Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462632 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3390 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »

Indie Bundle 8 isn't available in the US.

wut is going on
Refresh the page.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: July 19, 2012, 12:13:37 pm »

BTW, E.Y.E. was based on a paper RPG.

"E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is an indie action/role-playing first-person shooter video game created by the 12-person French development team Streum On Studio, and built using Valve Corporation's Source engine. It is a cyberpunk themed game based on the role-playing board game "A.V.A." developed by Streum On Studio in 1998" - From Wikipedia
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3392 on: July 19, 2012, 12:13:41 pm »

todays daily sales

Sniper Elite V2
Witcher 1 & 2
Krater
Fallout New Vegas
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Alan Wake bundle
Plants vs. Zombies
Gratuitous Battle Pack
Indie Bundle VII (Wings of Prey, Demolition, Inc., Swords and Soldiers, HOARD, Sol Exodus)
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: July 19, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »

@Flash sales... wasn't Nexuiz free at one point? Did I dream that up?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3394 on: July 19, 2012, 01:40:04 pm »

The Witcher 1 & 2 bundle is also on sale from Good Old Games for a slightly better price at 66% off.  Also, if you already own one of the games, you can still get the 66% discount on the other game.  If you own one of the games on another service, I believe GOG has a method of claiming a key on their site as well, which would make you eligible for the full discount on the other game.

KG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: July 19, 2012, 02:33:31 pm »

I thought I missed it. I saw that New Vegas was on sale after said sale ended and I noticed a friend had purchased it. It didn't slip away this time.

Anyway, this has to be the fewest games I've purchased of any Steam sale. I picked up Just Cause 2, the GTA IV bundle, and New Vegas. I doubt I'll be getting much else unless it's insanely cheap - I've probably already spent too much.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: July 19, 2012, 03:49:58 pm »

Is wings of prey and horde worth the bundle? I don't own any of the games in it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:30 pm »

Hoard is a fun little game. Not comparable to other bundle games like Braid or Limbo but I'd say it's worth $2.50.
I don't know any of the others.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:15:06 pm by Dutchling »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »

Is wings of prey and horde worth the bundle? I don't own any of the games in it.

I liked hoard.  Good little time waster.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: July 19, 2012, 04:24:50 pm »

Hoard is fun but will not last you all that long.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3400 on: July 19, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »

Whitefoxsniper, there's a thread about flight simulators around here that you might be interested in reading. It depends on what you want from a game and what you expect from a flight simulator. It has pretty graphics, but isn't particularly realistic. There are less beautiful, more realistic alternatives :)

Also, any thoughts on Gratuitous Tank Battles? I didn't really enjoy GSB that much, but it was OK. I like to buy indie stuff, but there's just too much indie stuff (a LOT of it crap) these days.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:07:01 pm by Anvilfolk »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: July 19, 2012, 06:01:07 pm »

The biggest problem I have with E.Y.E. is that there's no way to save the game or tell when it has saved, as far as I could tell.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: July 19, 2012, 06:53:19 pm »

Anybody have any opinions on Beyond Good & Evil? I've very vaguely heard that it was good, but nothing solid.

Also now I very slightly want to buy EYE just for the plot. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: July 19, 2012, 06:58:31 pm »

Anybody have any opinions on Beyond Good & Evil? I've very vaguely heard that it was good, but nothing solid.

It's a really good 3rd person open world stealth game with a Pokemon Snap style photography minigame. From what I can remember it's really well written and has some memorable characters. Definatly worth playing. It's definatly worth the £1.24 they're asking for it. If you haven't played it definalty buy it.

The only thing to watch out for is the quality of the PC port. I've heard the controls aren't that great, but I played it on the PS2 so I can't speak to that.

Is anyone else steadily losing their faith in humanity as a result of these community choices? Each new choice is worse than the last. :(

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: July 19, 2012, 07:08:09 pm »

It's a really good 3rd person open world stealth game with a Pokemon Snap style photography minigame. From what I can remember it's really well written and has some memorable characters. Definatly worth playing. It's definatly worth the £1.24 they're asking for it. If you haven't played it definalty buy it.

The only thing to watch out for is the quality of the PC port. I've heard the controls aren't that great, but I played it on the PS2 so I can't speak to that.
Alright, thanks. I'll probably do that then, bad port be damned.

Is anyone else steadily losing their faith in humanity as a result of these community choices? Each new choice is worse than the last. :(
I know! Dead Island, really? Come on!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1135