Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462773 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3525 on: July 21, 2012, 06:45:59 pm »

Its still an AoE game, but the main opinion in the thread earlier was that 2 is better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: July 21, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »

I already have 2, but it looks like manufactured ass(my grass looks like puke). Its a fun game nonetheless.
I'm just asking is it worth having two and three.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: July 21, 2012, 07:30:58 pm »

I already have 2, but it looks like manufactured ass(my grass looks like puke). Its a fun game nonetheless.
I'm just asking is it worth having two and three.

I didn't enjoy 3 when I played it, and I've heard quite a few people say to just get AOE online instead.

Damn, only 40% and ARMA3 is coming out... I am on the fence. >.>

Also DO NOT buy ARMA2 for DayZ. Why?

'Day Z' going standalone in September, adopting 'Minecraft' model.

This and a hundred other reasons. Day Z is fun, but it's also buggy and, depending on what day it is, a broken mess. Arma 2 is a genuinely good game though and between the campaigns, armoury and multiplayer (with all the other non-dayz mods) there's hundreds of hours of gameplay there.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: July 21, 2012, 07:45:56 pm »

Damn. Prince of Persia series is on sale... but comes with Ubisoft always-online DRM.

Blegh.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: July 21, 2012, 07:47:32 pm »

Not for all of it though, AFAIK. PoP2008 sucked anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: July 21, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »

Saw that Divinity 2 was on flash sale. I've been mildly interested in that for a while, any recommendations, impressions or cautioning tales?

Avoid. I doubt it's still on flash but I figured I should mention it.

As a concept it is okay. The realization is atrocious. Very unpolished. It is probably the reason why there are no gameplay trailers on steam.

Think of it like Oblivion/Skyrim in a linear world, linear story, few opportunities for exploration. Gothic series and Risen are similar in concept but still offer something resembling an open world (that I remember, at least, I didn't play them much). Kingdoms of Amalur is probably the closest game to match it overall, although Kingdoms is far, far more polished and still offers more to do, particularly in side quests.

The dragon-shift mechanic in Ego Draconis is hilariously terrible.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:00:42 pm by Niveras »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:06 pm »

I noticed Tropico 4 is on sale.  I'm wondering if I should pick it up for $15, or wait until they bundle it with the Modern Times expansion some time in the future?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: July 21, 2012, 10:02:15 pm »

Tropico 4 already went on franchise sale. I got it and all DLC's for $16.50-ish during this summer sale.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: July 22, 2012, 12:35:00 am »

So... No one have anything to say about Evochron I assume?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: July 22, 2012, 12:45:40 am »

Do you like space sims like elite?

If yes, you will enjoy Evochron. It's like the Dwarf Fortress of space sims. Newtonian-ish physics make combat into something that no other game is like except IWar.

Anything else you need to know?

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: July 22, 2012, 12:52:01 am »

Do you like space sims like elite?

If yes, you will enjoy Evochron. It's like the Dwarf Fortress of space sims. Newtonian-ish physics make combat into something that no other game is like except IWar.

Anything else you need to know?
A couple: DRM? If yes, which? Is the game decently programmed? Or is it a barely playable bugfest? Cause it does sound pretty fun.

More on the style of the game, what kind of crafts can you pilot/command? Merely single person small craft? Or can you pilot humongous capital ships? Can you command a fleet? Can you have stations? Are mercenary activities the only thing you can feasibly do?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: July 22, 2012, 01:00:34 am »

The original license (as of two years ago) only worked for one computer and activation. If you wanted to reinstall, you would have to email the creator of the game for another key, which he was happy and quick to provide. I believe the steam version just uses steam. I just messaged Shawn, the creator/programmer, for a steam key, and he gave me one since I bought the game about 2 years ago.

The game is small in memory size, but large in scope. As with DF, it's pretty incredible to have been programmed by one man.

You can command only various styles of small craft, civilian and combat versions. The focus of the game is on exploration with some trading and combat thrown in. Combat is really fun since it utilises newtonian physics, and will take some getting used to. You can get "officers" for your spaceship, and they confer various bonuses to your ship. You can have a carrier to support your small craft and buy/build stations. This is really fun in multiplayer, as people will take over different sectors of space.

Overall, I'd say it's a great buy for $7, if you're into games like Elite and Freelancer.

EDIT: One of the biggest draws for the game, is that anywhere you see, you can go. No loading screens. If you want you could land on a planet... you could use all your fuel to speed up and then coast forever until you crash into something because you can't slow down with no fuel, you can initiate your warp drive in the atmosphere and become a flaming wreck. There's also rumours of a hidden Earth somewhere in quadrants far away...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:04:12 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: July 22, 2012, 01:20:30 am »

Sold!

Hm, I think I know this game, I remember playing a demo that had a time limit per installation, or play limit or something. I think the original DRM turned me off buying it. But it was kinda fun doing odd jobs like polishing someone's solar panels.

But hey, Steam.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32:05 am »

What's the difference between Evochron Mercenaries and Legends?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 22, 2012, 05:34:06 am »

Mercenaries is newer? I never played Legends so I can't say what exactly is the difference.

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1135