Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460679 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1935 on: February 16, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »

That's nice :)

Anyhow, I've got 2 Killing Floor guest passes if anyone wants one (playing it for free for a limited amount of time).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: February 17, 2012, 01:45:15 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10170/

Wolfenstein is on super cheap today.  I'm going to pick it up.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:47:28 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 17, 2012, 02:03:15 pm »

How does this compare to Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I don't think I've read much at all about this title, actually.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 17, 2012, 02:13:16 pm »

How does this compare to Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I don't think I've read much at all about this title, actually.

I have absolutely no idea.  But I think it got decent ratings, and for 5 dollars its not exactly bank-breaking if it turns out to be garbage.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 17, 2012, 02:18:49 pm »

It's a decent romp. Has some semi-open worldness to it and some collection aspects. You get a bunch of black magic powers that make your a better FPS player (seeing people through walls, force shields, piercing shots, stuff like that.) Decent weapon selection.

The story is...eh, even in comparison to other Wolfensteins. It's got a more cinematic quality to it than RTCW....but at times I felt a little too much like I was playing a movie, and not a game.

So I never finished it, either time. Got to the last mission and said fuck it. Still, it's got some cool things going on, and is more focused on "Occult Nazis" than I think any other Wolfenstein game. If the price is right for you, I'd say it's a decent buy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »

The occult stuff sounds Painkiller-ish, and I thought the most memorable parts of RTCW were the cinematic ones (crawling around the airfield and suddenly paratroopers get dropped everywhere, that one always stuck with me). The price is reasonable, I've spent more on games I'll probably play less. Mmmm. Sold.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 18, 2012, 04:25:52 am »

i got this ones (Steam cuppons):
50% OFF King's Bounty Platinum
and
33% OFF Valve
send a message on steam (same name) and i give it to you if you intend to use it as i won't ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 20, 2012, 07:28:02 pm »

Got a nice little feed of Steam sales and such.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has had its price dropped by 40%, down to $29.99 USD.

Just Cause 2 is on sale today for 66% off - $5.09 USD.

X3: Albion Prelude is ten bucks - 50% reduction in price. X3: Terran Conflict has had its price dropped by 20% to $15.99

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #1943 on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:20 am »

Just Cause 2 looks fun. Worth it?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1944 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:47 am »

absolutely. i always have a blast when i go in with the desire to blow the living shit out of stuff and ride airplanes around. Open world mayhem at its very best.

ALSO!

Realm of the Mad God is now on Steam and free still. Neat I guess. Looks much improved since I last played.
I got nothing

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 21, 2012, 11:50:49 am »

absolutely. i always have a blast when i go in with the desire to blow the living shit out of stuff and ride airplanes around. Open world mayhem at its very best.
It does very much embrace sandbox play.  That's all I can say.  If you just want a game that you can go in and do whatever the hell you want... it's a lot of fun.  But it got old for me.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »

Realm of the Mad God is now on Steam and free still. Neat I guess. Looks much improved since I last played.

Or you could just play in your browser and not bother with Steam at all.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 21, 2012, 01:03:24 pm »

i got this ones (Steam cuppons):
50% OFF King's Bounty Platinum
and
33% OFF Valve
send a message on steam (same name) and i give it to you if you intend to use it as i won't ...
You still got the King's bounty coupon?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:11 pm »

I wrote in my Steam review that it's objectively the best (single player) game ever released.  Not just FPS... Best game, period.  Though I guess you need to like the genre.

Its physics are either semi-realistic or "rule of cool", whichever is more fun at the moment.  You can grapple onto and hijack helicopters.  You can drive a motorcycle at a gas station, then jump off... Once you exit a vehicle, it instantly becomes like 3x more explosive.  Is there a good reason?  No.  Is it AWESOME?  Yes!  You can ride on civilians' car roofs and they yell at you...  And parachuting is just plain fun.  You can PICK UP and lug around emplaced miniguns, and they get infinite ammo.  Again, for no good reason except that it's awesome, and the boss fights as you advance through the missions go from "normal" to "LOLWAT" in a good way.

If you ever wanted to assassinate someone by dropping a helicopter on them, you owe it to yourself to get it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:24:20 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 21, 2012, 01:30:32 pm »

I wrote in my Steam review that it's objectively the best (single player) game ever released.  Not just FPS... Best game, period.  Though I guess you need to like the genre.

Its physics are either semi-realistic or "rule of cool", whichever is more fun at the moment.  You can grapple onto and hijack helicopters.  You can drive a motorcycle at a gas station, then jump off... Once you exit a vehicle, it instantly becomes like 3x more explosive.  Is there a good reason?  No.  Is it AWESOME?  Yes!  You can ride on civilians' car roofs and they yell at you...  And parachuting is just plain fun.  You can PICK UP and lug around emplaced miniguns, and they get infinite ammo.  Again, for no good reason except that it's awesome, and the boss fights as you advance through the missions go from "normal" to "LOLWAT" in a good way.

If you ever wanted to assassinate someone by dropping a helicopter on them, you owe it to yourself to get it.
You realize that spot is contested so many levels but im not to argue as i don't want my thread flooded.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1134