Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462851 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3615 on: July 24, 2012, 07:53:43 pm »

Worms: Reloaded
One of my major regrets is having missed/forgotten about this. :(
I've gotten very little fun out of my copy. Is there some way I can gift it to you?
Don't believe so. Try playing it with friends, though- Worms is one of those series where single player is more of a testing/timewasting/messing around mode.
Au contraire, although the game is definitely the most fun in multiplayer and that's the main draw, some of the worms games (not sure about Reloaded) have unlockable weapons in the single player.

On the flip side, playing single-player also forces you to cope with the @#$% CHEATING AI !@#$.

(Technically, the AI doesn't cheat. It's just flawless at predicting weapon arcs through wind to perfectly nail your worms from the far side of the map.  >:( )

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:50 pm »

I've gotten very little fun out of my copy. Is there some way I can gift it to you?
Don't believe so. Try playing it with friends, though- Worms is one of those series where single player is more of a testing/timewasting/messing around mode.
Au contraire, although the game is definitely the most fun in multiplayer and that's the main draw, some of the worms games (not sure about Reloaded) have unlockable weapons in the single player.

On the flip side, playing single-player also forces you to cope with the @#$% CHEATING AI !@#$.

(Technically, the AI doesn't cheat. It's just flawless at predicting weapon arcs through wind to perfectly nail your worms from the far side of the map.  >:( )
Every. Single. Time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: July 25, 2012, 03:35:27 am »

I do that all the time. it's why my friends now refuse to play worms with me. or scorched earth, for that matter, or gorillaz or anything else  :(

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: July 25, 2012, 08:04:47 am »

Every. Single. Time.
A friend and I play just about every weekend on the PS3 version.  We've gotten to the point where it's 2 + 2 (him and I) vs. 4 + 4 (the two hardest computer) grenades only!  You eventually figure out what makes them get stupid real quick.  The major bummer is when they all jump rope for their turns and you have to dig out land to get to them.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3619 on: July 26, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »

Borderlands is 75% off right now (Along with a free weekend), and Borderlands 2 is 10% off for pre-purchase this weekend. I enjoyed Borderlands enough to be tempted to have the sequel be one of the very few full price games I buy, so this is extremely tempting.

The only thing that turns me off is that the original price is $59.99. I still might get it, but I wish they would lay off with the extra $10 on games.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: July 26, 2012, 06:24:03 pm »

Sadly $60 game at launch plus a whole bunch of paid DLCs at later dates seem to be the norm. And if you're in Australia, you get screwed up harder. Long gone the days when you could buy great, relatively less-buggy games at $40-50 at launch.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: July 26, 2012, 06:53:38 pm »

Sadly $60 game at launch plus a whole bunch of paid DLCs at later dates seem to be the norm.
It's like you're really buying a standard console game - because you are! The pricing system is unfair. But it gets the companies money, and people are willing to pay for it.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is coming out August 24, for $40. It's an amazing game, and that's a fair price, especially considering that it comes with additional content. Get it if you like dying and medieval fantasy combat. Kind of like Legend of Zelda +, with heavy influence from Berserk.

And Orcs Must Die! is 75% off this weekend.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: July 26, 2012, 06:58:34 pm »

Speaking of pre-order, TotalBiscuit did WTF is... on Prototype 2. Long story short: it's a horrible console-port. Do NOT get it.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: July 26, 2012, 07:03:27 pm »

Unless you have a console. Its perfectly fine there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: July 26, 2012, 07:07:31 pm »

Speaking of pre-order, TotalBiscuit did WTF is... on Prototype 2. Long story short: it's a horrible console-port. Do NOT get it.
just cause 2
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: July 26, 2012, 07:10:06 pm »

That seems like a random thing to say.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: July 26, 2012, 07:11:33 pm »

nope that game's pc controls suck dick
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: July 26, 2012, 07:15:16 pm »

It should also be said Radical has (is going to very soon?) closed its doors. They might keep a skeleton staff around to do minor updates but....the game won't be receiving much post launch support. At least from the primary developers.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is coming out August 24, for $40. It's an amazing game, and that's a fair price, especially considering that it comes with additional content. Get it if you like dying and medieval fantasy combat. Kind of like Legend of Zelda +, with heavy influence from Berserk.

While I'm super stoked about this, I haven't actually pre-ordered yet. Something about them having porting issues (is there an echo in here...?) left me feeling a little unsettled. I'd probably pre-order it if I didn't have a backlog of stuff to play and an MMO I'm enjoying. But I'll get it at some point....maybe at the Christmas Sale.  :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:18:33 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: July 26, 2012, 07:47:53 pm »

Something about them having porting issues (is there an echo in here...?) left me feeling a little unsettled.
It's a game that should really be played with a controller anyway - the controls are designed around it. I can certainly understand not buying it on this count; it is just going to be a direct port. I'm not sure if I'll be getting it on the PC or just buying the DLC for my Xbox version. If you have a PC with a gamepad and no PS3 or Xbox, it's definitely a good purchase.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: July 26, 2012, 08:23:38 pm »

Not Steam-related but may be useful to those who missed these games during Steam summer sale.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 1135