Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462806 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3555 on: July 22, 2012, 11:36:21 pm »

Okay, the Sale is nearly over, and I don't have the time or ambition to dig through the whole list of discounts.

Opinions on decent deals that haven't hit the top 9 or the flash sales?  What should I consider?

I've previously bought Grimrock and Trine2, but haven't installed either one.  Right now, I'm going to buy Quantum Conundrum, because by a creator of Portal, and Windosill, because, US$1.01.  And I suppose I'll add in DHSGIT, I've wanted it for years.

Recently I've been playing:
  • The stock Windows Solitaire card games, especially Klondike and Freecell.  (Does anyone know where I can get TriPeaks, legally or not?  From one of the old Microsoft Entertainment Pack things.  I miss it.  PM me.)
  • Minecraft modded with RP2 and IC2 and some utility stuff.
  • No One Lives Forever 1, which I finally figured out how to run satisfactorily on a modern rig.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: July 23, 2012, 12:06:38 am »

Recently I've been playing:
  • The stock Windows Solitaire card games, especially Klondike and Freecell.  (Does anyone know where I can get TriPeaks, legally or not?  From one of the old Microsoft Entertainment Pack things.  I miss it.  PM me.)

http://solitaire.vegard2.no/
6 cardgames from Microsoft Windows Entertainment Packs

About halfway down the list. Can't speak for its legality, but it claims to be a collection of freeware solitaires. (Though it adds that the definition of freeware may be nonstandard...) The screenshot looks exactly like the old TriPeaks I remember. And made it to the top of the high score list. Multiple times.
[/list]
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: July 23, 2012, 12:25:24 am »

Saints Row: The Third: $12.49 on its own. Saints Row: The Third plus a crap ton of DLC: $13.29.

I think I know which I'm getting. Even if they are just weapon packs (I don't know, I haven't looked yet), it's 80 cents. If I get a little bit of enjoyment out of it, there's no way that's not worth it.

This sale will put me into sandbox overload. GTA IV + Episodes, New Vegas, Just Cause 2, and now Saints Row: The Third.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:28:02 am by Mephisto »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: July 23, 2012, 12:42:41 am »

If you haven't played SR2 you may want to get that instead...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:08 am »

Currently in my shopping cart:
  • Analogue: A Hate Story, which I've heard good things about.
  • The Longest Journey, which I discovered through that reddit link someone posted a while back (of "hidden" deals) and has a surprisingly high Metascore.
  • Also thinking of getting DHSGIT, because it looks just strange enough to work.

Haven't gotten much out of the front page deals this summer, which is a shame. Maybe the winter sale will be better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:54 am »

Mind me asking why? It's only $3.75 so I picked it up anyway, but I'm a bit curious. I've heard people say 3 was basically the complete opposite of serious, but I don't really mind that.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: July 23, 2012, 12:52:25 am »

Two games that I have been waiting to be on 75% daily/flash sale but have not appeared:

Hearts of Iron Complete Pack
DCS A-10 Warthog
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: July 23, 2012, 12:55:55 am »

DCS A-10 Warthog is 60% off, so you might want to pick that up anyway. The HoI games are also on sale, though only around 40% off.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: July 23, 2012, 01:00:14 am »

So I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the sale. There was a lack of diversity in the flash/community sales with a few of the same games popping up too often. The lack of any kind of event like the last sales were disappointing and the whole badge system just seems lazy to me.

That said it was still a great sale and there was some great hidden gems here and there. Sadly some of the games I was waiting for never got that awesome discount I was relying on.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: July 23, 2012, 01:07:39 am »

Mind me asking why? It's only $3.75 so I picked it up anyway, but I'm a bit curious. I've heard people say 3 was basically the complete opposite of serious, but I don't really mind that.

What I read was that basically the shift from GTA:SA's funkyness to GTA4 super emo seriousness, is the exact opposite of SR2 to SR3.

To me, that's a good thing, I really liked San Andreas' crazy stuff.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: July 23, 2012, 01:51:47 am »

• The Longest Journey, which I discovered through that reddit link someone posted a while back (of "hidden" deals) and has a surprisingly high Metascore.

Picked that one up too, due to Walker's frequent glowing references to it.  Having a lot of fun so far, and this is as someone who never quite saw the point in the genre.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3566 on: July 23, 2012, 04:10:36 am »

So the end of the sale, time to look over the loot.
Code: [Select]
Magicka: The Stars are left 75% £2.39
Trine 2 75% £2.99
Hoard + dlc 75% £1.86
Space Marine 75% £4.99
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb 75% £0.49
Bioshock 2 75% £3.49
Sword of the Stars 2 75% £6.24
Indie Bundle V 75% £6.99 (Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Ys The Oath in Felghana, Gemini Rue, Tiny Bang Story)
Fortune Summoners 75% £3.24
Botanicula 75% £1.87
£34.55

Managed to stick to only 75% or better deals this time, so a fairly decent haul of games for the same price as a new game.

I'm a bit dissapointed in the indie bundles throughout the sale. They seem rather like they have been put together by taking the varous humble bundles, splitting their content up between each day's bundle then adding the other indie titles to the bundles. As it was I only ended up buying a single bundle, and even then ending up repurchasing audiosurf in it, due to too many already owned games from the humble bundles appearing in each one.

A little dissapointing that there has been no event associated with this sale as with the previous ones. Still, it has left more time free to focus on a couple of games I've bought and there hasn't been the need to keep the computer constantly downloading the new games in a rush to play them.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: July 23, 2012, 04:29:13 am »

Not Steam related, but GamersGate is having a 40% off sale on the Paradox catalog, with 75% off the Victoria titles and DLC for the first day.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: July 23, 2012, 05:16:33 am »

That's interesting but I don't think the DLC/Expansions work across platform with Steam. So if you have the collection on Steam like me, you're outta luck there.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: July 23, 2012, 08:29:22 am »

SR2 is the better game really, but it's also (from what I hear) a horrible port that runs terribly. It's been a while since I played 2, but I remember it having much more to do than 3 and your character was more customizable. That said 3 is still an amazing game in it's own right, it's just a case of 2 being better. They're both whacky and silly fun, and don't take themselves seriously at all.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1135