Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460157 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1440 on: November 25, 2011, 10:38:34 am »

Aaaaaaaaaw, SCREW IT! Fallout: New Vegas is 5 bucks right now, and not too much more + expansions either. Better than Portal 2's previous price. Don't have long to order it though.

EDIT:
Looking at the total price, even as a sale, is cutting it closer than I would like. I'm hoping a GOTY package would be made already like with FO3. You know what? I'll wait until the Christmas sale. Give myself a little more time to accumulate funds.

Plus, I'm still not even close to finished with FO3's expansion packs. I think I can wait.
16 bucks is too much for you? shit i remember grabbing the Borderlands GOTY for my ps3 for 20 bucks, then went to another store and they charged 35, told them to screw off.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1441 on: November 25, 2011, 11:19:20 am »

Aaaaaaaaaw, SCREW IT! Fallout: New Vegas is 5 bucks right now, and not too much more + expansions either. Better than Portal 2's previous price. Don't have long to order it though.

EDIT:
Looking at the total price, even as a sale, is cutting it closer than I would like. I'm hoping a GOTY package would be made already like with FO3. You know what? I'll wait until the Christmas sale. Give myself a little more time to accumulate funds.

Plus, I'm still not even close to finished with FO3's expansion packs. I think I can wait.
16 bucks is too much for you? shit i remember grabbing the Borderlands GOTY for my ps3 for 20 bucks, then went to another store and they charged 35, told them to screw off.
My issue is that my income comes and goes from time to time, and sometimes I don't get all that much one week or another, and just when I do get some income, someone needs to borrow it from me or I need to pay a bill as soon as it arrives. So I almost never have any chance anymore to really get anything for myself. I'm sorta redlining it as is, so I'm taking the safe path and actually going to not spend this sale season; unless I get enough for the Christmas sale which can bring this opportunity up again. That's what I'm counting on at least.

It's only 3-4 weeks after all. Plenty of opportunity to build up.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:21:51 am by Itnetlolor »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 25, 2011, 11:43:51 am »

Does anyone here know anything of "Children of the Nile," and its expansion? I've always eyed it, and it's on sale now...

How's the gameplay, and how in-depth can you go?

It's like a crap version of SimCity melded with a crap version of Age Of Empires. The first game. Tons of micromanaging, really bad AI, oh and if you ever get into a battle expect to be crushed no matter what you do.

Don't waste your money.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 25, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 25, 2011, 01:05:57 pm »

Serious Sam HD for 3 dollars! This is crazy and you should buy it! Don't even think just do it. Best crazy over the top violence I've had in a long long time!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 25, 2011, 01:19:38 pm »

What's in your shopping carts? So far I have:

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
Geneforge Saga

and I'm tempted to get the aforementioned Serious Sam HD pack. Three dollars is a pretty good bargain for two games.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 25, 2011, 01:28:07 pm »

Today I have nothing.  I went on a buying spree the first two days though and got 12 - 15 games.  Mostly 75% off ones or ones at 2.50 or under.

I figure there won't be much else I'll get until the last day, at which I'll probably pick up Binding of Issac, Pirates of Black Cove and maybe Sequence + Arx Fatalis.

I'm kind of still hoping for daily deals on Dino D-Day and Rock of Ages though.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 25, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »

I don't really see anything worth getting today either, which surprises me black friday and all, though I guess they are basically stretching black friday out over the weekend.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 25, 2011, 02:57:30 pm »

Since I currently have no money, I'm just waiting until the Christmas sales - which, unlike this sale, are AFTER my birthday and associated phat lewts.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 25, 2011, 03:08:57 pm »

Yay, bought a new laptop. Now...to wait till Christmas as well.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:43 pm »

I really haven't seen anything worth getting that I didn't already have.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 25, 2011, 08:17:08 pm »

I really haven't seen anything worth getting that I didn't already have.

Same. I'm hoping for some more exciting deals towards the end of it. Otherwise hey, the Christmas sale is pretty soon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 25, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »

This is their Black Friday response. But it's small potatoes compared to the Christmas sale.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 26, 2011, 09:48:51 am »

I look at a lot of these Steam sales as akin to "amnesty offers" for traffickers of less-than-legal software. Now I can finally make an honest woman(?) out of my copy of EU III.  :P

Now I just need Stardock to do the same for Demigod, and I'll have legitimated almost all of the games I play with any regularity.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 26, 2011, 02:03:54 pm »

Anybody want in on a 4-pack of Payday? Bought a 4 pack because I figured people would want them (either now or later), and for $2.50 cheaper that's not bad. Worst case I could always sell them for $7.50 a pop after the sale ends.

2 left, PM me!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1134