Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460401 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1635 on: December 23, 2011, 01:31:41 am »

Braid was 98% polish, 1% trolling, 1% substance. Beat it once, never launched again. Great music, though.
Yeah, I wouldn't call it a "quality" game. It is interesting, though, and worth one or two playing sessions.

EDIT: Whoa, it has a 90% rating in metascore/metacritic. What? It looks like the reviewers gave it points for doing things correctly; basically, not making a bad game. Hm...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:36:55 am by Lectorog »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 23, 2011, 01:53:40 am »

Yeah, I don't understand that either. Not being bad should be a basic requirement, not a bonus to be rewarded. No one asked me, though. Sturgeon's Law at its finest I suppose.

/end of derail.

So.... How 'bout them sales? I've decided Space Pirates and Zombies, Starscape, and Realm of the Diggle Gods are too good to pass up.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 23, 2011, 02:02:45 am »

Haven't bought anything for the winter nondenominational holiday sale. I've been so good C:

ME 1&2, Torchlight, and Limbo are tempting me, but it's nothing I can't live without. I'm overloaded with games anyway.

And yeah, Braid, I wasn't impressed, considering all the great things I've heard about it. It was solid, and visually impressive, but wasn't anything special when it came to fun factor.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 23, 2011, 02:07:00 am »

Yeah, Braid was something that I just couldn't get into. It had decent mechanics and the artwork was quite frankly amazing. Like kinseti said though, it just didn't have the fun factor.

OT: There are some deals that tempt me, but I don't have a computer that can run them. Space Marine is one of them, even though it's still a little pricy after the post-shopping debt.

Avadon looks like it might be worth getting. Anyone play it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:38 am »

So, I brought Brink, was annoyed at the stuttering so I updated my drivers.

Now it freezes and the stuttering is even worse. Fucking yay >.>
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 23, 2011, 08:43:18 am »

Looking at Orcs Must Die! Got my eye on it. Contemplating purchasing Orcs Must Die!  etc.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 23, 2011, 09:33:25 am »

At least it didn't break your computer so you had to do a system restore (happened to a friend, not me).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 23, 2011, 10:33:46 am »

Haven't bought anything for the winter nondenominational holiday sale. I've been so good C:

ME 1&2, Torchlight, and Limbo are tempting me, but it's nothing I can't live without. I'm overloaded with games anyway.

And yeah, Braid, I wasn't impressed, considering all the great things I've heard about it. It was solid, and visually impressive, but wasn't anything special when it came to fun factor.
LIMBO is fun. It's a nice artsy adventure, and longer than I expected. I'm only halfway done as of yet.

And I liked Braid. I found it to be very fun, but very short and a little too easy. However, it definitely impressed me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1643 on: December 23, 2011, 11:03:43 am »

I don't know if I would call limbo "fun" except in the dwarven meaning of the word.

But its probably worth the couple bucks just for the experience.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 23, 2011, 11:04:53 am »

LIMBO nice
How the hell can you put Limbo and nice on the same line? From what I've seen, it isn't very nice at all.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1645 on: December 23, 2011, 11:13:35 am »

Why would you even think about buying Brink? Much less actually buy it.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 23, 2011, 11:36:26 am »

Because I actually enjoyed playing the game on my friends PS3 and figured i'd actually own it.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 23, 2011, 11:51:19 am »

LIMBO nice
How the hell can you put Limbo and nice on the same line? From what I've seen, it isn't very nice at all.
Because I like artsy adventures. Unless you're talking about what happens in the game... Because that's another story. Getting skewered by spiders is not very nice.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 23, 2011, 04:27:14 pm »

LIMBO nice
Because I like artsy adventures. Unless you're talking about what happens in the game... Because that's another story. Getting skewered by spiders is not very nice.
Yes, I was talking about the horrific death and creepiness.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 24, 2011, 01:44:02 pm »

So, a lot of Tom Clancy games just went on sale.

I don't care much for Rainbow Six. I played it and it feels too much like playing armchair sergeant or whatever. Like a football coach drawing plays on a blackboard.

So, I want to ask, from the remaining games, which ones are really cool must haves? HAWX looks like a generic flightsim (and yeah, throwing military-grade ordnance all over heavy populated cities just seems like a good idea), I heard good things about splinter cell pandora tomorrow but never actually played (something about shooting lightbulbs and wall-clinging ala Spiderman). What about Ghost Recon?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 1134