Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462579 times)

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3360 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:50 pm »

Yeah, it was a bad PC port. If you want to complain about it, try this forum.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:06:15 am by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: July 19, 2012, 12:13:43 am »

???
Played through Borderlands and all of the DLC, no problems detected. Yes, on PC.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34:26 am »

I kind of swore off Borderlands. The last time I played it, it caused my video card to overheat and render my laptop mostly useless. (The entire video output system was scorched.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: July 19, 2012, 12:36:55 am »

I kind of swore off Borderlands. The last time I played it, it caused my video card to overheat and render my laptop mostly useless. (The entire video output system was scorched.)

I had the same problem when I played it. Card wasn't scorched, but I couldn't even have my fingers on WASD after a few minutes of game time. No other game has caused this problem since then.

Great from what I played, though.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3364 on: July 19, 2012, 01:07:44 am »

Is it me, or am I seeing some repeat flash sales coming along?

I know I saw Saint's Row 3 on the Flash Sale before. I think we're bound to get a few repeats, probably of the more popular ones.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #3365 on: July 19, 2012, 01:16:26 am »

Is it me, or am I seeing some repeat flash sales coming along?

I know I saw Saint's Row 3 on the Flash Sale before. I think we're bound to get a few repeats, probably of the more popular ones.
Don't think so.

It was on Community Choice on Day 1, a Daily Deal on Day 5, and one of the Flash Sales on Day 7 though, so it has been around a lot.

At least that's according to this thread on the Steam forums which looks accurate enough.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: July 19, 2012, 02:19:23 am »

So Fable 3, is it worth it? The pack contains I & III as well as some misc dlc for III and seems pretty decent for the price but I remember hearing bad things about it on release. I had some fun with the first one and for the price I think it would be worth it for me as long as the third one stays true enough to the series. So just a few quick questions to anyone who has played it. Can you still buy properties? Is the economy any better in regards to supply and demand on a micro/macro level? How would you rate it as an rpg (caharcter development, loot, story)? I dont mind a simple, fun hack&slash every now and then to pass the time but more important to me than fancy graphics is an enjoyable environment to play in.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: July 19, 2012, 02:51:33 am »

I bought the Fable package on a limb mostly because I wanted to play Fable 1 and having 2 and 3 thrown in for good measure. I should have read the package, no second game and Fable 3 uses BOTH securom and GFWL. Never installing 3 then unless I find some hacks to remove that crap. 
The lesson here is to always read what your buying, even if it's extremely cheap. Nobody's fault but my own though. Shame I ended up supporting a company that uses DRM though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:56:43 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:07 am »

Why would you ever include 1 and 3 but not 2?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: July 19, 2012, 03:36:10 am »

That was my logic behind it. That said I have no idea if Fable 2 ever came to PC. Chances are it didn't, which would explain why it wasn't included ... that and not being on Steam.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:44:53 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: July 19, 2012, 03:37:54 am »

So Fable 3, is it worth it? The pack contains I & III as well as some misc dlc for III and seems pretty decent for the price but I remember hearing bad things about it on release. I had some fun with the first one and for the price I think it would be worth it for me as long as the third one stays true enough to the series. So just a few quick questions to anyone who has played it. Can you still buy properties? Is the economy any better in regards to supply and demand on a micro/macro level? How would you rate it as an rpg (caharcter development, loot, story)? I dont mind a simple, fun hack&slash every now and then to pass the time but more important to me than fancy graphics is an enjoyable environment to play in.
You can buy properties, but houses decay and thus require constant repairing, which sort of ruins the whole buy everything everywhere approach. It's not too bad if you only own a few places, especially if those places are all in one location, and shops do not suffer this issue and make you more money anyway.

I have no idea how the economy works.

I liked the characterization and story, not that there was a huge amount of either. I never saw them as weak points in the game, but I wouldn't recommend it for that, if that tells you anything. It's just that it's a game about marrying peasants and getting flattened by balverines, not a game about following the adventures of whatshisname or uncovering the ancient conspiracy of whatsitsface.

Loot is... interesting. Most loot is of the Useless Garbage variety, which is still alright if you like hoarding shinies or don't mind a bag of piddling gold now and then. Food and drink are no longer hoardable- you can only have one "food"/cheap potion type at a time, and I think there's a limit on how many of those you can carry.

Clothing is completely cosmetic but decently customizable- there's 5 or 6 slots (boots gloves pants etc), a decent variety of sets, you can dye primary or secondary colorations (usually meaning main thing or trim, or similar), there's a fair selection of dyes, and you can alter the darkness of the dyes you use, so if you want a hot pink hat with deep blue highlights you can probably do that. Only downside, other than obvious questions like "why not just let us alter the RBG values?", is that there's only room for three costume sets, so you can't have that many hideously complex, lovingly crafted party gowns or whatever ready to go at a moment's notice.

Weapons are where things get really interesting, though. Each weapon has three slots for special abilities; I think your starting/base weapons do this a bit differently, basically upgrading on their own in various ways they don't tell you about. But for everything else, you've got three special abilities and unlock conditions for each; like, say, extra damage vs bandits by killing 250 humanoids with said weapon. I wasn't fond of it as opposed to socketing things and tiers and such at first, but given how much of Fable II devolved into finding a slotted Masterwork weapon with your choice of enchant in it, I'm forced to admit it makes weapons more interesting rather than less.

All in all I can recommend it, though I will say that the world does feel pretty barren once you start running out of quests.

and Fable 3 uses BOTH securom and GFWL.
This I can't comment on, though. Eugh.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: July 19, 2012, 04:18:13 am »

In my opinion: Fable 2 was better than 3. Never played 1. Never played them on PC, only on XBox, so I don't know how the PC versions were.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: July 19, 2012, 05:07:14 am »

And 1 was vastly superior to 2 IMO.  Clothing/armour actually mattering was a good thing.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: July 19, 2012, 05:40:00 am »

If I had been the one choosing names for the Fable series.

Fable 1: Running down linear paths edition.

Fable 2: The I didn't play this one cut.

Fable 3: Menu and loading screen simulator.

I don't know, when I played one and three I could feel that there was a good idea behind them, they just did not execute. I had bought into the hype and got Molyneuxed again so I guess I only have myself to blame.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:50:38 am by Aptus »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3374 on: July 19, 2012, 05:43:45 am »

I played all three games from beginning to end and enjoyed them enough that I didn't feel like I'd been cheated. I bought them all on sale and had fun with them.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 1135