Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460597 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1845 on: January 04, 2012, 09:47:54 am »

Did Steam announce who won the prizes? I haven't been able to find the winners.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 04, 2012, 09:53:16 am »

They don't announce them. You can get the winner list by sending Valve a signed letter requesting the list and including a prestamped envelope for them to put the printout in and return it to you. I guess that's the minimum required by the law.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1847 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:43 am »

They don't announce them. You can get the winner list by sending Valve a signed letter requesting the list and including a prestamped envelope for them to put the printout in and return it to you. I guess that's the minimum required by the law.

Reminds me of some picture which told how to troll facebook: You basically sent them a message asking your information, and once you filled the thing, Facebook was required to send a CD containing the info.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 04, 2012, 12:21:49 pm »

Well thats probably a good thing considering whoever got the grand prize could possibly be a prime target to hack.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 04, 2012, 02:49:51 pm »

I spent $48.50 out of my $50 budget for this sale. Cutting it close?
Slacker.  :P
I set a $50 budget for myself as well.  $49.93.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 04, 2012, 07:24:02 pm »

AAAAAAAA!!! for the Awesome.
Aliens vs Predator.
Assassin's Creed Revelations.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
DiRT 3.
Gratuitous Space Battles.
LA Noire.
Saints Row 3.
Serious Sam 3.
SpaceChem.
X3:Albion Prelude.

I don't know how much it cost me. I used my overdraft :(

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 04, 2012, 07:30:31 pm »

HiB4 and 3
Atom zombie smasher
Bastion
Borderlands(Gift)
DEFCON
EU3
Frozen synapse
Garrys mod
Gratuitous space battles
Hearts of iron 3
Jagged alliance 2
Mount and blade with fire and sword
Terraria
Universe sandbox
XCOM Ufo defense
A handful of cheap gift HiB's

Cost me pretty much all of my 60$ visa giftcard
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 04, 2012, 09:02:30 pm »

Well thats probably a good thing considering whoever got the grand prize could possibly be a prime target to hack.

I hear it doesn't happen until mid January, at least according to a ton of people who "might" be in denial.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 05, 2012, 03:57:39 am »

Guys. My mind is blown.

I tried the demo for Frozen Synapse and holy FUCK SHIT. Turn-based tactical game with a cyberpunk kind of feel. It's the closest thing to a multiplayer X-COM, and I'm really thinking about getting it. Not sure how the multiplayer works exactly as the demo's just a few scenario and campaign battles. If anyone's versed with the multiplayer, tell me if it's worth the money or not. I've seen a bunch of Let's Play on Youtube and it looks so... damn... good.

I don't have to have lightning fast Korean reflexes to play it, and I can take time to strategize. If any of you know another game similar to this on Steam or otherwise, give me a heads up. I've definitely been looking for games of this caliber :].

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 05, 2012, 04:02:40 am »

MP derives all its entertainment from the human personality on the other side.

Otherwise, everything is the same pretty much, between SP and MP. The demo pretty much shows you everything there is to the game.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 05, 2012, 04:11:47 am »

Aliens vs Predator.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
DiRT 3.
LA Noire.
Saints Row 3.
Serious Sam 3.
SpaceChem.

It's not my place to critisize your decisions, but... YOU DIDN'T GET BASTION? WHAT THE HELL? WHAT THE HELL? YOU DIDN'T GET BASTION? WHAT THE HELL? (Seriously, you missed out. Just get it for full price, it's worth it.)
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:57 am »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:21:47 pm by MC Dirty »

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 05, 2012, 08:18:05 am »

Aliens vs Predator.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
DiRT 3.
LA Noire.
Saints Row 3.
Serious Sam 3.
SpaceChem.

It's not my place to critisize your decisions, but... YOU DIDN'T GET BASTION? WHAT THE HELL? WHAT THE HELL? YOU DIDN'T GET BASTION? WHAT THE HELL? (Seriously, you missed out. Just get it for full price, it's worth it.)
Well, maybe buckets already had Bastion.
Yeah, I got that on release day. It's a realy nice game, I go back to it every so often.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 05, 2012, 09:53:07 am »

Aliens vs Predator.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
DiRT 3.
LA Noire.
Saints Row 3.
Serious Sam 3.
SpaceChem.

Well, maybe buckets already had Bastion.
Yeah, I got that on release day. It's a realy nice game, I go back to it every so often.
Your honor is restored.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 05, 2012, 02:34:14 pm »

Guys. My mind is blown.

I tried the demo for Frozen Synapse and holy FUCK SHIT. Turn-based tactical game with a cyberpunk kind of feel. It's the closest thing to a multiplayer X-COM, and I'm really thinking about getting it. Not sure how the multiplayer works exactly as the demo's just a few scenario and campaign battles. If anyone's versed with the multiplayer, tell me if it's worth the money or not. I've seen a bunch of Let's Play on Youtube and it looks so... damn... good.

I don't have to have lightning fast Korean reflexes to play it, and I can take time to strategize. If any of you know another game similar to this on Steam or otherwise, give me a heads up. I've definitely been looking for games of this caliber :].

The multiplayer feels like chess with shotguns, or an old board game called Diplomacy under what they called "gunboat rules" (no communication between players).  It's really good.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1134