Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460916 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2070 on: March 09, 2012, 02:28:14 pm »

If the Sim-things I liked existed on Steam, I'd consider buying them. Like Sim Golf! I loved that so much.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: March 09, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »

Hmm...Sid Meier's Railroads! is $5 right now. I remember having a lot of fun with the original as a kid. Anyone know if this version is decent? Looks like it got a lot of flak back when it was released for crashes, but it's been long enough now that I'm hopeful that those have been fixed.

Worth it?

Not worth it for $1.  It's terrible, the SimCity Societies of the series.  Probably the reason the series died.  Just play 3 instead.

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of answer I needed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 09, 2012, 09:42:20 pm »

So any reason to get Mafia II Deluxe, or any of the DLCs? Except for 2 DLCs, all others are "2 new cars! 2 new suits!".

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:20 pm »

Hmm...Sid Meier's Railroads! is $5 right now. I remember having a lot of fun with the original as a kid. Anyone know if this version is decent? Looks like it got a lot of flak back when it was released for crashes, but it's been long enough now that I'm hopeful that those have been fixed.

Worth it?

Not worth it for $1.  It's terrible, the SimCity Societies of the series.  Probably the reason the series died.  Just play 3 instead.

Yeah, pretty much. Major dumbing down with Railroads. 3 is great and the previous ones are also good.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2074 on: March 09, 2012, 11:14:46 pm »

Railroads! is fun in multiplayer if you remember that it's more of a boardgame than an in-depth simulation. We had a lot of fun with 3-4 players.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 10, 2012, 12:25:40 am »

is the pirates! remake good?

It's region-locked, though, so I'm not sure if I can play the game without bypassing the region lock even after I've bypassed the lock and managed to buy it.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

I love the second Pirates! and I've spent a long time playing it.
It's not a game that has a lot of depth but it's got a very addictive gamplay. It's the ol' Mount and Blade style of having such addictive gameplay you can generally over look the flaws. 

There are a lot of flaws though. The game is rather easy even on hardest, there isn't much to do apart from stealing ships, the graphics are fairly meh and I haven't gotten widescreen to work correctly in my version.

It is however a lot more "arcade-y" than the first one but to me that works for it.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 10, 2012, 02:10:22 am »

Hmm, looks like it's also on GamersGate, without the region lock, looks like I'll pick it up there when there's a sale going on there.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 10, 2012, 07:04:50 am »

Not so much discussion on the sales, but it's Steam related.

I've got one Steam Mobile Pass that I'd like to give out to Bay12. If you want it, just add me: Lungs McWalken. If that doesn't work, try eaman72.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 10, 2012, 07:57:29 am »

It's region-locked, though, so I'm not sure if I can play the game without bypassing the region lock even after I've bypassed the lock and managed to buy it.
No, it's not good. It's great!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 10, 2012, 08:03:24 am »

]No, it's not good. It's great!

And a opinion from the opposition: It's a bland experience.
Not hard, if you ignore high difficulty fencing & dancing which is just a pain in the ass.
You got a few things to do and they don't require much skill.
But... Its the only pirate game that has been released for a long time that isn't a plunge in the sewers.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 10, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »

It is indeed repetitive and shallow, but the blandness is addicting fun.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 10, 2012, 07:05:19 pm »

Not so much discussion on the sales, but it's Steam related.

I've got one Steam Mobile Pass that I'd like to give out to Bay12. If you want it, just add me: Lungs McWalken. If that doesn't work, try eaman72.

Pretty sure the mobile app is freely available now.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 11, 2012, 04:47:14 pm »

In case you haven't been keeping up with the 2K sale, Civilization V is 75% off, putting it at $7.49 US. The DLC is also 75% off. From what I've heard about the game, that's a good deal.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 11, 2012, 07:21:18 pm »

In case you haven't been keeping up with the 2K sale, Civilization V is 75% off, putting it at $7.49 US. The DLC is also 75% off. From what I've heard about the game, that's a good deal.

The Yogscast tried to stream Civ 5. It looked pretty horrid to me, especially since at least one of the three or four players crashed every time they played multiplayer, three or four turns into the match.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1135