Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462891 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3660 on: August 02, 2012, 12:23:41 am »

Is it that bad? I remember when almost everyone was drooling over it when it was first announced on RPS.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 02, 2012, 01:47:24 am »

Is it that bad? I remember when almost everyone was drooling over it when it was first announced on RPS.

The game was released unfinished. You better off with Frozen Synapse.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: August 02, 2012, 02:15:42 am »

It looks great but is literally unplayable.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: August 02, 2012, 02:28:24 am »

It looks great but is literally unplayable.

This seems awfully common these days.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: August 02, 2012, 04:41:43 pm »

For those who don't already own it; Skyrim (not Dawnguard) is 50% (29.99USD) off.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: August 02, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »

For those who don't already own it; Skyrim (not Dawnguard) is 50% (29.99USD) off.

Is the PC version decent, though? I've think I've heard some people say it was a pretty horrible port.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:01 pm »

Is the PC version decent, though? I've think I've heard some people say it was a pretty horrible port.
::) probably complaining on the UI part but the game is nice on the PC. i like it just for the pure fact on how much eyecandy i can drop on this.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: August 02, 2012, 05:39:27 pm »

The UI is kinda funky, but I got plenty of enjoyment out of it. The main problem I had with the PC port (lack of high-resolution textures) has been fixed via a free official DLC-type thing on Steam.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: August 02, 2012, 06:32:34 pm »

Also it's got some fancy and functional UI mod which makes it more mouse-friendly.

(the whole "quick key" thing still sucks tho, specially for dual wielders)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:35:36 pm by Sergius »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: August 02, 2012, 06:35:38 pm »

Yeah, it's an obvious PC port in that the UI is obviously console-designed, but otherwise it's fine.

Some people also claim it was dumbed down specifically to appeal to the console crowd, but it still felt like an Elder Scrolls game to me. I can't say I approve of all of their steamlining and simplifying, but I never found myself blaming the Call of Duty crowd for anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: August 02, 2012, 06:45:31 pm »

It's not the 'BEST GAME EVER', but I think it's worth $30 if you have the money sittin' around.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: August 02, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »

Yep, the only real "OMG this is an obvious port" thing was the UI, and that can be fixed with mods. Not to say that there weren't other problems, but they were more related to reducing player choice and such (making damn near every character related to every single little sidequest immortal, for one. Practically the entire Thieves' Guild was immortal, which ticked me off to no end when I tried to have a Chaotic Neutralesque character murder them all for being the Mafia instead of the Thieves' Guild.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: August 02, 2012, 08:33:25 pm »

Yeah, it's an obvious PC port in that the UI is obviously console-designed, but otherwise it's fine.

Some people also claim it was dumbed down specifically to appeal to the console crowd, but it still felt like an Elder Scrolls game to me. I can't say I approve of all of their steamlining and simplifying, but I never found myself blaming the Call of Duty crowd for anything.

It's not dumbed down for the consolers, it's just how it was designed. Oblivion was the same way. There's "a lot" to do, but it is doing all the same thing a dozen times over and then some more. Strength progression also tends to be less about getting stronger than about getting more ways to attack. There's still a little bit of power gain (I think? maybe not, and it is all based on equipment, no multipliers based on skill with the weapon), but it is a wash when fighting stronger enemies. Weak enemies die quickly either way.

I feel like combat suffers at the hands of trying to make a 'living' world, especially given the world still isn't very living. Adding some economy (perhaps even to the degree of individual vendors getting physically restocked by traders, and being able to interrupt this by raiding a caravan before it reaches a city), and the ability to affect that economy by owning land/businesses/trading posts/etc would go a long way, instead of just having NPCs wander around, eat, sleep in 'real' time.

There is a lot of eye candy in Skyrim, though, it is a beautiful game. They also did a much better job in terms of the variety of dungeons compared to Oblivion.

It is a good game for explorers, not so much for achievers (unless getting 100% of the game is a worthwhile achievement for you) or killer type players.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: August 02, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »

Also, its an Elder Scrolls game. If not already, there will be mods for basically anything eventually, with Steam Workshop as well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: August 02, 2012, 08:54:09 pm »

mods for basically anything eventually, with Steam Workshop as well.
This is the best point of it. It's an okay game; certainly worth $30 to me, but others probably have a different rating scale. Mods can change virtually any element of the game. You could replace the entire world or entirely redo the combat system, if you have enough expertise and time. Chances are, there are at least two sets of mods out there that will make the game 10 times better for you. That's at least three playthroughs. Just messing around and installing mods is fun enough (for me). I have 36 hours logged in-game, and at least half of that additionally modding. The vanilla game is kind of boring, but a decent "swing sword, kill thing, loot corpse" RPG. Not as good as Oblivion, IMO, but almost as.

EDIT: I should note that the Dawnguard DLC will probably not be worth its price to any Steam user. From what my (console-gaming) friends have told me, it seems like it would be worth half of that to someone who's really interested.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:58:50 pm by Lectorog »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1135