Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459936 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1215 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »

Well, I'm pissed. The complete mod didn't fix the horrible bug I have.

Basically, the game crashes, and when trying to open up task manager, I get this error.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Before, this was followed by my computer getting that horrible corrupt graphics look where the pixels seem to inflate to 50 times their size and you are forced to shut down your computer. But the mod seems to have fixed that part, but not the crashing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 31, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »

Well, I'm pissed. The complete mod didn't fix the horrible bug I have.

Basically, the game crashes, and when trying to open up task manager, I get this error.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Before, this was followed by my computer getting that horrible corrupt graphics look where the pixels seem to inflate to 50 times their size and you are forced to shut down your computer. But the mod seems to have fixed that part, but not the crashing.
updated Catalyst or ForceWare drivers?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 31, 2011, 11:15:36 pm »

My drivers are updates but I may have found the problem. Seems that it is using 1.3 million memory when running, and continues to increase, so I think I'm going over my limit. But I expected to see a memory error.

Anyone know if this massive memory usage is normal and/or how to fix it?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 31, 2011, 11:23:26 pm »

Before, this was followed by my computer getting that horrible corrupt graphics look where the pixels seem to inflate to 50 times their size and you are forced to shut down your computer.
99% of the time that's related to drivers or your GPU itself.  Disregarding the fact that it's supposedly slowed (not removed!  You just don't see it before the game crashes!) by the mod, I'd suspect the problem has nothing to do with the game in the first place.
Might be wise to update your drivers; if that doesn't help, you may want to look into testing a different graphics card, or running some other tests (like stress testing, for example -- benchmarking programs are good for this, and their nature will quickly cause your GPU to fail if it is indeed problematic, but if you're on a laptop, this would probably be a quick way to generate an ill-advised amount of heat as well)

If you're on a laptop...  Well, that sucks, but that's the grit of why laptop manufacturers, with the exception of Alienware, who cater solely to people with absolutely absurd amounts of cash, don't market towards gamers.
Apparently some allow you to replace the graphics chip.  But I wouldn't count on that under any circumstances.

EDIT: "1.3 million memory" doesn't say much.  I'll assume you mean kilobytes (KB, or sometimes represented with just the K), which doesn't mean much of anything.  That's 1.3 GB, which is STILL nowhere close to the 2GB limit for programs on 32-bit architectures.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:29:49 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 31, 2011, 11:57:27 pm »

The funny thing, is that when I first started playing the game, it was fine. Max settings no problems. The further I get into the game, the more lag, then it started freezing for a couple of seconds at a time, and now it just freezes completely.

I don't see the connection with graphics.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 01, 2011, 12:26:38 am »

I had the same problem with my old laptop when I was trying to play Half-Life 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004 (and the original unreal tournament!). I don't know what causes it.

Edit: Just so I can pretend I'm a contributing member of the forum, I've got two guest passes for Killing Floor that expire at the end of November. First come, first served.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:34:56 am by MantisMan »
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 01, 2011, 12:30:36 am »

when your laptop starts heating up it will start throttling your cpu (and if existent) gpu to hold back the heat and give the fan a bit of a break instead of hauling ass.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:36 am »

My drivers are updates but I may have found the problem. Seems that it is using 1.3 million memory when running, and continues to increase, so I think I'm going over my limit. But I expected to see a memory error.

1.3 megabytes? That's not so bad! :P

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 01, 2011, 07:28:04 am »

Micro, what are your specs? I suspect that is where the issue is.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 01, 2011, 08:59:04 am »

Well, there are worse people to accidently give 30 dollars than charity... if you REALLY wanted you could probably ask for it back and say it was an accident. But then you'd be THAT guy.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:54 am »

So I bought the CoP+SoC pack, and to my dismay, I can't center the window in CoP like I could in SoC and CS (adding "-center_screen" to the launch parameters), and I would be really, really grateful to anyone who can tell me how to center my window in CoP.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 01, 2011, 11:47:57 am »

Come again?

What exactly are you trying to do?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 01, 2011, 12:15:06 pm »

Micro, what are your specs? I suspect that is where the issue is.

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz (2CPUs), 2046MB RAM, page file: 1079MB used 2859 MB available, directX
version 9.0c

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3600, driver is ati2dvag.dll

And apparently I have 74GB of space on my hard drive with only half of it used up.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:26 pm »

First, Pentium 4 is not a dualcore, thats the hyperthreading tech which makes the cpu process 2 threads at the same time making a ghost core. ATI HD3600, thats a integrated chip, basically this chip doesn't got power especially for STALKER. This is old bro, cpu you can get away with due to the clock speed but that integrated chip blows.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 01, 2011, 12:45:54 pm »

What would you suggest I replace the chip with? Something that can run a decent amount of modern games and has a good (lowest) price.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1134