Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462311 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3075 on: July 15, 2012, 12:28:34 am »

Can anyone do a favour for me???

I want Civ V Gods and Kings, it would cost me $37.99. Apparently it costs $25 for Americans...

Add me on Steam?  Same username, avatar is the character from Journey.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 15, 2012, 12:32:12 am »

My summer sale purchase list so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 15, 2012, 01:26:12 am »

RE:BATMAN,
Taking a look at the deal you were talking about rutsber, you're probably better off just buying Arkham Asylum + City rather than the Franchise pack. The pack deal's "savings" are inflated by adding Batman Gotham City Imposters + loads of DLC, and that game is supposed to be pretty damn bad.

My purchase list so far:
Poker Night at the Inventory
Sega Genesis Classics V

I am being frugal.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 15, 2012, 01:29:56 am »

So far I only bought the Saint's Row Franchise pack, but then I already have the other stuff they offered that I would have really wanted.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 15, 2012, 02:16:33 am »

I was fairly tempted by the Saints Row package, but I've pretty much stopped playing first person shooters, so I decided to stop buying them.

Amnesia, Assassin's Creed, all three Battlefields, Bioshock 1&2, Bulletstorm, Call of Juarez 1, Company of Heroes+DLC, Crysis+DLC, Day of Defeat, Deus Ex 2, DOOM 3, Far Cry 1&2, FEAR EP & PM, FEAR 2, Frontlines, Full Spectrum Warrior+DLC.

All owned.  Some downloaded, ready to fire up.  None played.  And that's just A through F.  Yeah, I need to stop.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 15, 2012, 02:19:19 am »

A fair few of those are not FPS games.  Neither is Saints Row.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 15, 2012, 02:20:43 am »

Saints Row isn't technically First Person Shooter though  :-\
Nor is AssCreed or Company of Heroes.

EDIT: Ninjas.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 15, 2012, 02:31:21 am »

RE:BATMAN,
Taking a look at the deal you were talking about rutsber, you're probably better off just buying Arkham Asylum + City rather than the Franchise pack. The pack deal's "savings" are inflated by adding Batman Gotham City Imposters + loads of DLC, and that game is supposed to be pretty damn bad.
If you want the DLC for Arkham City, it's actually more expensive to buy all of that than the pack. Oddly enough.

My purchase list so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have something around ten bucks, so I'm holding out 'til the end. Or until Recettear is on sale further.
If I had more money, I'd probably have bought several games that I don't care too much about but would interest me for a short while and provide some entertainment. All considered, I'm not really much worse off being without funds.

Saints Row isn't technically First Person Shooter though  :-\
Nor is AssCreed or Company of Heroes.
I heard Assassin's Creed 4 is going to be a FPS for most of the combat, with 3rd person used mainly for free-running sequences and dialogue.
Except I didn't. It's entirely believable, though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 15, 2012, 03:37:40 am »

Isn't Civ 5 a Steamworks game which means you can ONLY activate it on Steam?

Yup. I actually bought it at the store so that it wouldn't HAVE to be on Steam, but nope, can't play unless you install Steam. I can't remember, but I think it downloaded from Steam as well, making the disk...a CD key, essentially?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 15, 2012, 04:00:18 am »

Would it be out of line to ask you fine, handsome folks to vote for Legend of Grimrock, should you have no greater preference? It looks like fun, and the cheaper, the better I always say.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 15, 2012, 04:03:43 am »

Would it be out of line to ask you fine, handsome folks to vote for Legend of Grimrock, should you have no greater preference? It looks like fun, and the cheaper, the better I always say.
I did earlier, because I enjoyed it, and hope others will as well. It also had the greatest discount.  :D
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 15, 2012, 04:03:58 am »

As I saw someone asking after it earlier, the batman franchise pack is up on the flash sales for the next 8 hours at 81% off, the individual parts are 66% off. The Civiliation pack containing all of civ 3, 4 and 5 + dlc's is at 75% off, as are all of the seperate parts for the next 6 hours.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #3087 on: July 15, 2012, 04:10:24 am »

But no Gods & Kings.

If someone is new to civ I'd recommend Civ V + G&K over anything else.  (and maybe the korean and ancient wonders dlc)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 15, 2012, 04:20:14 am »

But no Gods & Kings.

If someone is new to civ I'd recommend Civ V + G&K over anything else.  (and maybe the korean and ancient wonders dlc)

I'd rather reccommend the Civ IV: Complete Edition which they can get for 6,24€ at the moment.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 15, 2012, 05:36:23 am »

Guys, I need a favour... there are some games that are subject to (AU) regional pricing and may be on flash deal. If any on them does go on sale, will any of you Americans be kind enough to gift it to me? I can pay the fund in advance/reimburse by PayPal.

Here's my profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Elsior/
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1135