Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459927 times)

Rakuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1260 on: November 08, 2011, 07:33:26 pm »

I second lemon.
If you are going to get AI war (an excellent game in my opinion) be sure to grab the alien bundle.
Its not advertised on the main page, but it includes the base game and expansions at the same rate off.

I seem to remember that there is a thread on it somewhere on this board.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 08, 2011, 07:36:28 pm »

I have it, but ended up never playing it because I tend to get obsessed and paranoid about not being detected, and it's apparently impossible to do.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 08, 2011, 08:26:51 pm »

How good is ARMA and does it have any single-player component?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 08, 2011, 09:30:17 pm »

How good is ARMA and does it have any single-player component?

It's excellent as far as hitting a balance between shooters and military simulators.  If you like the Battlefield games, you'll probably like ArmA.  It does have a single player campaign, both the original and the Operation Arrowhead campaigns, but they're rather notoriously buggy.  If you're only getting it for singleplayer, I probably wouldn't recommend it.  If you're interested in squad tactics, though, there's a thriving community, including several clans that do full-up milsims.

If you want to try before you buy, there is a free to play version on the Bohemia Interactive website.  No hi-poly textures, no singleplayer, and no mods, but it'll let you give the multiplayer a try.

You should also be warned that it is easily the most demanding game on the market, both on your graphics and your processor, since it does not do hitscan style weapons.  Every round fired has fully simulated ballistics.  Framerates of 20-35 are considered decent, although engine improvements in OA helped somewhat.

KG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 09, 2011, 02:56:20 am »

I asked about the singleplayer because I have shittacular internet. Multiplayer is what I want but it's also what I can't have (same as why I no longer play Global Agenda or League of Legends) so I guess I won't be grabbing ArmA.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 09, 2011, 03:07:39 am »

Skyrim is $53 on Direct2Drive.

Why am I posting this here? because it gives you a steam key as steamworks is needed for Skyrim. So that saves $6 off the base price at least.

http://www.direct2drive.com/3/11413/product/Buy-The-Elder-Scrolls-V:-Skyrim-Download?hph

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 09, 2011, 06:20:48 am »

Why am I posting this here? because it gives you a steam key as steamworks is needed for Skyrim. So that saves $6 off the base price at least.

http://www.direct2drive.com/3/11413/product/Buy-The-Elder-Scrolls-V:-Skyrim-Download?hph

Why does it code $6 less for you on d2d and yet for me it's £5 cheaper on steam.
Regional pricing is getting silly.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 09, 2011, 09:03:20 am »

I second lemon.
If you are going to get AI war (an excellent game in my opinion) be sure to grab the alien bundle.
Its not advertised on the main page, but it includes the base game and expansions at the same rate off.

I seem to remember that there is a thread on it somewhere on this board.
I'd get it, but I have weird payment issues here in Europe and I can't use a legit credit card without a certain code it doesn't have, or one from the US.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 09, 2011, 09:06:05 am »

you can usually use 000 for the code it is asking for, if your card does not have one.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #1269 on: November 09, 2011, 10:13:30 am »

Stop tempting me!

I promised myself I'd never buy another $50+ game again! Much less one that's not even out yet!

...dangit.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 09, 2011, 07:44:18 pm »

Every time i actually think about it pre purchasing seems like the dumbest idea on earth, but every time i do it, i think ive been smart.  Human nature  WTF..... really
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 10, 2011, 05:33:56 am »

Every time i actually think about it pre purchasing seems like the dumbest idea on earth, but every time i do it, i think ive been smart.  Human nature  WTF..... really

Things you've invested money into always seem smarter after you've done it :) Human nature is awesome stuff.
Also the reason micro payments work so well.....
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:22 am »

Things you've invested money into always seem smarter after you've done it :) Human nature is awesome stuff.
Yep, you don't want to feel like your investment was wasted.  The same thing happens when you buy a car, a certain fruit computer, a particular phone, house, or you vote for someone.  People get really defensive about purchases/choices they've made.

It's a rare occasion when you buy something and think it's total crap.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:22 am »

Yep, you don't want to feel like your investment was wasted.  The same thing happens when you buy a car, a certain fruit computer, a particular phone, house, or you vote for someone.  People get really defensive about purchases/choices they've made.

It's a rare occasion when you buy something and think it's total crap.

Here's looking at you, Spore.  Oh why did I pre-order...

KG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 10, 2011, 12:55:38 pm »

So many sales have been going through steam, meaning less cost for making disks and no second hand market. Yet they don't drop the average price of games. Discuss  :)
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1134