Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460430 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1680 on: December 25, 2011, 08:53:12 pm »

Alright so what about Dungeons, closest to Dungeon Keeper? Which version is better?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 26, 2011, 03:04:48 am »

I'm wondering what I should get. I'm looking for a game on steam that has replayability, preferably a strategy game. Any suggestions?

EU3. You strategically control your country and change the past. I formed Russia from Muscovy and inherited France. Russia is now ruling the world.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1682 on: December 26, 2011, 03:59:48 am »

I'm wondering what I should get. I'm looking for a game on steam that has replayability, preferably a strategy game. Any suggestions?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40400/
AI war
Seconding this very much. It's basically a co-op (up to 8 ) against 2 AIs (you can go singleplayer, if you want). Guerrilla war style (though an expansion let's you change that).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:33:34 am by ECrownofFire »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 26, 2011, 04:32:30 am »

Try the demo of ai wars first...

I found it lack luster, itīs only a AI that admits it cheats and always has just that bit more then you to keep it hard and challenging... and if you have to literally work several  hours on your victory over the cheating bastard, knowing you should have been done a hour ago... I didnīt get all that much of a kick out of that, honestly.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 26, 2011, 06:48:48 am »

So got M&B Fire and Sword, AI War: Fleet Command bundle, STALKER: Call of Priyat and not to mention a few games off GoG and the Humble Indie Bundle.

I'm all set for the new year :D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 26, 2011, 08:30:41 am »

So got M&B Fire and Sword, AI War: Fleet Command bundle, STALKER: Call of Priyat and not to mention a few games off GoG and the Humble Indie Bundle.

I'm all set for the new year :D
I'm set for about 3.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 26, 2011, 08:32:36 am »

Indeed, I've still got games from the first winter sale that I haven't had a chance to play yet.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 26, 2011, 10:24:41 am »

~10 games from GoG, XCOM complete pack from GamersGate (only a little more than 1 USD, grab it if you haven't already, its base price is much cheaper than Steam's, and is on 66% off unlike Steam's 50% off), all the X3 games including AP, Payday: The Heist, E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, and the Humble Indie Bundles.

I'm even more set for a new year.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 26, 2011, 11:05:51 am »

If I had more money, I'd be getting ALL the games I've not had a chance to play that I wish I had...

As it is, Fallout 3, Oblivion (I'm too poor for Skyrim), and the STALKER pack will need to suffice.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 26, 2011, 01:20:21 pm »

I wonder how long it will take the internet to figure out what game the 'mystery achievement' is. Someone probably already has by the time you're reading this.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 26, 2011, 01:26:42 pm »

New deals...no must-buys. I am on the fence re: Arkham Asylum.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 26, 2011, 01:31:54 pm »

Bastion is on sale; just a bit over $5 currently. I've been looking at it for a while, but I'm not sure if I actually like it. Is it more of a game, or an interactive adventure story?

I wonder how long it will take the internet to figure out what game the 'mystery achievement' is. Someone probably already has by the time you're reading this.
What mystery achievement?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 26, 2011, 02:16:10 pm »

Try the demo of ai wars first...

I found it lack luster, itīs only a AI that admits it cheats and always has just that bit more then you to keep it hard and challenging... and if you have to literally work several  hours on your victory over the cheating bastard, knowing you should have been done a hour ago... I didnīt get all that much of a kick out of that, honestly.

That was what I concluded too; it was a bit disappointing.  I'd heard wonderful things about how it's an AI that can beat most human players...then I find out it's mostly because it starts with almost all of the systems, and maps without obstacles mean it just launches bigger and bigger waves until you're overwhelmed.

KG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 26, 2011, 02:24:10 pm »

The idea behind AI Wars is that you need to expand slowly and cautiously, sometimes ignoring enemy systems in between you and a greater prize. Get too aggressive, and the AI will smash you into paste. Warp point defense is a strong part of gameplay, as attacks can and will come from multiple directions at once. And these are the EASIER AIs.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 26, 2011, 02:24:40 pm »

Bastion is on sale; just a bit over $5 currently. I've been looking at it for a while, but I'm not sure if I actually like it. Is it more of a game, or an interactive adventure story?

It is a game, though a highly linear one.  Torchlight would probably be the best comparison as far as general gameplay goes, though Bastion outshines it on all fronts (especially story and music).  I just got it yesterday from a friend, and have already logged 6 hours on it, and I'd say I'm having a pretty good time thusfar.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1134