Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461661 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2520 on: June 05, 2012, 06:57:22 pm »

Dungeons of Dredmore is $1.50, its WELL worth it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: June 05, 2012, 07:04:30 pm »

This and then some. Realm of the Diggle Gods was a bargain at full price, whether or not it's on sale now. And there's a new, free DLC out today as well.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: June 05, 2012, 09:59:49 pm »

Seconded. Or thirded, whatever.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2523 on: June 05, 2012, 11:14:55 pm »

Minus one'd for Dungeons of Dredmore if you're used to more hardcore roguelikes. I used to play Nethack, ADOM, Dungeon Crawl, IVAN, etc etc, and Dungeons of Dredmore is just slow, boring and shallow.

Still, I guess that amount of money for a bunch of sprites and the one or two giggles you might get can still be worth it.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2524 on: June 05, 2012, 11:50:41 pm »

Word to the wise: if you get motion-sick easily, DO NOT play Shattered Horizons. If anything, I feel it does the "zero-G FPS combat" too well.

That was actually why I rather liked it.  I didn't end up playing much, though, since it used to only have about 20-30 players on at a given time.

With the sale going, maybe I need to spin it up again.

KG

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:33 pm »

Another recommendation for Dungeons of Dredmor here.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »

Dungeons of Dredmor is a great game. It's very simple though, so if you're a Nethack veteran you might not see much in it. Personally I find it refreshing to play an accessible roguelike with a decent UI, fun graphics and full mouse support. 

The balance is a bit up and down though. I've been trying to make a Vampire/Werediggle work for quite some time and just haven't managed it. Ever since Vampirism was nerfed I keep getting pummpled by an elite creature who I can't leech life off.  :-[

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: June 06, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »

Is Dungeons of Dreadmor the game where you run around in some ugly dungeon and monsters automatically die around you? I really did not like that game.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:37 pm »

Nope, Dungeons of Dredmor is a game where YOU automatically die around monsters. As in all roguelikes, just a bit more casual (not if the skills are badly combined), and with graphics.

It's a good game, just somewhat easy for hardcore roguelike players, as it was mentioned in topic before.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:10:34 pm by AVE »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2529 on: June 06, 2012, 04:09:01 pm »

Since the Dungeons of Dredmor sale is still going on, I'll have to recommend it. It's a good coffee break game that participates in the spirit of rogue-likes with its own flavor of the genre. Don't expect a lot of depth. I got it at full price and enjoyed it. Plus, the Steam Workshop is open for it, so you can easily download free mods and stuff. Kind of a steal, DLC included.

Sniper Elite V2 is on sale for $37.49. From what I've heard, it's a good game and I enjoyed the demo. If I recall correctly, Hemmingjay said that $35 is the right price for the game. I'll probably get this one today to add to my tremendous backlog of games. I'm kind of desperate for quick fun fixes now that school's rolling, though I'm half hesitant to jump on it when a better sale might come along in the Winter or Summer sales.

Far Cry 1 and 2 are on sale for $2.49 each. I've never played them, but they look interesting, particularly Far Cry 2. Might get 2, at least, but does anyone have any opinions on them?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: June 06, 2012, 04:12:04 pm »

IIRC the few threads I've read, it's got some issues that really fuck with immersion. Check points are re-freaking-diculous as well.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: June 06, 2012, 04:13:26 pm »

I got both on a sale and I played 1 for a while but I stopped playing after an hour or so for unknown reasons. Knowing myself, it probably got too hard :P.
From the little I played I can tell it was a fun game. Definitely worth the money in this case.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2532 on: June 06, 2012, 04:30:22 pm »

Farcry 1 was a pretty decent shooter. I had quite a bit of fun with it. Couldn't get into Farcry 2 though. It think I feels more linear perhaps?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2533 on: June 06, 2012, 05:54:31 pm »

IIRC the few threads I've read, it's got some issues that really fuck with immersion. Check points are re-freaking-diculous as well.

This.  "I just cleared that checkpoint two minutes ago! ()*#$&#(*&!"  This issue made it repetitive enough to overcome my usually overwhelming urge to finish a game I started.

Also, for a game derived from Crysis that centers largely around driving vehicles, the vehicle physics are terrible.  Cars corner weird.

However, at $2.50...you might like it, so why not?

KG

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: June 06, 2012, 08:28:29 pm »

I hated driving in Farcry 2. I uninstalled it within half an hour.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1135