Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462766 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3540 on: July 22, 2012, 06:18:50 am »

Do you like space sims like elite?

If yes, you will enjoy Evochron. It's like the Dwarf Fortress of space sims. Newtonian-ish physics make combat into something that no other game is like except IWar.

Anything else you need to know?

ok, I got it  :P

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 22, 2012, 08:39:48 am »

Downloading the games that I've bought in this sale made me realise that there was almost no space left on my primary harddrive, so I decided to move steam over to inhabit my shiny new empty harddrive. I didn't realize quite how many files and much space those games took up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and this is only with about a third of my library installed.

I played the demo of one of the evochron's several years back and it seemd rather empty at the time, although that may have been a limitation of the demo. Does the current version have a lot happening/stuff to do?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: July 22, 2012, 12:21:32 pm »

The deals are up!

Splinter Cell Conviction $5
Double Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Costume Quest, Stacking) $7.49
Space Pirates And Zombies $2.49
Jagged Alliance: Back In Action: $9.99
Football Manager 2012 $7.49
Operation Flashpoint: Red River $13.74
Bioshock $4.99
Bastion $3.74
Indie Bundle 11 (World of Goo, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Waveform, Star Ruler) $9.99

That is an awesome deal for Bastion. (And for SPAZ, if you're interested)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:02:55 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: July 22, 2012, 12:25:42 pm »

Splinter cell conviction is $5.

There's a Tom Clancy pack for $40 although it seems to switch between the two on the main page.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: July 22, 2012, 12:28:41 pm »

I got galciv II, I have a rule limiting myself to sub-5€ deals (or I'll be ruined in a couple days), but that jagged alliance seems good. I'll wait the christmas sale...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: July 22, 2012, 12:35:56 pm »

I've heard from many people that the new JA game was pretty bad. YMMV.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:25 pm »

The new JA game is good if you accept that it's very different from the old JA games. Not great, but at that price it's pretty good. Might be $2 cheaper at Xmas sale.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: July 22, 2012, 12:49:06 pm »

I've heard from many people that the new JA game was pretty bad. YMMV.

I followed the thread on this forum and some let's play. is a decent strategy game, totally unrelated to ja2, but better than other modern stuff.

also, it got better (I can remember when you couldn't click+drag the map, sheesh). still, not 7$ better, to me.  :P

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: July 22, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »

I tried the SPAZ demo for about an hour. I can't say I'm too impressed. My main gripe is the fact that the AI will just SIT even if you give them direct orders.
EDIT-Two Fiddy seems like an appropriate price, but can you seriously only manage 3 ships?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:24:33 pm by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: July 22, 2012, 04:59:44 pm »

Picked up Witcher EE and Witcher 2 EE for about ~$17. I'm pretty happy with that, but the thought of playing through W1 to benefit from the carried over save seems kind of daunting.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: July 22, 2012, 05:02:30 pm »

Picked up Witcher EE and Witcher 2 EE for about ~$17. I'm pretty happy with that, but the thought of playing through W1 to benefit from the carried over save seems kind of daunting.
You can grab completed savegames online.

Places like Witcher 1 Nexus have them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: July 22, 2012, 05:04:54 pm »

Yeah but I never finished Witcher 1 and I feel like I should do that. (Particularly now that I actually own it.)

I seem to recall W1 generates an absurd amount of save games of inordinate size. It still doing that? I think I had something like 1.5 gigs of W1 saved games, it was stupid.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: July 22, 2012, 05:10:45 pm »

Yeah but I never finished Witcher 1 and I feel like I should do that. (Particularly now that I actually own it.)

I seem to recall W1 generates an absurd amount of save games of inordinate size. It still doing that? I think I had something like 1.5 gigs of W1 saved games, it was stupid.
Yup. It still does. Witcher 2 does too. You can't even delete them in game I think.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: July 22, 2012, 07:07:05 pm »

Sort of. It doesn't generate many save games automatically, but it does generate a new save file every time you use the 'quicksave' button. If you're quicksaving frequently, then the save menu will start to lag badly after a few chapters. Also, each save is ~25 MB, which will add up quickly.  :(

While you can delete saves in-game, it's painful to do, since you can't select multiple saves to delete at once. Instead, nuke them manually from "$USER\Documents\The Witcher\saves". They're numbered, so the newest ones will automatically show up on top of the list.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: July 22, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »

I tried the SPAZ demo for about an hour. I can't say I'm too impressed. My main gripe is the fact that the AI will just SIT even if you give them direct orders.
EDIT-Two Fiddy seems like an appropriate price, but can you seriously only manage 3 ships?
You can mod more, but unmodded its a bit slow to gain extra ships.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1135