Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460495 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1725 on: December 27, 2011, 04:32:08 pm »

KOTOR is amazing. I played it years ago, but I imagine it still holds up really well. Solar 2 is...meh. Not as interesting as it looks.

Also, why no KOTOR 2 on Steam? I never got the chance to pick that one up.
What makes KOTOR amazing? And would it work ok on an integrated Intel chipset?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 27, 2011, 04:35:23 pm »

Heh; Sirus, I tried it too; I was testing with the single earlier. That kind of sucks, but it makes perfect sense - buy three games for your friends, get one free for yourself, savings-wise. Sorry to doubt you, Nadaka. :P I think even if you didn't own Terraria, one piece of the 4-pack has to go to you, so it wouldn't have worked. I think I'll still hold a giveaway, because - hey, Terraria.

KotOR is a pretty good game. It's well worth its current price. It's decently long, with a better story than many Star Wars games, and I like the combat system. I would recommend buying it. I think it would work with an integrated set; it's an old game, that ran on the original Xbox.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 27, 2011, 04:39:21 pm »

You can buy a game you already own. Just click the "Add to cart" button, as usual.

I was going to buy a 4-pack to give to people, but 1) I don't have any friends on Steam and 2) I'm not sure if anyone on these forums who wants it doesn't have it.
Start a give-a-way. If enough people show up interested, go ahead and buy it.

No. Sorry. It is impossible to buy the 4pack of a game you already own. When you buy a 4 pack, you can't buy it as a gift. And if you already own the game, you can't buy it for yourself. You can add it to the cart, but there is no way to check out.
What?
*tries for himself*
WHAT.

WHAAAAT.  That's not cool.

KG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 27, 2011, 04:39:35 pm »

Well, it's definitely cheap enough that I can afford it, and I do love me some Star Wars.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 27, 2011, 04:57:04 pm »

Heh; Sirus, I tried it too; I was testing with the single earlier. That kind of sucks, but it makes perfect sense - buy three games for your friends, get one free for yourself, savings-wise. Sorry to doubt you, Nadaka. :P I think even if you didn't own Terraria, one piece of the 4-pack has to go to you, so it wouldn't have worked. I think I'll still hold a giveaway, because - hey, Terraria.

KotOR is a pretty good game. It's well worth its current price. It's decently long, with a better story than many Star Wars games, and I like the combat system. I would recommend buying it. I think it would work with an integrated set; it's an old game, that ran on the original Xbox.
There are people that don't own Terraria. Just look at the Christmas Giveaway as proof.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 27, 2011, 05:05:28 pm »

Yeah, that's an issue: none of the three Terraria giveaways have happened there, have they? Only one of the December 25 Terraria drawings has occurred; there are still two copies left. Your mega-giveaway event is awesome, but they all forget to give their games away! Oh well, I suppose it won't make a difference.

More directly on-topic; Steam says that FEAR's multiplayer is no longer available. You can still play multiplayer, right, just not through Steam?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 27, 2011, 05:10:30 pm »

Yeah, basically this. It's just all around high quality. Great characters, good storyline, graphics were great at the time, good character advancement system, and the pause-realtime-to-assign-actions combat that I always think works really well. The light-side/dark-side choices are pretty shallow, but still add to the fun. It was one of the first games I remember playing that gave you the option to just be a total dick to almost everybody.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:15:09 pm by kinseti »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 27, 2011, 05:33:17 pm »

And being rewarded for it! Via awesome responses by everyone's favorite homicidal robot.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 27, 2011, 05:34:17 pm »

More directly on-topic; Steam says that FEAR's multiplayer is no longer available. You can still play multiplayer, right, just not through Steam?

Correct, it was spun off into a F2P portion called F.E.A.R. Combat.  If you just want the multiplayer, you don't even need to buy it.

KG

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 27, 2011, 06:41:28 pm »

KoToR worked better as a prequel than the prequel movies - although that isn't saying much - but it is a really good RPG. Mechanics-wise it's a simplified neverwinter nights with stronger emphasis on dialogue. Lucasarts seems to pretend KoToR 2 never happened (which is supposedly why it hasn't gone to steam), although in my eyes it was a decent enough game too.

I've got coupons for -50% bit.trip.beat, -50% hoard, -50% valve and -25% meridian4 so far. Don't really want any of those except maybe the steam one (still haven't got episode2).

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 27, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »

I have like three coupons from gifts, two of them are 50% off any Valve game, and another is 25% of any valve game.

God dammit.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 28, 2011, 08:47:48 am »

There are people that don't own Terraria.
Me. I'm not sure I like it, that's why I haven't bought it.
Just bought the frozenbyte collection and the super indie bundle. I'm not even sure why. WHY STEAM?! WHYYYY....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:49:26 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 28, 2011, 09:14:11 am »

I have 50% off Dwarfs and 50% off Braid coupons if anyone is interested :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 28, 2011, 01:06:24 pm »

New Daily Deals!

-66% on Two Worlds franchise
-50% on Serious Sam 3
-75% on Section 8: Prejudice
-75% on Homefront
varying discounts on the Assassin's Creed franchise (75% for the older stuff)
-75% on Revenge of the Titans
-75% on Machinarium
-75% on Dungeon Defenders
-75% on Dead Space and Dead Space 2
-75% on Hearts of Iron III
-75% on S.P.A.Z.
-75% on Tomb Raider franchise

After a couple of days of "meh" deals, this is impressive. LOTS of FPS love.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 28, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »

-75% on S.P.A.Z.

This is what I've been waiting for.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 1134