Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462920 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3675 on: August 02, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »

Better wait for Skyrim GoTY edition. By then all DLCs will have been released, most bugs will be fixed, and mods will be updated to the latest patch. Most importantly, price will be lower. Yes, you don't get to play the game now but it gives you better bang for your buck in the long run.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: August 02, 2012, 09:38:50 pm »

GotY Edition was definitely the way to go for Oblivion, but I don't think Skyrim will be the same. I think Skyrim will be outdated by the time a GotY Edition is released. It's not exactly top of the line even now. Steam Christmas Sale will probably be Skyrim's peak.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:06 pm »

I bet you say that about all the older games. By the time the next Elder Scrolls is out vanilla Skyrim will have twice as many features.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3678 on: August 03, 2012, 03:18:45 am »

Honestly though, installing a single mod will make the UI functional and useful. SkyUI fixes every problem I had with the old UI.

Also did anyone notice Morrowind and Oblivion GOTY are on sale? $6.79 each.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: August 03, 2012, 04:07:42 am »

Honestly though, installing a single mod will make the UI functional and useful. SkyUI fixes every problem I had with the old UI.
You can't just install SkyUI, though. It doesn't work without a script extender.

BigD145, I can't understand what you're saying. You could try rephrasing it, or something; that might help.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: August 03, 2012, 07:03:28 am »

Half the world is immortal, but you can only fix that on the PC AFAIK (everyone seems to think installing mods is impossible on the 360, although I have heard of mods or cheats being installed for other games in the past on XBox 360 using USB sticks and some complicated method).

Basically, PC has mods. XBox just works, apparently gets patches sooner (although you may be able to get beta patches on PC) and DLC sooner, and only crashed/froze on me twice. I never tried the PS3 version. (The PC version was a complete hassle to get to work, though, when I was trying to play it, and there were no mods worth getting (which was right after the game was released, so there you go). I simply haven't tried it any time recently, however.)

My experience is probably biased towards XBox since I was using the PC version in the first 4 or 5 months or so since release, and the XBox version 8+ months after release.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3681 on: August 03, 2012, 07:29:12 am »

You can't just install SkyUI, though. It doesn't work without a script extender.
It works just fine without skse, I have it installed right now. Not every feature works, but it is usable and functional and 150% better than the default UI.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: August 03, 2012, 07:52:31 am »

You might as well get skse if you're doing any more modding besides that one mod, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3683 on: August 03, 2012, 07:54:54 am »

You might as well get skse if you're doing any more modding besides that one mod, though.
Is there a new skse version available already for the latest skyrim update?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: August 03, 2012, 11:38:04 am »

Is there a new skse version available already for the latest skyrim update?
They updated the version last week for Skyrim 1.7

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: August 03, 2012, 12:34:29 pm »

I bet you say that about all the older games. By the time the next Elder Scrolls is out vanilla Skyrim will have twice as many features.

BigD145, I can't understand what you're saying. You could try rephrasing it, or something; that might help.

It looks awkward but I think my statement is fairly accurate. It works for a number of the Elder Scrolls games. Take for example Morrowind to Oblivion. Morrowind had cities that were part of the overworld and not pocket dimensions like Oblivion (without mods). The load screen is very jarring and breaks immersion. A feature was lost. There are lots of examples and I'm picking one of the bigger ones.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: August 03, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »

I think this was mainly because they got more and more detailed, and they moved towards supporting the consoles and PC with the same codebase. You'll notice in Skyrim some of the cities are in the overworld, but several are zoned (generally the bigger ones).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: August 03, 2012, 01:07:54 pm »

It looks awkward but I think my statement is fairly accurate. It works for a number of the Elder Scrolls games. Take for example Morrowind to Oblivion. Morrowind had cities that were part of the overworld and not pocket dimensions like Oblivion (without mods). The load screen is very jarring and breaks immersion. A feature was lost. There are lots of examples and I'm picking one of the bigger ones.
It doesn't matter how accurate you think it is if the person you said it to can't understand it. Are you saying that I'm always going to say that the older game is better because features were dropped? I never said that Skyrim is worse than Oblivion, or that Oblivion is worse than Morrowind. I just think that the next big game to replace Skyrim will be here in a shorter time frame than from Oblivion to Skyrim. Vanilla Skyrim will most definitely not have twice as many features. The base game will get very few new features, if any, as is usual. DLC might possibly double the content of the game, but I doubt it will be that much; 1.5x seems more likely. Mods have more than doubled the content of the game already.
Did I guess your point and respond correctly, or were you trying to say something else?

(everyone seems to think installing mods is impossible on the 360, although I have heard of mods or cheats being installed for other games in the past on XBox 360 using USB sticks and some complicated method)
It's possible, but the modding range is limited, and it's a huge pain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: August 03, 2012, 01:53:44 pm »

holy shit Quakecon Bundle.... no money T_T

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: August 03, 2012, 02:08:21 pm »

I'm still waiting for Skyrim at 75% (of something that isn't over $60). I guess it'll be a couple years.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1135