Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461295 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2310 on: May 02, 2012, 07:27:50 pm »

I will never get tired of that sexy voice narrating my exploits facing peckers.
Plant it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:55 pm »

I would buy a version of the game that only had the narrator and listen to it on loop forever.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 02, 2012, 07:44:16 pm »

I thought the narrator was one of the best parts of Bastion. There were some funny moments where he would throw out a line because I took too long to do something, or decided I needed to smash every breakable on the screen.

The music and difficulty system were great too. Being able to make certain aspects of the game harder for more rewards, and being able to change your mind whenever you weren't in a level, was a great idea.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 07, 2012, 08:11:06 pm »

EA Indie Bundle 75% off. Both DeathSpank and Shank games, Gatling Gears, and Warp for a bit over $20 US. From what I've seen, they're pretty good games, if not appealing to everyone.

I also learned that, if you pre-purchase Torchlight II, you get the first one free. The first one is $15. So, if you want both, you can kind of get the second for $5.

And for the daily deal, Nation Red is 80% off. $2 is a pretty good price for an arena zombie shooter game.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 07, 2012, 08:21:54 pm »

EA Indie Bundle

The absolute balls and absurdity of the title precludes me from buying it. Also, since I already own Shank (fun, not amazing) and I'm not a big fan of the Deathspanks.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 07, 2012, 08:25:58 pm »

Man, I wish I knew whether I'd like Torchlight 2 or not.

The one person I know who could give me an honest assessment, works at the company.  So there's bias.

(Although he's also the guy who shed some light on why Torchlight 1 was IMO so bland and boring.  "We just opened shop and had to get on the map.  Dev cycle was short on purpose.  Also, we didn't have any money.  Shakespeare got to get paid, yo."
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 07, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »

I'd think it's like the first, with some improvements. So if you liked the first, you'll probably like the second. That should be obvious, but - as you can see by my previous post - I bring common knowledge to others.

EA Indie Bundle
The absolute balls and absurdity of the title precludes me from buying it.
Yeah, I had to blink a couple of times to make sure I hadn't misread that. I still don't really understand how EA and Indie games go together, but the games in the bundle seem indie enough.

Speaking of indie games, if you haven't even tried Nation Red, you should. It's a nice little game, and I think there's a demo. I played during it's free-play weekend some time ago, and would buy it if I didn't have so many uncompleted games. Plus, it's the price of or less than tomorrow's lunch.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:54 pm »

I'd think it's like the first, with some improvements. So if you liked the first, you'll probably like the second. That should be obvious, but - as you can see by my previous post - I bring common knowledge to others.

EA Indie Bundle
Yeah, I had to blink a couple of times to make sure I hadn't misread that. I still don't really understand how EA and Indie games go together, but the games in the bundle seem indie enough.

Speaking of indie games, if you haven't even tried Nation Red, you should. It's a nice little game, and I think there's a demo. I played during it's free-play weekend some time ago, and would buy it if I didn't have so many uncompleted games. Plus, it's the price of or less than tomorrow's lunch.
The question is would the sandwich be better satisfying than the game.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 07, 2012, 08:59:17 pm »

I'd think it's like the first, with some improvements. So if you liked the first, you'll probably like the second.
Thing is, the first just plain lacked /content/, and I don't know what their philosophy is going to be there.  The levels felt stale, especially once you got into the infinite dungeon and it felt like there were only four types of environment in the whole game.  Will they focus on quality or quantity?  Because I think they need assloads more quantity to be worthwhile.  Presumably that's an obvious thing for the sequel to fix, but I can't know for sure.

Also, no idea how multiplayer will play, and that's a real big deal to me.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2319 on: May 07, 2012, 09:39:15 pm »

EA Indie Bundle

EA is jumping on the Indie bandwagon, thinking "Small group of devs = Indie!" I think they're missing the point, though I'm not sure if they care. All they see is the huge amount of cash Minecraft made, and they want a slice of that cheesecake.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 07, 2012, 09:43:32 pm »

EA is jumping on the Indie bandwagon, thinking "Small group of devs = Indie!" I think they're missing the point, though I'm not sure if they care. All they see is the huge amount of cash Minecraft made, and they want a slice of that cheesecake.
Or perhaps trying to muscle in on the notion that indie groups are somehow better than big name developers, or just that the word "indie" means something good.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:10 pm »

Or perhaps trying to muscle in on the notion that indie groups are somehow better than big name developers, or just that the word "indie" means something good.

Or that the word "indie" holds any worthwhile meaning at all.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 07, 2012, 09:53:04 pm »

Indie games are like artisan bagels.  Many small places don't think about making them, they just think "I'm making bagels".  Customers may prefer that style, and some bagel critics say "These artisan bagels are better than big company bagels".  And then the big companies notice, and put out a factory-produced line of "artisan bagels".  Small companies keep making bagels anyway, and customers keep buying them.  And the small companies say "What does artisan mean?".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 07, 2012, 09:58:01 pm »

Indie games are like artisan bagels.  Many small places don't think about making them, they just think "I'm making bagels".  Customers may prefer that style, and some bagel critics say "These artisan bagels are better than big company bagels".  And then the big companies notice, and put out a factory-produced line of "artisan bagels".  Small companies keep making bagels anyway, and customers keep buying them.  And the small companies say "What does artisan mean?".
I like this explanation. Well done.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 07, 2012, 09:59:09 pm »

Or that the word "indie" holds any worthwhile meaning at all.

I think I read somewhere (Rock Paper Shotgun?) that EA's using the definition that independent developer = developer who holds full creative control over their games.

Which, fair enough, is a necessary condition of being 'Indie'.  Is it sufficient?  I dunno.  I don't think Indie developers need to be two guys in a garage.

But when I think of 'What's the opposite of Indie?'  Yeah, EA is second in that list.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 1135