Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462321 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3090 on: July 15, 2012, 05:41:02 am »

How long does it normally take for Steam to take money from your account when paying with direct debit? It's been 18 hours since I bought £20 of games and still nothing deducted from my account.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 15, 2012, 06:12:09 am »

Given that I got CKII, is there any reason that Civ V would be worth getting? (I got bored with Civ IV long ago)

Of course, CKII appears to be super-complex and all I've done so far in it is create an initial character and then realize I can't speech people into swearing fealty to me at the beginning of the game just because I have a super-high diplomacy stat. (Well, I did appoint a council and look at the various menus)

Then I went back to Warlock until I had conquered 2 out of 3 other mages (the one survivor being an unambitious ally), cleansed another plane of all hostiles and monster spawning sites, trained a gold dragon (which cost 2000 gold) on that plane, and finally won by completing the Unity spell (which cost 5000 mana and took a hilariously long time to cast). I could have won by betraying my ally, but this was probably better. Assuming my victory does not deprive all magic-users of their magical powers; it's non-specific as to the repercussions besides that you become more powerful than the gods.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 15, 2012, 10:05:07 am »

If you enjoy Warlock you'll enjoy Civ V, since that's what Warlock is mostly modeled after. Civ is less magical and slightly more political, and has a pretty decent modding scene, so I'd say it's worth it.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 15, 2012, 10:20:21 am »

Batman: Arkham City + Gotham City Imposters + Arkham Asylum GOTY + all DLCs = $25

I just got it because it's cheaper than Arkham City's retail price, everything else is extra.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 15, 2012, 10:25:10 am »

I bought LA Noire, Arkham City and Arkham Asylum for a lovely price for £15 today.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:31 am »

i bought borderlands and i'm going to try to get some friends that already own it.

Still downloading tough :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: July 15, 2012, 11:21:51 am »

All on flash sales, community choice, or daily deals. Still waiting for the rest of the wishlist.

E: Forgot to add Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:23:42 am by RedWarrior0 »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 15, 2012, 11:39:21 am »

I'm glad I live in Germany for a few weeks and Steam decided to no longer accept my payments. There is lots of money to be saved :S

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 15, 2012, 11:39:57 am »

People. Keep track of Humble Bundles. Most of the Indie sales have been in bundles in the past. You can download them DRM free, with or without Steam, and you can give every penny to the devs if you want. You also get Linux and Mac versions.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 15, 2012, 11:41:27 am »

How long does it normally take for Steam to take money from your account when paying with direct debit? It's been 18 hours since I bought £20 of games and still nothing deducted from my account.

It's the weekend.  Your financial institute might well delay international EFT.  (Unless Valve has a clearinghouse for the U.K., which I've never heard about.)

Q's on the Arkham games:

The core game is third person hand-to-hand, right?  How much of the game is exploration?  How much is puzzle solving?  Is the DLC actually worth it?  That's a tempting discount, but I do not care about GC Imposters.

Never mind.  I have 15 minutes left on the flash sale, which is not enough time to research, ponder it, and make a good decision.  I won't let myself fall into the 'hurry up and buy' trap.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:49:16 am by 0x517A5D »

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: July 15, 2012, 12:12:27 pm »

New daily sales are up! Check them out, everyone.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21:59 pm »

Hmm M&B series on daily deal, I should really buy Warband considering the hours I've put into the err... 'Demo'

Unfortunately the funds I've reserved for the sale aren't enough to throw Napoleonic Wars on top of it, but eh.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:29:00 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: July 15, 2012, 12:34:32 pm »

ugh, steam randomly decides that my downloads have to be paused.
Borderlands could already have been at 66% or more, but then steam randomly paused it.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: July 15, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

ugh, steam randomly decides that my downloads have to be paused.
Borderlands could already have been at 66% or more, but then steam randomly paused it.
Then unpause it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: July 15, 2012, 12:51:25 pm »

Yeah, but i only noticed after a 30 minute session of bastion and a 45 minute session of the unnamed russian game.

Add to that that my brother is playing roblox and that i cant stop browsing the internet, wich slows downloading down alot.
I kinda wish the download would take priority over roblox, so he would stop playing it due to lag :x

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1135