Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462882 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3645 on: July 27, 2012, 01:24:15 pm »

meh im gonna have to back out for now as i got more important stuff to save money on right now (dental fillings, car still broken, gf...) unless someone wants to hold out for me for about a month :P

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: July 27, 2012, 01:51:21 pm »

It seems like people are a bit confused over the pricing of BL2 for some reason - the 4 pack is currently $162, or about $40/copy. (That's after a weekend special of 10% off) Initial retail price for the game is $60 so the 4 pack currently saves you about $20 each. The base game is also 10% off right now, so it's on sale for about $54 dollars.

I'm tempted to chip in on a 4 pack although the payment method would have to be decided before hand...
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: July 29, 2012, 11:23:04 am »

Damn, there's a 10% discount on BL2 until tomorrow. The whole 4-pack is currently available at 135€, which is approximately 35€ / person. Are there 3 other Europeans interested? Just PM me here, or friend me on Steam (Maunoir).
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: July 29, 2012, 12:16:15 pm »

Damn, there's a 10% discount on BL2 until tomorrow. The whole 4-pack is currently available at 135€, which is approximately 35€ / person. Are there 3 other Europeans interested? Just PM me here, or friend me on Steam (Maunoir).
According to my steam, it's only £81 (104€ish). That makes around £20.25 per person (26€ish).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:35:36 pm by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: July 29, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »

So, stellar impact: It does look like a mildly entertaining little game, is my impression true?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: July 29, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »

Basically, you customize a space ship and take part in team deathmatch while capturing points and trying to destroy the enemy base. Teamwork is basically required, matches can drag on quite a bit, and the servers keep track of how often you quit in the middle of a match. The community was pretty small last I played, and I don't think it's gotten much bigger.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: July 30, 2012, 10:52:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maunoir hit me up on steam when I was active and got the extra copy.  Hopefully they mark it down again, thanks for all the interest.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:24:09 pm by engy »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: July 30, 2012, 10:54:45 am »

Ok, so I picked up a 4 pack of borderlands 2 during the sale.  It ended up being $40.50 USD per copy.  I have 3 people lined up from the DFC already.  However, that leaves me stuck with an extra.  It's pretty discounted 40.50, instead of 60 and it comes with all the pre-order stuff.

Anyway, let me know if you want it and add me as a friend on steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/engysback

Paypal is pretty painless.
err if no one picks it up can you hold it for me?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: August 01, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »

Man.....I reeeeeeaaalllly want gene forge or tropico to go on sale. I learned to never buy anything unless its on sale, or else it will go on sale next week and you will cry. So now I am torturing myself by watching let's plays of these games, who do it badly and make me want to play them more.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 01, 2012, 03:27:24 pm »

fyi geneforge saga (all 5 geneforge games) is in the current indieroyale bundle which is going for $5.50 minimum  currently.  Looks like you have choice of steam/non-steam activation.  I'm about to pull the trigger on it basically just for geneforge... http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113883.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: August 01, 2012, 08:08:19 pm »

I have the Geneforge series, but I haven't really gotten into it. Probably should, though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 01, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »

Theres a mod for most of the series on the Spiderweb forums that (potentially) gives you ludicrous power levels if you just want to see the story. Or its usable as a stat/items editor for non-OP levels of power.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:00 pm »

I learned to never buy anything unless its on sale, or else it will go on sale next week and you will cry. So now I am torturing myself by watching let's plays of these games, who do it badly and make me want to play them more.

Same here. It makes more economical sense to hold back and while it's tempting, I don't see the point of buying newly released games. Bug fixes, patches, add-ons, DLCs, and all that. Especially when you have so many other games lined up, which I am sure many Steam users are suffering from. :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 01, 2012, 08:59:39 pm »

fyi geneforge saga (all 5 geneforge games) is in the current indieroyale bundle which is going for $5.50 minimum  currently.  Looks like you have choice of steam/non-steam activation.  I'm about to pull the trigger on it basically just for geneforge... http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113883.0

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even wanted to play some of those other games. Thanks for the heads up, I owe you one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 01, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »

Advice, for reference:

NEVER buy Fray.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1135