Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462218 times)

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2970 on: July 13, 2012, 02:48:05 pm »

I played a fair bit of Tribes: Ascend before it went on steam, and are tempted by the steam starter pack (even though I already have the spinfuser, unlocked I think every class and VIP XP) but don't how I'd link up profiles or anything, has anyone done that?

Space Marine is kind of tempting at a fiver, but multiplayer map dlcs when I hear the multiplayer is still fairly active seems like a good idea, but then it's £8.20, and only £1.80 more for all dlcs. It's been a recurring theme this sale, thinking games seem a good deal but seem slightly too much with dlcs. Maybe it's a bit illogical but it's happening. With enough games I've already got unplayed on steam I can't really complain about anything stopping me buying more.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2971 on: July 13, 2012, 02:49:34 pm »

It makes sense for all the things to be linked on an account serverside, so that it doesn't matter where you log in from, but maybe not!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 13, 2012, 02:50:19 pm »

Space Marine multiplayer might be active, but its fragmented to pieces from all the map dlcs if my friend is right.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 13, 2012, 03:21:38 pm »

Does the DLC for space marine only effect multiplayer? I'm only really interested in single player as I have enough online shooters to play already.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: July 13, 2012, 03:24:47 pm »

Pretty sure theres a couple skins for golden chainsword or something about, if you want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2975 on: July 13, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »

It makes sense for all the things to be linked on an account serverside, so that it doesn't matter where you log in from, but maybe not!

But my account for Tribes and for steam are not linked in any way, and I don't know how to change that without redownloading 4 GB I already have. Apparently you can get the starter pack if you bought it by running tribes through steam as a non-steam game, through I'm not sure how that works.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 13, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »

Might want to ask about that on the Steam/Tribes forums, where there will be more people to answer your questions :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 13, 2012, 05:17:22 pm »

Mhhh Anno 2070 or Tropico 4?

I only have time for one of them and I can't choose...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 13, 2012, 05:20:48 pm »

I was waiting on Tropico 4 to see if it went even more on sale, myself. I heard bad things about Anno's DRM...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: July 13, 2012, 05:22:57 pm »

I played a fair bit of Tribes: Ascend before it went on steam, and are tempted by the steam starter pack (even though I already have the spinfuser, unlocked I think every class and VIP XP) but don't how I'd link up profiles or anything, has anyone done that?

I uninstalled TA and then reinstalled it using steam. Even thought you launch the game through steam you still log in using your Hi-rez account thingy.

I don't even know if uninstalling is necessary. You could try creating a folder in your steamapps/common folder named "tribes" and move all your TA files over there, then trying to install through steam and see what it does, but I have no idea if that would have bad consequences or not.

Once you've gotten the pack I think you might be able to uninstall it from steam and reinstall normally since the items are linked to your hi-rez account... I think.

EDIT: Quick google searches
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/75676/activate-tribes-ascend-starter-pack-bought-on-steam

http://www.ascendforums.com/topic/515-already-have-ta-can-i-get-the-steam-starter-pack/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:27:12 pm by OzyTheSage »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2980 on: July 13, 2012, 05:28:05 pm »

If you are missing any parts of the halflife series now would be the time to get them. The series complete pack and all parts are at 75% off on a flash sale for the next 4 hours.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: July 13, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »

The only parts I'm missing are Blue Shift and Opposing Force. Are they worth it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: July 13, 2012, 05:33:02 pm »

Dark Messiah? I wonder if anyone ever plays that multi player any more. It was actually pretty fun back in the day. Probably worth 4 bucks... good over the top single player action too.

Is this a different game that I had played back then? (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?) I don't recall anything at all about over the top action. The game I remember was basically a bad Bioshock in a fantasy setting: some options for character development in terms of brute force/stealth/spell (and an extremely limited spell selection at that) and every level was small-ish rooms and corridors, virtually no exploration at all.

I vaguely recall fighting an ogre or cyclops at one point, having to use a castle's ballistae in the fight, and the end boss was a bone dragon that was ridiculously easy. The game lasted 6, maybe 10 hours.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2983 on: July 13, 2012, 05:38:13 pm »

The only parts I'm missing are Blue Shift and Opposing Force. Are they worth it?

I've always thought so, even if just to see a different viewpoint of black mesa. Opposing force is a more complete story and has new content from the original.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: July 13, 2012, 05:39:48 pm »

Max pain 3 require 29 gig of hard drive. What... what did they put in there?!?
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1135