Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462174 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2925 on: July 12, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »

Is Warlock: Master of the Arcane worth it? I enjoyed the Age of Wonders games but not so much Civ 5 (which I hear Warlock is heavily based off).  It's currently a "flash sale" for $6.79.

Dumb Question: Do we know what the badges do and if they'll be adding more?
I assuming it's one of those meta things that a whole bunch of websites use. Really just a way to show off e-penis.

Based on the demo, you're still better of just playing Master of Magic in spite of its age.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:57 pm »

Is Warlock: Master of the Arcane worth it? I enjoyed the Age of Wonders games but not so much Civ 5 (which I hear Warlock is heavily based off).  It's currently a "flash sale" for $6.79.

I assuming it's one of those meta things that a whole bunch of websites use. Really just a way to show off e-penis.

Based on the demo, you're still better of just playing Master of Magic in spite of its age.

Warlock was a ton of fun. There were a few game breaking units but over all I really enjoyed it.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:38 pm »

Hidden Gems of 2012 Summer Sale

[Gripe] An alpha-sorted list of 133 games can't really be called 'Hidden Gems'.  A ranked list of fifteen to twenty games could, as could multiple lists of ten in various categories. [/Gripe]

Seriously, I looked at that list, and my eyes just glazed over.  Then I pressed PageDn, and saw the 60% and 50% lists.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: July 12, 2012, 09:39:46 pm »

I picked up Bunch of Heroes for all of $1.63. It's an amusing little survival shooter if you're not looking to spend too much. Haven't tried online play yet, though. Thoughts?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: July 12, 2012, 09:40:01 pm »

Master of Magic tends to have a substantial chance of crashing and leaving you unable to continue (presumably being out of memory) before the game ends unless you rush all your foes in the beginning and win early.

AoW : Shadow Magic doesn't.

I was starting to think that Warlock sounded like it might be fun, and then I remembered I could just play Shadow Magic, and realized that Warlock had no multiplayer (not that I've played Shadow Magic multiplayer yet).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: July 12, 2012, 09:41:00 pm »

Here is a good site for tracking down things that are on sale:

http://www.steamgamesales.com/

Limit it to Steam, set the price maximum to 30 dollars and then sort by % off.  Then have fun browsing around for games that you might find fun but are sort of hidden away.

I was starting to think that Warlock sounded like it might be fun, and then I remembered I could just play Shadow Magic, and realized that Warlock had no multiplayer (not that I've played Shadow Magic multiplayer yet).

I think Warlock is actually getting multiplayer in the next few weeks.  A little bit of a review is here.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:42:39 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: July 12, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »

Hidden Gems of 2012 Summer Sale

[Gripe] An alpha-sorted list of 133 games can't really be called 'Hidden Gems'.  A ranked list of fifteen to twenty games could, as could multiple lists of ten in various categories. [/Gripe]

Seriously, I looked at that list, and my eyes just glazed over.  Then I pressed PageDn, and saw the 60% and 50% lists.

It would be far more useful to have an alternate way of seeing Steam sales, since Steam doesn't let you sort sales by the discount %...

Now, if there was such list... and it was dynamically updated... and had previews and links to Steam and...

Hey look what I found 8) http://www.steamgamesales.com/
Actually, pretty cool, I just found about it.

Also, Broken Sword Trilogy for $2.50. (weren't there 4 games?)

EDIT: Ack, ninja'd.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:12:43 pm by Sergius »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: July 12, 2012, 10:10:45 pm »

Did you find it a post above you?  :P
It's by the same guy who did the steamgifts site.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: July 12, 2012, 10:16:39 pm »

Did you find it a post above you?  :P
It's by the same guy who did the steamgifts site.

No, actually I started posting a while ago, then I got waylaid by my mother on the phone for almost an hour before I could hit submit :P

Currently nothing, but there's been speculation that they might do something in the future. No clue on more.

It's basically limited but has its strong points. The Civ 5 thing is accurate in how it tends to look, how terrain differs, and in how units attack/defend/move/level up. It's AoW-like in that there's three resources (gold, mana, food) for casting, upkeep, buying units in the first place, etc, you research spells one by one in order to cast them, cities grow on their own inscrutable timeframe rather than something obvious like food (though lack of food does apply a penalty), and a fair amount of the game is attacking monster lairs and getting ambushed by spiders for exp and loot.

Is it more like MoM than AoW? Because I got AoW under the false pretense that it was some sort of spiritual successor to MoM, but then I found it was WAY more like HoM&M... which I detest because of the absurdly long turns and walking distances per turn and all those ruins and mines and stuff you have to claim in a single turn :P

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: July 12, 2012, 10:25:26 pm »

Recettear is definitely a purchase for me. Not very interested in Chantelise and Fortune Summoners, though. Just tried a demo of the latter, and wasn't too impressed. Especially with its lack of direction.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: July 12, 2012, 10:32:05 pm »

Apparently Still Life 2 rocks, I checked a few reviews. The bundle with 1 is like $3.something.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: July 12, 2012, 10:34:37 pm »

Anyway, anyone try out Back to the Future? Currently on Flash Sale for 75% off. I heard it was good, but I wonder if anyone actually played it, or any other Telltale game?

I bought the entire bundle about a year ago. I really really liked it. Even though it was a typical point&click adventure (or walk and rotate... don't remember), it felt very action-y at times, even though there wasn't any time limit in the "action" scenes, just a sense of urgency.

If you liked the movies it'll probably bring back memories.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: July 12, 2012, 10:44:10 pm »

It's basically limited but has its strong points. The Civ 5 thing is accurate in how it tends to look, how terrain differs, and in how units attack/defend/move/level up. It's AoW-like in that there's three resources (gold, mana, food) for casting, upkeep, buying units in the first place, etc, you research spells one by one in order to cast them, cities grow on their own inscrutable timeframe rather than something obvious like food (though lack of food does apply a penalty), and a fair amount of the game is attacking monster lairs and getting ambushed by spiders for exp and loot.

Is it more like MoM than AoW? Because I got AoW under the false pretense that it was some sort of spiritual successor to MoM, but then I found it was WAY more like HoM&M... which I detest because of the absurdly long turns and walking distances per turn and all those ruins and mines and stuff you have to claim in a single turn :P[/quote]
Not familiar with MoM, sorry.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: July 12, 2012, 10:48:17 pm »

Master of Magic.

Or, Master of Mana, the Civ IV: BTS: FFH2 modmod.
Or, Merchant of Menace, the forumite.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: July 12, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »

Master of Magic.

Anyway, Force Unleashed I and II is on flash sale for 75% for the next 11 hours. Are they any good?

EDIT: Oh well... here's the list I purchased so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:00:48 pm by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1135