Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462542 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3315 on: July 18, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »

Rome is considered by some the best or one of the best Total Wars released. Personally I'd have a tossup between Rome and Medieval 2. And of course, there are quite the number of awesome mods for it.

Stalker is 75% as is the Thief series. Is stalker worth it? And on the thief series, I've heard that some of them are awesome, others not so much. Which are which?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:03 pm »

Rome is considered by some the best or one of the best Total Wars released. Personally I'd have a tossup between Rome and Medieval 2. And of course, there are quite the number of awesome mods for it.

Stalker is 75% as is the Thief series. Is stalker worth it? And on the thief series, I've heard that some of them are awesome, others not so much. Which are which?

Oh wait I have medieval 2, not 1, but, stalker is the best thing to ever exist if you enjoy Sci-Fi/Horror. All 3 are amazing in their own ways, but clear sky is general considered the lesser of the 3.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: July 18, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »

Stalker is definitely worth if you want a very difficult FPS with an open style world. It's not the type of game where you run and gun through everything while soaking up bullets.

And all the Thief games are good, but 1 and 2 stand out as being the best. While 3 is a good game in it's own right some things got jiggered around when they upgraded the engine, such as levels not being one continuous thing anymore.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: July 18, 2012, 02:23:59 pm »

If you like the other Total War games, you'll like Rome. Rome 2 isn't coming out until ??/??/2013, so you should have plenty of time to enjoy it.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3319 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:55 pm »

I just got a copy of  Bastion, might get another copy, anyone know if it is a kid friendly game?

I was also eying the carpe fulgar series, is that also kid friendly?

Niece is 13, nephew is 8 or 9.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: July 18, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »

The niece could most certainly play it, but it might get too hard or intense for an 8-9 year old. If you'd like to get the nephew a good game at the same price that he could definitely enjoy, look into Stacking.

No idea about Carp Flinger or whatever that's called.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:25 pm »

I just got a copy of  Bastion, might get another copy, anyone know if it is a kid friendly game?

I was also eying the carpe fulgar series, is that also kid friendly?

Niece is 13, nephew is 8 or 9.
Recettear is kid friendly and adorable, I'd assume the others are the same.

(There's like, two suggestive jokes in the whole thing, and no violence beyond the dungeon crawling. One character does mention cutting throats, but she's not serious.)

Recettear might be a bit difficult, but when you lose you just respawn with all your stuff to try again so that shouldn't be too frustrating. Dungeon losses are a bit worse, but nothing major.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: July 18, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »

I just got a copy of Bastion, might get another copy, anyone know if it is a kid friendly game?

Bastion's kid-friendly in the sense it doesn't really have sexual or explicit violent content. Having said that, you ARE tromping through a dead world and it's action-based, so you're also walking attacking various plants, animals and humanoids. There is an ultimate goal though, which is hopeful for the future though. Some of the thematic subtleties might go over their head though.

As far as difficulty goes, I want to say there's about 10 settings you can turn on and off at will once they're unlocked [all of which give multipliers, so there's a point to it as well] that increase the challenge, like faster monster reactions, they can block, more hp, etc.

All in all, I personally would say the content is not objectionable, but they're probably a bit young to fully appreciate it. However, I find that I tend to have more liberal standards than most people.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3323 on: July 18, 2012, 03:12:35 pm »

I found Recettear to be a dull grind, with some decent dialogue. Not worth the coin I say. Too slow paced, too unrewarding. King of Dragon Pass (1999) is much better if want a slow paced, text-heavy RPG.

*goes to buy Stalker bundle* (bought Tropico 4 earlier)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:20:56 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: July 18, 2012, 03:37:28 pm »

Saint's Row 3 is 75% off. Is it worth it? I remember people saying that the second was one of the most terrible ports ever, so I'm somewhat wary of the third.
i can't say if it is worth it or not, but fyi sr3 (the base game) will be discounted to $9.99 on amazon starting tomorrow

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: July 18, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

Saint's Row 3 is 75% off. Is it worth it? I remember people saying that the second was one of the most terrible ports ever, so I'm somewhat wary of the third.
i can't say if it is worth it or not, but fyi sr3 (the base game) will be discounted to $9.99 on amazon starting tomorrow
Where does one acquire such information?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: July 18, 2012, 04:10:38 pm »

He's from the future.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: July 18, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

He's from the future.
I knew i would be attracting the amazon users from the future at some point :P

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 18, 2012, 04:43:58 pm »

Already bought it on Steam. And anyway, due to region restrictions I'm pretty sure I can't buy digital goods from Amazon. :(
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: July 18, 2012, 04:46:01 pm »

unfortunately no i'm not from the future

there is a rep from amazon that posts sale info on the cheapassgamer forums

And anyway, due to region restrictions I'm pretty sure I can't buy digital goods from Amazon
put in a US address and you are good to go, plenty of people do this
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:49:25 pm by TripJack »
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 1135