Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462593 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3375 on: July 19, 2012, 09:58:27 am »

I had fun with Fable 3, albeit on the XBox, so I didn't have nearly as many issues with terrible DRM. Can't speak for the other two.

(Protip: you can repair properties from the map screen. Still tedious as hell, since it takes several buttons to repair each one, but it's nowhere near as boring as running around through town repairing everything. Also, shops don't decay.  ;) )

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: July 19, 2012, 10:16:30 am »

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy: Tell me about it. Seems pretty unique but I can't really get the game's feel from the screenshots in the steam page. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3377 on: July 19, 2012, 10:19:13 am »

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy: Tell me about it. Seems pretty unique but I can't really get the game's feel from the screenshots in the steam page. :P
I didn't like it. It was very... strange. The UI really turned me off, was difficult to use and unwieldy, and the game is not well explained. The story is pretty out there.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: July 19, 2012, 10:52:04 am »

Its very unpolished, with lousy UI and story.  The shooting is actually pretty good though.  I had a fair bit of fun with it.   

If you get it, make sure your first priority is to get a medkit and the stealth implant.  :)  Makes a world of difference.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: July 19, 2012, 11:03:26 am »

EYE. The story in that game makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I had no idea what was going on, I had no idea who I was, I had no idea who my enemies were or why I should care. I imagine the process for creating the story for that game went something like this.

Step 1: Think up a dystopian cyberpunk story heavily influenced by the inquisition from WH40k and write it down.
Step 2: Swap every third word from the beginning with every third word from the end.
Step 3: Shred every fifth page of the story.
Step 4: Remove all bindings and pour the remaining papers onto the floor.
Step 5: Slather glue on the papers.
Step 6: Have a dog roll around on the papers.
Step 7: Shave the dog and take the papers and rebind them in whatever order they are in.
Step 8: Run the story through badtranslator seven times.
Step 9: Make it into a game.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: July 19, 2012, 11:06:14 am »

EYE. The story in that game makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I had no idea what was going on, I had no idea who I was, I had no idea who my enemies were or why I should care. I imagine the process for creating the story for that game went something like this.

Step 1: Think up a dystopian cyberpunk story heavily influenced by the inquisition from WH40k and write it down.
Step 2: Swap every third word from the beginning with every third word from the end.
Step 7: Shave the dog and take the papers and rebind them in whatever order they are in.

Sums it up pretty well. It is fairly fun if you don't try to understand any of it though. Awful game design, muddy graphics, but fun combat.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:14 am »

Sums it up pretty well. It is fairly fun if you don't try to understand any of it though. Awful game design, muddy graphics, but fun combat.

I'll give it that, it had some fairly interesting mechanics, the whole hacking thing and all. It could have been more fleshed out and polished but the gameplay wasn't that bad. It just made no sense why I was doing anything that I was doing, or even what that thing I was doing actually was.

I think this game feels like it was based on a book or something because when I was playing it I couldn't help but think I should have known more about the world than I did. It's like a for-fans-of-a-book adaptation that forgot to have the book it was based on :p

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: July 19, 2012, 11:19:45 am »

It just made no sense why I was doing anything that I was doing, or even what that thing I was doing actually was.

Someone turned my life into a game?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: July 19, 2012, 11:36:16 am »

Well done, Carpe Fulgur.

They're in the current bestseller's list twice.  For an indie translation shop with three games localized, that's pretty amazing.

Carpe Fulgur Collection at number 12, Recettear at 21.  At $12 and $5 respectively, that's a bunch of money.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3384 on: July 19, 2012, 11:38:24 am »

I want to try this now.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: July 19, 2012, 11:39:12 am »

I want to try this now.

They aren't even joking.  Its really like that.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: July 19, 2012, 11:42:55 am »

I want to try this now.

They aren't even joking.  Its really like that.
I have to agree.

I got the game recently. My understanding of what people are talking about has ranged from "I think I am missing something." to straight up "WTF?".

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3387 on: July 19, 2012, 11:43:51 am »

But you are the cyberpriests and must kill the rebelbad people because divine!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: July 19, 2012, 11:47:03 am »

But you are the cyberpriests and must kill the rebelbad people because divine!

Spoiler: Spoilers be here. (click to show/hide)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3389 on: July 19, 2012, 11:52:59 am »

Or indeed all of the above. At the same time.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 1135