Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461146 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2235 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:29 pm »

x3:TC is the only one you really need. There are some people who are still playing their original game started in 2008 and still play it often. I just spoke with someone who has 450 ships in his possession and numerous other craft/stations. The amount of mods available too is staggering. It's one of those games like Mount & Blade that you won't regret your purchase regardless of how much it cost you.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 03, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »

ARGH

Okay, I'm stuck. Should I get this X:3 pack for £12? Is it good? Can anyone throw their quick review at me?
Ta'.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 03, 2012, 06:48:43 pm »

I got it for around $10 American and enjoy it at times. I would watch some videos maybe beforehand. It's not for everyone and there's isn't much to a storyline for single player.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 03, 2012, 08:09:30 pm »

I bought X3 + expansions the last time it went on sale. Have not yet installed it or played it.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2239 on: April 11, 2012, 08:45:40 am »

Steam's got a couple of Indie Packs for sale, along the lines of the Indie Bundles that have been popping up lately. You can save a pretty penny if you're interested in them, though I haven't tried any of the ones that are on sale.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 11, 2012, 08:52:15 am »

The way I see it, the bundle deals are just the way of trying to attract the last few sales before the next cycle of games fully establishes itself and steals away the public's attention forever.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2241 on: April 11, 2012, 09:00:51 am »

The way I see it, the bundle deals are just the way of trying to attract the last few sales before the next cycle of games fully establishes itself and steals away the public's attention forever.
They're also very good for people on a budget who are willing to wait for a good sale and are still enjoying the last generation of games.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 12, 2012, 01:29:25 pm »

Wargame: European Escalation is on sale for 40% off! Also comes with the free DLC.

It's quite possibly the best RTS of the year.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2243 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:17 pm »

Oh, SHOOT. $23 is still way more than I pay for games generally... decisions schmecisions.

Also, Nuclear Dawn, TOTALLY worth it.

Also, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, pretty awesome match-3 like mechanics in an RPG.

Also, if you do not buy From Holland with Love for $10, just for Greed Corp, you are dead to me!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:22 pm »

They're also very good for people on a budget who are willing to wait for a good sale and are still enjoying the last generation of games.

Like me, who got the paradox bundle for 40 bucks  :P

I love my luck

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 19, 2012, 03:23:27 pm »

Mount & Blade series 75% off now.
Warband is $5.
$7.50 gets you the original, Warband, and With Fire & Sword.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 19, 2012, 04:40:20 pm »

Dammit, steam.
I lost my M&B key two days ago. And I've been playing in trial version.
HOW DOES IT DO IT?!?!?!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 19, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »

So Napoleonic Wars is on Steam now and is currently more than the compelete pack, 10 dollars for the "dlc".  So what exactly is going on here, wasn't NW a free mod a few days ago?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 19, 2012, 05:42:59 pm »

So Napoleonic Wars is on Steam now and is currently more than the compelete pack, 10 dollars for the "dlc".  So what exactly is going on here, wasn't NW a free mod a few days ago?

Im assuming its the same sort of thing they did with F+S, if they werent an indy dev id be a bit pissed, anyone played Napoleonic wars? does it have single player, or is it just an expensive version of the musket battalion mod?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 19, 2012, 06:03:05 pm »

It seems to be multiplayer only. There's apparently a tutorial and custom battles but that's about it.
From what I read the multiplayer seems to be fairly well done. Shame I'm tending to shy away from multiplayer games these days, not sure if it's something I'd enjoy.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1135