Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461280 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2280 on: April 27, 2012, 10:25:32 am »

Wait for it to go back normal price and pay the creator what they deserve. It's only a couple bucks.
I think you're in the wrong thread.
Definitely, take a good look at my signature.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 29, 2012, 11:23:57 am »

Wait for it to go back normal price and pay the creator what they deserve. It's only a couple bucks.
I think you're in the wrong thread.
Definitely, take a good look at my signature.
Because the creator doesn't get a say about if his game gets sold at a reduced price on steam, clearly
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 29, 2012, 06:21:40 pm »

UFO Afterlight for $2.50.

Don't buy the "package", nothing else in it is on sale.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 30, 2012, 07:27:22 am »

I have been thinking about getting CK2 and a few other games I cant remember atm. Being Aussie we sometimes get stupid prices dispite having the stronger doller over the US folk. Can someone check to see if CK2 is at a different price the what would show for me. I cant say what it is due to beeing at work. But still...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 30, 2012, 07:49:28 am »

I have been thinking about getting CK2 and a few other games I cant remember atm. Being Aussie we sometimes get stupid prices dispite having the stronger doller over the US folk. Can someone check to see if CK2 is at a different price the what would show for me. I cant say what it is due to beeing at work. But still...

Looks like it is $49.99 in both the US and Australian, 49,99€ in Europe and £37.99 in UK for the CK2 collection.

You can check other countries stores by using http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us and replacing the us with your country code, so au for australia, uk for uk, fr for france, ru for russia, etc.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2285 on: April 30, 2012, 08:37:51 am »

I can tell you that CK2 is an amazing game. I've been playing it with a friend of mine and we're having a blast. I spent a lot of time dealing with family squabbles... such as my prince raising his armies and trying to usurp my throne. I also spent a lot of time conquering the norse, stripping them of their titles and executing them while converting their people.  8)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2286 on: April 30, 2012, 10:35:49 am »

By the way, UFO Afterlight is a pretty good game. I find it scratches the same strategic itch as X-Com with a lot more complexity :) I don't like the combat quite as much though - I feel I have less control. But there's tons more complexity than X-Com, which is nice :)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 30, 2012, 11:32:23 am »

By the way, UFO Afterlight is a pretty good game. I find it scratches the same strategic itch as X-Com with a lot more complexity :) I don't like the combat quite as much though - I feel I have less control. But there's tons more complexity than X-Com, which is nice :)

The only thing I don't like about Afterlight is that you can't get a bigger supply of personnel. You get like 2 dozen people, and half of them only show up if some of the first ones croaks. And if those ones croak, you're done. I liked Aftershock more in that respect. But the art in AL is superior.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2288 on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:15 am »

The only thing I don't like about Afterlight is that you can't get a bigger supply of personnel. You get like 2 dozen people, and half of them only show up if some of the first ones croaks. And if those ones croak, you're done. I liked Aftershock more in that respect. But the art in AL is superior.
How far in did you play? You get more people as time goes on. And there is a mod or two IIRC which will add more. Also drones are amazingly useful. I had a squad which was nothing but an engineer and drones.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 30, 2012, 01:04:48 pm »

You can get up to a total of seven more recruits over the course of the game. Spoilered below.

You get two new recruits when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you eliminate the beastmen threat by

You get two reticulan recruits if you ally with them. You can also get two recruits from
later, though you can't be allied with both at once. Combined with the
it should be obvious who needs to
to maximise recruits.

You can also get three recruits from

Recruits from non-human factions will dissapear if you lose your alliance with their faction but will reappear if you later reestablish it.

This doesn't count drones of which you can have as many as you have materials for.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2290 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:21 pm »

Supreme Commander 2 is fairly cheap right now. I'm not into the whole speed-based RTS*, but for those of you who are, it's 66% off.

*By "speed based", I mean you have to be on Speed to compete.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 30, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »

How far in did you play? You get more people as time goes on. And there is a mod or two IIRC which will add more. Also drones are amazingly useful. I had a squad which was nothing but an engineer and drones.

I finished the game.

See Metalax's post, above. You get about a dozen new recruits, including aliens and those who replace dying/retiring members. And the original team is what, another dozen? Hence my statement, a couple dozen.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2292 on: May 01, 2012, 08:24:07 am »

Morrowind and Oblivion are 50% off for the week, for anyone who doesn't already own them. Note, if you are getting Oblivion, make sure you get the right version. Deluxe has all the dlc while standard has knights of the nine and shivering isles dlc only.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: May 01, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »

Wish I knew which one I owned.

My client says "You already own" in both regular and Deluxe. If I hit "view DLC" on my library, says I have GOTY DLC. I suppose if I had deluxe it would say so?

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:30 pm »

GOTY was a different thing a while back, and I'm pretty sure it has all the DLC.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1135