Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462011 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2745 on: July 05, 2012, 02:57:16 am »

Rock of Ages is fun. Already delivered its moneys worth in one evening.

Edit: bit more elaboration: The setting (MontyPythonesque humor+animation) appeals to me, the gameplay is fun to do (it mixes karmageddon-racing+building destruction, 3d platformer, and tower defense). Rounds are a bit short, but the difficulty is okay; not hard, but I managed to lose a round or two as well. Haven't played it online yet, there were no servers (which is weird for a game that just went on sale).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:01:23 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: July 05, 2012, 05:53:11 pm »

There is no Summer Sale. Today is Cubemen. I am disappointed.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: July 05, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »

I wouldn't have expected them to start the summer sale on a Thursday. Frankly what I'm looking for is those minor updates to a bunch of games to add in the sale achievements, or for the sale to start on a Monday regardless.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: July 05, 2012, 08:42:54 pm »

I got annoyed with lack of summer sale and thus bought stuff from amazon.  3$ For X-com :) and 7.59$ to get both bio  shock games! (With steam codes for all.)  It's like my own personal pretend summer sale :P
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: July 05, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

Valve, Y U NO STEAM SALE?

It's on Gamersgate and Amazon.

Hate to quote myself.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: July 05, 2012, 10:00:51 pm »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: July 05, 2012, 10:40:36 pm »

Hate to quote myself.
Actually, its not.

Most everything on those two have Steam activation. It might as well be a Steam sale.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: July 05, 2012, 10:44:58 pm »

Hate to quote myself.
Actually, its not.

Most everything on those two have Steam activation. It might as well be a Steam sale.

QFT. All the games I have bought from Amazon (like 15 of them in total) in the past 2 months, except for EU3 Chronicle, could be activated on Steam. In fact, the reason I bought them was because they were on massive discount and support Steam activation.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: July 06, 2012, 03:57:09 am »

Sorry for the double post but Wargames European Escalation is 50% off and is having its SECOND FREE DLC released soon.

The game has great support from the devs, so I'd highly recommend it to any fan of strategy game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58610/
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: July 06, 2012, 04:34:10 am »

Except that at least the Amazon sale is apparently US only, so that really doesn't count for a pretty large part of the world.

Guess I still have to wait to get Bioshock in the Summer Sale.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:37:49 am by LASD »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: July 06, 2012, 07:11:07 am »

Except that at least the Amazon sale is apparently US only, so that really doesn't count for a pretty large part of the world.

Eh... people have put an American address and been able to purchase and use the games just fine, I believe. If you're a bit of a daredevil.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: July 06, 2012, 08:33:27 am »

Eh... people have put an American address and been able to purchase and use the games just fine, I believe. If you're a bit of a daredevil.
That fails with them checking your address against the one on your credit card, at least in many online stores (and possibly if you're Finnish). And I don't really want to make a new Amazon account to participate in a sale.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: July 06, 2012, 08:53:57 am »

That fails with them checking your address against the one on your credit card, at least in many online stores (and possibly if you're Finnish). And I don't really want to make a new Amazon account to participate in a sale.
I've done this and bought the Paradox pack and Fall of the Samurai, seriously, just put an American address and it's all fine.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: July 06, 2012, 10:06:22 am »

Yeah, the fake address works for me too.

4142 Fakesville Arizona

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: July 07, 2012, 01:35:11 pm »

I had no trouble buying something on Amazon.com with a Canadian address, but I couldn't get them to ship to an address outside the US. Had to send it to someone else and they forwarded it to me. Don't know how you'd manage that without doing what I had to do.

Or is the fake address just to qualify for the sale, not necessarily to actually purchase from the US Amazon site?
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1135