Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462630 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3405 on: July 19, 2012, 07:11:41 pm »

Anybody have any opinions on Beyond Good & Evil? I've very vaguely heard that it was good, but nothing solid.

Really, really good game. I played it back when it was first released, on the gamecubes.

Gameplay is similar to the 3D Zelda games in terms of exploration, combat, progression, minigames, etc. It also has some stealth elements, companions that follow you around in a way that usually isn't annoying, a cool photography gimmick and some vehicles. The setting is quirky and really charming, and the story is pretty good and actually rather dark at times. Graphics seemed to have aged alright for a game that's almost 10 years old now. Kind of short but not disappointingly short. If it's anywhere near as good as I remember I'd highly recommend.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: July 19, 2012, 07:21:39 pm »

Anybody have any opinions on Beyond Good & Evil? I've very vaguely heard that it was good, but nothing solid.

Also now I very slightly want to buy EYE just for the plot. :P
The only thing to watch out for is the quality of the PC port. I've heard the controls aren't that great, but I played it on the PS2 so I can't speak to that.

Bad port. Yeah, that's one way to put it. My hardware is far above the recommended specs (what isn't nowadays?) and I can't play without massive flickering. It's also generally unplayable.

It's either related to the operating system or hardware specs. It ran fine on my old single-core P4 running XP, but it's absolute crap on a tri-core Phenom running 7. I loved the game when I could play it, so don't take this as me bitching for no reason. I would love to be able to play it again.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3407 on: July 19, 2012, 07:27:34 pm »

Aw, man. They had to put SPAZ out with a zombie horror game and a twitch FPS. I've been waiting for it to go -75% sale since I missed it by minutes the last time.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: July 19, 2012, 07:28:16 pm »

Have you guys had a look here?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: July 19, 2012, 07:34:03 pm »

I didn't think to, but if it works, that solves all of my qualms. Go buy it!

Thanks.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: July 19, 2012, 07:45:37 pm »

Aw, man. They had to put SPAZ out with a zombie horror game and a twitch FPS. I've been waiting for it to go -75% sale since I missed it by minutes the last time.

Voted for SPAZ, everyone has to play it!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: July 19, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »

I didn't think to, but if it works, that solves all of my qualms. Go buy it!

Thanks.
I heard of the site through TB's Salebox vids, and its basically a wiki dedicated to collecting as many PC game fixes as possible, for as long as possible (for as many games as possible). It has an XKCD on the main page.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:33 pm »

Beyond Good and Evil is pretty good.

(Also here is a weird old game tech issue fix I found a long time ago.  At least two games on my old XP, would fail to run and would restart the PC.  Bizarrely the way to fix this was to lower the quality of audio performance from the control panel.)

Anyway I voted SPAZ for you guys even though that genre has left me deeply unsatisfied since Escape Velocity Override which I had as a kid.

I'm personally holding out for a sale on Magical Diary but I'm probably gonna get it regardless before the sale ends.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:34 pm »

I know! Dead Island, really? Come on!

The worst of it is that me and 2 friends bought it when it was in the daily or whatever a few days ago... And it just refuses to run multiplayer for my friend. Also speaking of terrible ports, Dead Island is one of the worst I've played.

I voted for The Walking Dead because it's the only game I don't have. Don't worry though, because I've yet to vote for a winner this sale. :(

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: July 19, 2012, 09:44:30 pm »

I would love to beat the snot out of Sony's SecuROM department and everybody at R* who thought using SecuROM was a good idea.

You may have heard that I bought GTA IV earlier. Don't waste your money, regardless of the price. Paying anything is robbery if you can't actually play.

1911, at least you never let me down when you fix things the creators have intentionally broken.

Welp, GFWL says the key that Steam gave me isn't valid. Let's see if the common answer of "validate cache" works...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:01:50 pm by Mephisto »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: July 19, 2012, 10:25:49 pm »

I would love to beat the snot out of Sony's SecuROM department and everybody at R* who thought using SecuROM was a good idea.

You may have heard that I bought GTA IV earlier. Don't waste your money, regardless of the price. Paying anything is robbery if you can't actually play.

1911, at least you never let me down when you fix things the creators have intentionally broken.

Welp, GFWL says the key that Steam gave me isn't valid. Let's see if the common answer of "validate cache" works...

Worked fine with me last time I installed GTA4 from Steam, probably a bad batch?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: July 19, 2012, 10:27:41 pm »

Maybe... spoiler effect...?

Also, never heard much about it. Looked interesting, but that's all.

Don't know anything about GFWL (until now, at least), but SecuROM can choke a dick.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: July 19, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »

From reading forums, old GFWL had limited installations (usually 15) and once you used them all up, you could try contacting Microsoft technical support (that don't operate globally) to get a maximum of ONE new installation license. If that didn't work or you had to use up your LAST installation license, you must buy a new game!

Now GFWL games are tied to your profile and there's no install limits.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:46 pm »

SPAZ was quite fun if you like space-war style combat and some RPG/exploration stuff thrown in. Well worth the money.

I've never dealt with SecuROM but GFWL has always played nice for me if I tell it to "sign on offline mode" or something similar (that doesn't meant I LIKE it, just that it's mostly a minor annoyance). That said, there's other ways to make it far less annoying, but you'll have to figure them out on your own.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:45 pm »

Anyone from the US interested in doing a couple of trades?
Im looking for Darkspore, willing to trade $10-20 worth of games for it.
Im also looking for the Bethesda pack since its not even an option in Australia, let me know what you want in exchange.

I can transfer the funds through paypal but would be more comfortable doing a steam trade for the items.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027580754 <- this is me

Feel free to add me if you can help or contact me through these forums, thanks :)
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1135