Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462528 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3300 on: July 18, 2012, 01:00:15 pm »

oh goodie guys now we've got great deals on quality games like age of empires online and the carpe fulgur series (whatever the fuck that is), plus bastion got the long awaited discount that we've all been praying for

truly an amazing sale
Are you dissing Recetter: an Item Shop Tale? I've been waiting for that shit homes.

Through chance i've gotten the other two over time, except from the item shop one.

Unless you were being sarcastic in talking about it, would you reccomend it?
Uhh... is that a joke? It's Recettear! The game where you control a little girl in order to extort outrageous sums of money from the populace!

Seriously, it's a good game if you're into sim/tycoon games. It also has some RPG parts of the game, but I haven't gotten far enough into that part to see where that leads. Overall, it's worth at least $5.

Vote for SimCity4. The others are terrible.

I own a hard copy of 4, but still. More people should own it.
How does it compare to previous Sim Ctiys?

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: July 18, 2012, 01:01:36 pm »

oh goodie guys now we've got great deals on quality games like age of empires online and the carpe fulgur series (whatever the fuck that is), plus bastion got the long awaited discount that we've all been praying for

truly an amazing sale
Are you dissing Recetter: an Item Shop Tale? I've been waiting for that shit homes.

Through chance i've gotten the other two over time, except from the item shop one.

Totally worth it. The game has a great sense of humor (Capitalism, HO!) and dungeon crawling is quite fun.

The only thing I dislike is the 20 item limit when it comes to adventuring. I simply cannot do 25 floors in one sitting clearing everything because I run out of space. I have to exit in the exit every 5 floors if I want a profit

Also, try to sell everything at around 107% ~ 115%, not 130%. If you sell things at th first try you get extra combo xp, and that thing grows exponentially.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »

truly an amazing sale

Totally worth it. The game has a great sense of humor (Capitalism, HO!) and dungeon crawling is quite fun.

The only thing I dislike is the 20 item limit when it comes to adventuring. I simply cannot do 25 floors in one sitting clearing everything because I run out of space. I have to exit in the exit every 5 floors if I want a profit

Also, try to sell everything at around 107% ~ 115%, not 130%. If you sell things at th first try you get extra combo xp, and that thing grows exponentially.
It gets up to about 30 items after a point.

Also, each person type has a range. The trader's guild guy will go up to 125%. The rich husband will go up to 125%. The housewife will go up to 115%. They're all sort of different, but you can figure out the range eventually. Little girl's and the whore fairy are low though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:20 pm »

How does it compare to previous Sim Citys?

With mods? I would say it lords over the franchise. An absolute in mods is the Network Addon.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:28 pm »

Looks like STALKER is having a franchise sale. I've played none of them, but I recall some bug issues and something else related to them that, at one point, I was going to wait and see if it got fixed.

So, were they patched up well? Is there mod support? Good times to be had by all?
I've not had many problems with SoC or CoP. The only bug I specifically remember is one (fairly small) room in CoP with a bunch of mutants inside that regenerate health insanely quickly unless you're inside the room. Of course, they have a range greater than the inside of the room. CS has a few bugs with its faction warfare system, notably that some bases won't have squads sent to capture them. I don't believe you actually need to use that system for much to complete the main story however. (I haven't actually finished any of the games after a combined 90 hours in them, although I am fairly close to finishing CoP but am slightly put off from progressing further due to the aforementioned room, so I'll probably just start again (again).) As for mods, SoC definitely has quite a few major ones, and CS also has a few but less so than SoC. No idea for CoP, but I haven't needed mods to enjoy any of the games.

Warning: the STALKER bundle costs more than all of the games individually, don't get the bundle.

IMO it's a lot better, and I believe does have all the systems of the other games, with much better graphics. And it has quite a huge amount of community support, with new buildings (both place-able and ones that grow natually) and overhaully stuff, such as the Network Addon Mod (which I highly recommend).

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:45 pm »

truly an amazing sale

I've put (checks Steam) 63.6 hrs into Recettear. It really is a great game. I've played through it a couple of times now, aiming towards 100% items and unlocking all the heroes for other game modes.

I think my only complaint would be that even when you're very high level your hero just can't hold all that many items, which means that you can't run your shop exclusively by dungeon crawlling. Other than that, it's all gravy. "Capitalism Ho!"

edit: Wow, you guys are fast. I guess I agree with ranter.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: July 18, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »

Fortune Summoners or Chatelise? Any recommendations?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #3307 on: July 18, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »

IMO it's a lot better, and I believe does have all the systems of the other games, with much better graphics. And it has quite a huge amount of community support, with new buildings (both place-able and ones that grow natually) and overhaully stuff, such as the Network Addon Mod (which I highly recommend).
Are there other addons that you would recommend? I tried it after who knows how many hours spent in Sim City 2000 back in the day and I just couldn't get into the base game.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:58 pm »

Saint's Row 3 is 75% off. Is it worth it? I remember people saying that the second was one of the most terrible ports ever, so I'm somewhat wary of the third.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: July 18, 2012, 02:07:49 pm »

So I just bought my niece a copy of Recettear, but I noticed a lot of the screenshots were in Japanese?  There is an English version I hope?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: July 18, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »

Fortune Summoners or Chatelise? Any recommendations?

Fourtune summoners is a great game as I stated a few days earlier.

SR3 is also really good.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: July 18, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »

So I just bought my niece a copy of Recettear, but I noticed a lot of the screenshots were in Japanese?  There is an English version I hope?
The game have been localized, and quite well I might add. Capitalism ho!
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: July 18, 2012, 02:12:02 pm »

Saint's Row 3 is 75% off. Is it worth it? I remember people saying that the second was one of the most terrible ports ever, so I'm somewhat wary of the third.

3 was a much better port, and they finally REALLY slammed their humor home. First game was more serious realistic in a way. 2 was like they tried too hard to be more un-serious in an awkward way. 3 is where they finally made their humor work VERY well. It's very worth it.

I have all all teh total wars and such except rome really. With rome 2 coming out, and owning all these other total wars including medieval and such, basically everything except rome and shogun 1, is it worth it?

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: July 18, 2012, 02:15:49 pm »

I liked Recettear as well.  It doesn't take itself too seriously, and it has just enough new content as you level up to keep the game from getting boring.  I bought it the first week at full price, and don't regret it.

I haven't tried Chantelise, but my understanding is that it's a generic small JRPG and doesn't have the quirks that made Recettear stand out.  I'm not interested in buying it.

I don't know hardly anything about Fortune Summoners.  Anyone have opinions?

Edit:

The voice acting is still in Japanese, though.  It's subtitled.  "Yatta!" (Did good!) became "Yayifications!"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:24:22 pm by 0x517A5D »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: July 18, 2012, 02:16:34 pm »

All three are localized.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1135