Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462194 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2940 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:03 pm »

All I know of the first one is that it looked almost perfectly exactly identical between the PSP version my friend had and the Wii one we had at one point.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: July 12, 2012, 11:12:02 pm »

Just bought Warlock anyways, since I heard that it will be getting multiplayer.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: July 12, 2012, 11:49:37 pm »

Recettear is definitely a purchase for me. Not very interested in Chantelise and Fortune Summoners, though. Just tried a demo of the latter, and wasn't too impressed. Especially with its lack of direction.

Fortune Summoners is an awesome game in a genre full of total crap.  I am speaking of the genre in which side-scrolling meets 2d fighter often cursed with mortal kombats and similar crap.  FS however is utterly fantastic in its game play.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: July 12, 2012, 11:52:10 pm »

Recettear is definitely a purchase for me. Not very interested in Chantelise and Fortune Summoners, though. Just tried a demo of the latter, and wasn't too impressed. Especially with its lack of direction.
Fortune Summoners is an awesome game in a genre full of total crap.  I am speaking of the genre in which side-scrolling meets 2d fighter often cursed with mortal kombats and similar crap.  FS however is utterly fantastic in its game play.
Combat seemed kind of clunky. Does it improve past the beginning, when you have a sword and a few attacks?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: July 13, 2012, 12:08:34 am »

Dark Messiah? I wonder if anyone ever plays that multi player any more. It was actually pretty fun back in the day. Probably worth 4 bucks... good over the top single player action too.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: July 13, 2012, 12:23:01 am »

Combat seemed kind of clunky. Does it improve past the beginning, when you have a sword and a few attacks?

Yes it vastly improves.

http://youtu.be/IYI0Y9ETruI

I personally like the reverse ground spin but this vid sadly does not show it. 
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: July 13, 2012, 12:34:06 am »

That... does look interesting.
I dunno. Maybe I'll flip a coin or something, if the price doesn't go down. Still not decided. Because Chantelise is pretty dull, from what I remember of the demo. Maybe it's better with a gamepad; doesn't matter, as I don't have one.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:17 am »

Ah A Bards Tale. I would only buy it for the Music these days, I finished it when I had a copy for the PS2. I was pissed off a while ago, bought the Warlock stuff when it was 60 or so % off and half an hour later it goes onto the Flash Sales at around 70% off. Ah well. Its Bad luck to be You...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: July 13, 2012, 02:11:13 am »

Trine 2 is very cheap (75% off) for a short time (less than eight hours left, as usual). Just in time for US people sleeping, getting up, and going about their days, missing the sale.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: July 13, 2012, 02:17:38 am »

Currently only looking at Ys The Oath in Felghana. It looks like a fun hack-n-slash, and I can probably run it on my system. I was also looking at Legend of Grimrock, but I decided against it when I saw the requirements. Ugh, and I wanted that game too.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: July 13, 2012, 02:20:04 am »

Trine 2 acquired. Now I can sleep.

By the way Dungeons of Dredmor is $3 with its expansion. Definitely worth it if you don't have it already.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: July 13, 2012, 02:25:55 am »

Has anyone played the Ys games, and can give me an impression?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: July 13, 2012, 02:53:46 am »

Impression of Ys?

You run into things. The solution to everything is to run into them. No I'm not joking.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: July 13, 2012, 02:54:57 am »

Requesting second opinion on Ys. Is running into things fun?

I'll also chip in another recommendation of Fortune Summoners. It's a greatly charming, very unique game, a mixture of sidescroller, 2D fighter and classic RPG - it sometimes reminds me of Maple Story, except without all the bad and a lot of good (thus, this game is what Maple Story should have been, in singleplayer). There's three different characters with three different playstyles (Warrior, Cleric, Mage), and you sometimes have to coordinate them all for some Lost Vikings-esque puzzles - but most of the time, you pick one character, and the AI controls the others. Don't worry, this game has some seriously good AI.
The main thing that drives me nuts is that there is no coop mode, the game was almost made for it. Difficulty balance is also wonky, each dungeon tends to have at least one monster that gives you serious problems but most of the bosses are almost too easy. (There's one or two noteworthy exceptions.) Abusing MP restoratives might just break the game. Also, the game's story ends on a cliffhanger, and the game itself has nearly zero replayability. It perhaps is a bit too cutesy for you too...
I still had an absolute blast throughout the entire game. I wish there were more like it.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2954 on: July 13, 2012, 11:26:24 am »

Trine 2 acquired. Now I can sleep.

By the way Dungeons of Dredmor is $3 with its expansion. Definitely worth it if you don't have it already.

I now have something else to buy for my niece/nephew.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1135