Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462275 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3030 on: July 14, 2012, 03:40:13 pm »

That's a rather generalist statement. I played it with my girlfirend, my bestfriend and room mate and his girlfriend and we didn't really enjoy it that much. Just wasn't enough variety apart from "shoot the bullet sponge with a different coloured weapon". If Borderlands took the Serious Sam/Pain Killer route of instead of fighting the same enemies with tweaked health, have a wide variety of enemies that come in massive hordes so it actually felt like you and your weapons were getting more powerful it would've been a better game.

The world also felt way too flat. Boring grind missions more that would've been more welcomed in a MMORPG. The weapons, for all the developers talked about, didn't feel different from each other. Slightly changed stats isn't a choice to me, it's just pointless busy work.
The classes had balancing issues which basically came down to "if you're not playing the Siren you're doing it wrong". Vehicles seemed like a last minute addition and for the most part were actually more dangerous to ride in than going on foot.

tl;dr. Borderlands was an aRPG almost exactly like Diablo with a changed perceptive and a slightly shallower experience (if that's possible). If you enjoy that genre than you'll enjoy it. If you're anything like me you'll just find it grindy without any well substance to keep you going, the type of game you look back and ask: "why did I spend 6 hours playing this game?".

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: July 14, 2012, 03:57:34 pm »

Star Wars KotOR on sale for 2.49. Worth it.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3032 on: July 14, 2012, 04:33:06 pm »

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about Dungeons? I know it's not really the dungeon keeper remake/seuel that many were wanting it to be but is it decent in it's own right? At 66% off I'm considering getting it at the end of the sale if it hasn't popped up on a flash or daily sale.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3033 on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:15 pm »

Just going to throw in my negative recommendation for borderlands as well. It is fun for about an hour until you realize that you're doing the same thing over and over, and if you haven't been grinding for better equipment you will run into enemies which take several full ammo refills to bring down.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: July 14, 2012, 04:37:20 pm »

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about Dungeons? I know it's not really the dungeon keeper remake/seuel that many were wanting it to be but is it decent in it's own right? At 66% off I'm considering getting it at the end of the sale if it hasn't popped up on a flash or daily sale.

It's a good bit of fun, so long as you understand: it's a theme park game. Imagine a Roller Coaster Tycoon game where you eventually get to kill your guests.  :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3035 on: July 14, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »

I played the heck out of Borderlands - loved it, played alone and with the wife :) It's an action RPG in FPS form - no more, no less. You level up, get better skills, etc. And I got bored of Diablo-likes after Diablo 1, which I played a bunch of.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: July 14, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »

So I bought Dark Messiah because I heard people raving about the combat. I should have known I was going to have problems with it as soon as I saw the Ubisoft tag.
Getting massive speed-downs on Windows 7 and I've searched the internet and tried everything to fix it. It's pretty sad really. Turning on the inbuilt FPS meter you can watch the FPS drop from 100 to 5 in half a minute or so. Clearly a memory link or something.

Think this will be the first game on Steam I'll have to demand a refund on, completely uplayable.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: July 14, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »

Think this will be the first game on Steam I'll have to demand a refund on, completely uplayable.
Can you get refunds for Steam games? That would be nice. Like how I bought Bioshock, and the sound won't work.

By the way, I played Borderlands alone, and I know it would have been better with friends, but I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't have enjoyed it.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: July 14, 2012, 04:50:54 pm »

You can, regarding you have decent consumer protection laws in your country. National laws over ride any EULA.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: July 14, 2012, 04:56:07 pm »

Dark Messiah works perfectly well on my 5-year-old barely-upgraded Vista. Sounds like a problem with your system.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: July 14, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »

I've tried it on three different systems (albeit all running Windows 7) and the same problem occurs. Tried so far every single fix online I could find and nothing has worked. There seems to be a compatibility issue with Windows 7 with is odd considering it's on the Source engine which I haven't had an issue with at all.

One of these system is an unmodified dedicated gaming rig. I can assure you there's no problem with my system.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: July 14, 2012, 05:00:44 pm »

I played the dark messiah demo and it ran fine on my store bought Windows 7 Computer.
I just got the Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb.
I'll get HL2 if it wins the vote.
Then I'll wrap things up with F.O New Vegas.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3042 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:27 pm »

Dark Messiah works fine for me as well.

You won't be disappointed with F.O. New Vegas!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: July 14, 2012, 05:04:51 pm »

Dark Messiah works fine for me as well.

You won't be disappointed with F.O. New Vegas!
I'm debating getting New Vegas now, or waiting on a flash sale/daily deal/end or the end of summer price orgy.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: July 14, 2012, 05:07:38 pm »

I'd be willing to bet that Fallout will have a daily sale/flash sale due to it's popularity so you might be best to consider waiting. Always wait for the daily deal unless the product is already 75%+ off. 
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 1135