Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460911 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2085 on: March 11, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

In case you haven't been keeping up with the 2K sale, Civilization V is 75% off, putting it at $7.49 US. The DLC is also 75% off. From what I've heard about the game, that's a good deal.

The Yogscast tried to stream Civ 5.

Probably not the best place to go for an impression of any game...

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 11, 2012, 07:59:48 pm »

IMO Civ 4 is way better than 5, and it's currently also cheaper (even with all the expansions). In Australia at least, where ciV costs more than double what it costs in the USA (I assume cIV has the same markup). >:( (Yes on Steam.)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 11, 2012, 08:15:14 pm »

In case you haven't been keeping up with the 2K sale, Civilization V is 75% off, putting it at $7.49 US. The DLC is also 75% off. From what I've heard about the game, that's a good deal.

The Yogscast tried to stream Civ 5.

Probably not the best place to go for an impression of any game...

Doesn't matter much who streams it if it crashes every five minutes, does it?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 11, 2012, 08:53:31 pm »

Bought "Blocks that Matter" for about a dollar fiddy. It's a pretty pleasant puzzler, if you want my impression.

If you happen to have an erotic fixation on block puzzles, BTM will leave you satisfied for days.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 11, 2012, 10:39:18 pm »

IMO Civ 4 is way better than 5, and it's currently also cheaper (even with all the expansions). In Australia at least, where ciV costs more than double what it costs in the USA (I assume cIV has the same markup). >:( (Yes on Steam.)

I could never get into the fifth game. I didn't like the changes to the ruleset and it just didn't really feel like a civ game to me.
If you're really itching for a civ game that feels like the classics I would go for Freeciv, it's also free as well incase you couldn't tell from the name
Not much a fan of the massive amount of DLC business and I tend to avoid games that do it like the plague.

I agree with the price regions being very annoying. I just don't see how you can justify it with digital products, must cost a ton to ship bytes across an ocean. I'm starting to move away from Steam, I'm annoyed they added the Russian store which charges like one half the US store does and like one quater of the Australian/European stores (since when did 2 AUD = 1 USD and 1 euro = 1USD?).
Apparently the Russians get to pay less because of the high rate of piracy and low income while Europe and Oceania have to pay more because they have a higher cost of living and a stronger currency than the US? Can't say it makes sense to me. :-\

I'm tending to blame the publishers for the price hikes in the Oceania stores. It seems like it's 2K, Activision, EA and all the bigboys who do it. I remember when Borderlands hiked up by 50% when the Australian dollar had that big increase.
Strangely enough the smaller publishing teams like Paradox/1C can offer equal deals so it seems rather weird to me.
Publishers blame the disturbitors, the disturbitors blame the retailers and the retailers blame the comsumers.

Bought "Blocks that Matter" for about a dollar fiddy. It's a pretty pleasant puzzler, if you want my impression.

If you happen to have an erotic fixation on block puzzles, BTM will leave you satisfied for days.

I enjoyed Blocks that Matter although it was in a Humble Bundle so the majority of people I know picked it up already.
Problem I found with it that it really tickled my OCD side. I couldn't get through the level without getting the bonus block (which were pretty hard in some places).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:47:36 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 13, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box is 75% off today. Orcs Must Die is 75% off until Thursday, and L.A. Noire is 50% as well.

Including ALL the DLC, that's three pretty damn good games for $29.97 USD. BUY ALL THE THINGS!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 13, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »

L.A. Noire I've heard some mixed reviews about. Orcs Must Die! demo was fun, not sure if it would hold my interest forever. I'm just plain not interested in Burnout.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 13, 2012, 10:43:47 pm »

L.A. Noire I've heard some mixed reviews about.

Everyone looks guilty, even when they aren't.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 13, 2012, 10:47:23 pm »

L.A. Noire I've heard some mixed reviews about.

Everyone looks guilty, even when they aren't.

This is typical for someone who is talking to a cop.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 14, 2012, 12:20:19 am »

L.A. Noire I've heard some mixed reviews about. Orcs Must Die! demo was fun, not sure if it would hold my interest forever. I'm just plain not interested in Burnout.

I'll put in a voice of recommendation for Orcs Must Die! For $3.75, it doesn't have to hold your interest forever.
(For the record, it's held my interest for 22.8 hours, which at a price of $3.75 comes to about 16.5 cents an hour.  ;) )

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 14, 2012, 01:31:32 am »

I can heartily recommend Burnout Paradise. I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but I love the Burnout series and Paradise is certainly no exception. It's hard to describe what makes the series so fun to someone who hasn't played them...they're like racing games, except there's a heavy emphasis on ramming other vehicles and taking them out as viciously as possible, causing spectacular crashes, etc. The open world angle concerned me at first, but being able to drive around a city and just dick around is a fair tradeoff for being able to quickly select races from menus.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 14, 2012, 05:06:53 am »

I bought all 3.

I'm terrible at not spending money on games.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2097 on: March 14, 2012, 01:10:57 pm »

I'll throw in a second recommendation for Orcs Must Die! It's a fun little game, and I've thrown in 17 hours. It's a good tower defense game that gave me a few smiles.

I see Majesty 2 is on sale. You can get everything, including DLC, for $5. I enjoyed the first one - Is the second one any good?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 14, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »

I see Majesty 2 is on sale. You can get everything, including DLC, for $5. I enjoyed the first one - Is the second one any good?
Ehhh. Majesty 2 is to Majesty as Supreme Commander 2 is to Supreme Commander, in my opinion. I believe there's a demo of it, play that first.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 15, 2012, 01:35:58 pm »

I predicted a dungeon defenders 2 free weekend a few hours ago and it came true, I know you guys won't believe me, but I've said this on the bay12games IRC and it became true. So there's that, I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1135