Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460806 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2025 on: March 03, 2012, 01:46:36 am »

V:tM actually has trouble running if you have too much RAM. There's a fix tho, but kinda hacky.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.  I have six gigs of DDR3, and it works perfectly fine for me.  At least, the Steam version does.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:12 am »

So I've been playing Guild 2 like crazy for the past few days thanks to the sale, probably helps that I play multiplayer and raidcall with a friend. I've grown attached to the Scholar, while he has his liking towards Rouge. Churches man, churches are boss if you can get the followers piling in.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2027 on: March 03, 2012, 01:07:04 pm »

Oh, wow, Atom Zombie Smasher for $2.50! Grab it if you haven't yet - it's super addicting, indie, and also just plain awesome :)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 03, 2012, 07:42:10 pm »

Ill put a plug in here for payday as well, well worth 10 bucks, lotta fun to play with some friends
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:57 pm »

V:tM actually has trouble running if you have too much RAM. There's a fix tho, but kinda hacky.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.  I have six gigs of DDR3, and it works perfectly fine for me.  At least, the Steam version does.

When I bought it about a year ago, it still had the problem.

Running Windows 7 64 bits. If you had more than 2 gb of RAM it rolled over or something and assumed you had negative free ram, which made it either not work, or work with a completely worthless 3D resolution that made everyone look like System Shock 2 zombies.

I don't know if they made an "official" patch later thru Steam that fixed it, but I had to actually hex edit the portion of the code that detected free RAM and give it a hardcoded number. I found the instructions somewhere, can't remember.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 04, 2012, 01:59:39 am »

When I bought it about a year ago, it still had the problem.

Running Windows 7 64 bits. If you had more than 2 gb of RAM it rolled over or something and assumed you had negative free ram, which made it either not work, or work with a completely worthless 3D resolution that made everyone look like System Shock 2 zombies.

I don't know if they made an "official" patch later thru Steam that fixed it, but I had to actually hex edit the portion of the code that detected free RAM and give it a hardcoded number. I found the instructions somewhere, can't remember.

...huh, that's weird. I'm running Win7, 64 bit, with 6 GB of RAM installed, and it runs fine. Admittedly, I haven't tried it without the fan patch installed (maybe there's a fix in there?), but then again, there's absolutely no sane reason to not have the fan patch installed.  :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 04, 2012, 02:00:22 am »

Win 7 64-bit, 4 gigs here. No issues.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 04, 2012, 02:09:45 am »

I had the issue he's talking about, but it turned out to be the first problem listed in the first stickied topic in the steam forum about the game. Fairly simple fix.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 06, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »

The Sims 3 is "up to" 66% off today. That puts the base game at a little over $10 (US). I'm not personally interested, but it's a popular game, so I guess it has interest for many people.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 06, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »

I may be interested, but I wonder which expansions, if any, would be worth it. I imagine the stuff packs aren't really important, but something that adds some interesting gameplay would be nice (Like the one for the original Sims that added multiple story buildings... at least, I think that was an expansion pack?)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 06, 2012, 07:35:36 pm »

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion_pack#The_Sims_3

Almost all expansions include new professions, new "life states", stuff to build, etc, so I'm skipping those. so, "major" changes would be:

World Adventure adds:
1) traveling
2) quests
3) tomb raiding (needs to babysit the raider constantly tho, becomes almost a 3rd person puzzle/rpgish game during those periods).
4) Tiberium (yes, that one).

Ambitions adds:
0) not much
1) "roleplaying" professions (5 of them): basically, jobs that you have to babysit to actually advance. so you have to actually go out and put out fires, bust ghosts, redesign a house, cut people hairs, etc. I actually built the Ghostbusters fire station very faithfully, based my floorplans on the Ghostbusters: The Game game :) too bad you can't "team bust" Ghosts, so having 3-4 paranormal investigators in a house is a PAIN IN THE ASS since each get their own emergencies to go alone, simultaneously.
2) ... pretty much that's it. chances are you'll only have one family member in one profession if you want to keep your sanity.

Late Night adds:
1) clubs
2) highrises (multiple people live in them but I'm not sure it has multiple floors. I mean, some do have 2 or 3 floors but it's not like a 40 story building has 40 available floors. mostly it's cosmetic. i think you pretty much only live in the penthouse, and a building may have two clubs: one basement and one in penthouse). also elevators can be annoying.
3) vampires (meh?)
4) multi-purpose civic buildings, I think. maybe it was a previous expansion.
5) star fame thingy (more annoying than useful... you can't even avoid gaining fame just by accidentally talking to someone famous. eventually EVERYONE in town will be famous since they talk to each other).
6) form a music band

Generations adds:
1) kid stuff, I think? Dreaming, slumber parties. Not a lot of gameplay changes from what I've seen.
2) boarding schools that you pay for

Pets adds:
1) pets
2) horses (see #1...)
3) parrots? (see #1...)
4) hamsters? (notice a pattern)

Showtime adds:
1) no idea
2) ok, apparently you can become Cher or the Siegried Bros or whatever.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 06, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »

I guess paying $20 instead of $40 for elevators or spiral staircases is good?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 06, 2012, 07:52:12 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 06, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

Bought Psychonauts for five dollars. It's something that critics have be praising for years, but I've never checked it out. I guess I'll be changing that soon enough.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 06, 2012, 08:07:46 pm »

I'd personally call Sims 3 a ridiculous waste of money.

I mean, it's good and all, but having just the vanilla game just doesn't cut it anymore. It's ok for those who have been buying the packs when they came out, but buying a "pack" now of Sims 3 products... ugh. I'd buy the entire lot for $20 total, tops.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1135