Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462497 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3270 on: July 17, 2012, 08:43:45 pm »

Why does everybody hate Sanctum?

Because it's bad!
(I just couldn't get into it and they started the nickel and diming DLC thing to boot).
It's really... laggy. Not sure why, but it is super sluggish.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: July 17, 2012, 09:04:08 pm »

Not for me. Then again, I automatically change most games that may or may not be recent's settings to low graphics (and to minimize shadows if at all possible). Works fine.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:08 pm »

Well to be fair when you have a gaming computer crafted by the Greek Pantheon, officially estimated at near-human self awareness, one generally finds it strange to have to turn down a whole bunch of settings when the computer in question laughs at the recommended settings.
Even more so when it's built off an extremely popular and up-to-date engine like Unreal.

That said I never got any slow downs that I can remember, so I can't bitch about that. The game did seem to be rather floaty and slow-paced, something you generally want to avoid in an "action tower defense game". I personally think going for map-packs in a co-op focused game is suicide, better to release a whole bunch of content in expansion packs so your multiplayer core isn't so divided. I never actually understood map-packs in any MP game.
I think the other problem with Sanctum is that it launched at what seemed like a bad time. There was a whole bunch of TDs on the market place, like the wonderful Orcs Must Die, Defence Grid and Dungeon Defenders. Dungeon Defenders already had a large fan-based due to it already being on mobile platforms.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: July 18, 2012, 12:39:41 am »

Just Cause 2 with all DLC is ~$6. Lowest it will be for a long while. It's a fun game to do stupid shit.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 18, 2012, 01:09:26 am »

Why does everybody hate Sanctum?
Because I already own it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: July 18, 2012, 01:45:45 am »

God damn it, I wanted Krater for the Community Choice...
DAMN YOU IF YOU CHOSE SANCTUM

I chose it, and then didn't buy it. Naturally, I can't be the only person to have chosen it because I didn't want either of the others, and then realized I had no really compelling reason to buy Sanctum either (Tower defense? Never fun. Watched the videos, how is that fun? Like shooting fish in a barrel...).

Also, why are they selling map packs? This isn't XBox Live. What's up with that?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: July 18, 2012, 05:34:25 am »

Should I buy Bioshock and Bioshock 2 or just the first one? Is the second one really so much worse?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3277 on: July 18, 2012, 05:57:19 am »

Should I buy Bioshock and Bioshock 2 or just the first one? Is the second one really so much worse?
I enjoyed both of them but YMMV. Its fun being a big daddy.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 18, 2012, 06:00:51 am »

The second one is not as good as the first, but it's alright. It's just so unbearably short and not that memorable plot-wise. From what I remember, though, the multiplayer was fairly fun.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #3279 on: July 18, 2012, 06:13:55 am »

Currently deciding between Just Cause 2 and eating this week. :D
Making Maia; a space colony management sim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3280 on: July 18, 2012, 06:18:17 am »

There's really no choice here, Just Cause 2 is ridiculous fun. Nothing is cooler than jumping out of a plane, freefalling a thousand feet and landing safely by grappling onto a truck, kicking out the driver and taking the wheel, getting it up to a good speed, leaping out onto the top, shooting up a government jeep, grappling a helicoptor, shooting the gunner and kicking out the pilot, using it to blow up a fuel depot, then jumping out as it crashes into a radar dish and grappling onto... you see where this is going.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #3281 on: July 18, 2012, 07:30:50 am »

I think you just sold me on it.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: July 18, 2012, 09:43:12 am »

Perhaps a bit late, but I enjoyed both as well. 2 was shorter and it lacked the impact you got from 1, just because you've been here before, but I found it more than worth a playthrough in its own right. I found it MUCH easier to hate 2's villain than 1's.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: July 18, 2012, 09:56:29 am »

There's really no choice here, Just Cause 2 is ridiculous fun. Nothing is cooler than jumping out of a plane, freefalling a thousand feet and landing safely by grappling onto a truck, kicking out the driver and taking the wheel, getting it up to a good speed, leaping out onto the top, shooting up a government jeep, grappling a helicoptor, shooting the gunner and kicking out the pilot, using it to blow up a fuel depot, then jumping out as it crashes into a radar dish and grappling onto... you see where this is going.
Agreed. Buy it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:22 am »

This isn't steam, but http://www.gog.com/news/gog_gem_promo_the_...s_the_witcher_2

It's 50% for an individual game but 66% for the pack.

But the best part? If you already own one of the games, you can still buy the bundle and they'll subtract the price of the game that you already own, while still applying the 66% off instead of the 50% off!
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 1135