Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462156 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2910 on: July 12, 2012, 06:32:00 pm »

Is it any good though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 12, 2012, 06:39:02 pm »

So it seems to be working normally now.

Is it worth the 12$ more to get the Saint's Row DLCs?
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 12, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »

the DLC is fun but not very long. Maybe 2 hrs each? Prof Genki is seriously fun though. That only applies to Space, Clones and Genkibowl. Everything else is just added vehicles and weapons.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:42:17 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: July 12, 2012, 07:00:01 pm »

Dumb Question: Do we know what the badges do and if they'll be adding more?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 12, 2012, 07:00:41 pm »

the DLC is fun but not very long. Maybe 2 hrs each? Prof Genki is seriously fun though. That only applies to Space, Clones and Genkibowl. Everything else is just added vehicles and weapons.

Thanks man I appreciate the advice.  I'm gonna get em.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2915 on: July 12, 2012, 07:04:39 pm »

Thanks man I appreciate the advice.  I'm gonna get em.
Same here, but I'm now kicking myself for getting the game first sans expansions. For the whole pack you get it and the additional DLC, but do what I did and get the base game first, and for the same value you only get those 3 and 1 DLC.

Oh well, nothing big lost.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: July 12, 2012, 07:11:19 pm »

Hidden Gems of 2012 Summer Sale
Thanks for that.
The Penumbra series is amazing at its current price, especially if you like horror and puzzles.

Anyone have an opinion on this bundle? I've been mildly interested in the games, but it seems a bit much considering that I don't know if I'll be playing them long.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 12, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »

Hidden Gems of 2012 Summer Sale
Thanks for that.
The Penumbra series is amazing at its current price, especially if you like horror and puzzles.

Anyone have an opinion on this bundle? I've been mildly interested in the games, but it seems a bit much considering that I don't know if I'll be playing them long.

BUY IT

Fortune Summoners and Recetear are worth it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 12, 2012, 07:40:14 pm »

I'd wait to see if there ends up being a better sale on top of that one. After all, the bundle sales last until the end of the entire thing.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2919 on: July 12, 2012, 07:49:51 pm »

You know what I hate? you can't buy a 4 pack of a title as gifts if you already own it.

Any way, I am picking up a couple copies of terraria to give my niece and nephew.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 12, 2012, 08:03:24 pm »

Is Warlock: Master of the Arcane worth it? I enjoyed the Age of Wonders games but not so much Civ 5 (which I hear Warlock is heavily based off).  It's currently a "flash sale" for $6.79.

I assuming it's one of those meta things that a whole bunch of websites use. Really just a way to show off e-penis.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:05:04 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 12, 2012, 08:08:33 pm »

Is Warlock: Master of the Arcane worth it? I enjoyed the Age of Wonders games but not so much Civ 5 (which I hear Warlock is heavily based off).  It's currently a "flash sale" for $6.79.

warlock is more based off of master of magic im pretty sure.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2922 on: July 12, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

What a shame. At least the last Summer Camp Treasure Hunt and the Christmas Challenge at least yielded a chance to win a sweepstakes or a coupon for a cheaper or free game, and depending on the challenge given, a feeling of accomplishment if it was truly a tough one (like the Super Meat Boy Hell challenge; ugh, that was ugly, but awesome to pull off).

Anyway, anyone try out Back to the Future? Currently on Flash Sale for 75% off. I heard it was good, but I wonder if anyone actually played it, or any other Telltale game?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 12, 2012, 08:11:51 pm »

You know what I hate? you can't buy a 4 pack of a title as gifts if you already own it.
I think the thought is that if you buy three for your friends, you get one free for yourself.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: July 12, 2012, 08:18:07 pm »

Currently nothing, but there's been speculation that they might do something in the future. No clue on more.

Depends, as always, on how much you value $6.79.

It's basically limited but has its strong points. The Civ 5 thing is accurate in how it tends to look, how terrain differs, and in how units attack/defend/move/level up. It's AoW-like in that there's three resources (gold, mana, food) for casting, upkeep, buying units in the first place, etc, you research spells one by one in order to cast them, cities grow on their own inscrutable timeframe rather than something obvious like food (though lack of food does apply a penalty), and a fair amount of the game is attacking monster lairs and getting ambushed by spiders for exp and loot.

So, I dunno. Depends on what you liked or disliked about each and what you're after, though I would generally consider it "alright" on the whole rather than especially good.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1135