Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460632 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1875 on: January 25, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

Am I the only one who found Titan Quest unplayably dull? It's got a decent metacritic score, but looking into it a bit all the reviews seem to say "It's like Diablo and it's, uh, not bad, I guess? 8/10!" Anyway, I bought it at a prior sale, and was extremely disappointed with the purchase.

I wasn't that entertained by it either, but I think I'm usually turned off in general from greek/roman themes in games for some reason.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 25, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »

Am I the only one who found Titan Quest unplayably dull? It's got a decent metacritic score, but looking into it a bit all the reviews seem to say "It's like Diablo and it's, uh, not bad, I guess? 8/10!" Anyway, I bought it at a prior sale, and was extremely disappointed with the purchase.

Just sayin.

I loved Titan Quest back when it was first released. But purchasing it again recently, I also found it sadly dull. I guess it just didn't age well.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: January 25, 2012, 07:03:42 pm »

I know this could be considered cheating, but I found it was a lot more fun with the mod that makes pretty much all drops be set items :)

(Pretty much the only possible way to complete a set before it becomes weaksauce anyway and you have to pawn it :P)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 26, 2012, 03:44:45 am »

From Dust, 5 USD. Worth it?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 26, 2012, 03:58:56 am »

Is it still DRM'd to shit, I honestly haven't looked at anything for about the game since release.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 26, 2012, 04:21:52 am »

Is it still DRM'd to shit, I honestly haven't looked at anything for about the game since release.
No, the update from Sept. 8 removes the DRM.

Still not worth the money since it's going to Ubi.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 26, 2012, 04:37:32 am »

The loading times are the only reason the game last so long...

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 26, 2012, 04:40:57 am »

The loading times are the only reason the game last so long...
It's still really innovative game, and really fun to play around with. The graphics are capped for what they have to be for consoles (but still look pretty) and there's the whole DRM-business. So if you actually care about those things, no, it's not worth it. If you don't and want to play a physics sandbox where you can have fun manipulating the forces of nature, yes, definitely worth it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:04 am »

The game sounds fun, but if I recall what I heard correctly, the controls were really badly ported.

And yeah, if it has any sort of internet-based DRM I basically can't play it. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 26, 2012, 05:13:45 am »

Eeeh... the controls are weird, but I wouldn't call them bad. Capcom ports have shitty controls. This one is okay, you can get used to it pretty fast.

It was fun. I thought it was a bit short but the missions were quite memorable. Especially the one where you start in a desert and over time it or the land where the ground or even the crazy level where.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 26, 2012, 09:19:15 am »

Especially the one where you start in a desert and over time it or the land where the ground or even the crazy level where.

Wat
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 26, 2012, 11:05:37 am »

I found it to be fun, not spectacular perhaps but its one of the few games that I've bought during the Steam Winder sale that I've actually sat down and played from beginning to end. The last level in particular was cool... Though I kinda sorta called the ending before it happened.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 26, 2012, 11:59:03 am »

I picked it up yesterday and played it. Spent a good 3 hours having fun, and only stopped because I was tired. I imagine I'll at least finish it, although it may not have great replay value.

So, for $5 I'd say it's a decent price for a pretty fun game with some neat aspects to it. Not a steal at that price, but probably worth it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 26, 2012, 12:26:30 pm »

Especially the one where you start in a desert and over time it or the land where the ground or even the crazy level where.

Quick turn it off!
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 26, 2012, 04:27:48 pm »

That's awesome, that desert mission was heaps, but after a you start to land for the creep our time for it's ability to burn. The small is nice, still we don't have managed to kill with sand dynamics though interestingly.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1134