Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459720 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1050 on: October 08, 2011, 09:14:27 am »

I would advise getting it on a console, what it was made for, if you can.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 08, 2011, 10:21:57 am »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105414/

WHAT A STEAL

Lol, I had that picture as my desktop background for a while because I thought it was so hilarious when it was released.

I laughed pretty good too. Is Fable 3 worth it? I am tempted to get it, but I was so mad about the death system in Fable 2 I wrote #3 off.

The first half of Fable 3 is fine. The second half is boring. I stopped playing.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 08, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »

I would advise getting it on a console, what it was made for, if you can.

Or... get a gamepad and play it on PC.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 08, 2011, 01:13:01 pm »

I have it for the 360. After killing Lucien in Fable II, I played through the introductory part of Fable III and haven't really played any farther, but I'm pretty disappointed in the way they got rid of the menus entirely and replaced them with a frakking walk-in fortress. There isn't even a save and exit option anymore. You have to save and then, what, kill the game? The XBox 360 isn't a commodore 64, so I find that disturbing. They also dumbed down a lot of other things, from what I could tell.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 09, 2011, 08:32:46 pm »

Space Siege is 75% off today but I heard it's crap.

Both IGN and GameSpot agree it's crap, so either it's really bad or they didn't have enough money to bribe the IGN reviewers to get 97% or whatever.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 09, 2011, 08:51:05 pm »

I played Space Siege quite some time ago. My PC was pretty crap at the time, so I disposed of it. From what I remember, it basically is just Dungeon Siege in space.

Speaking of which, my experience wasn't exactly horrible and I've got a better computer. Purchasing.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:16 pm »

THQ Week. Today Metro 2033 for $5. Whole pack for about $50 (I don't care about most of these games tho, no intention of playing RTS online so I have no use for "legit" CoH, etc... Red Faction isn't bad tho, maybe it'll be 75% off this week also).

I hear Metro is kinda cool but has problems - with performance, difficulty, or bugs, I dunno. A friend at work said it was a really cool game or something but well, what does he know.

So anyone here who can put his/her two cents would be appreciated.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 10, 2011, 09:58:27 pm »

Metro 2033 is a very solid FPS with great graphics, atmosphere and stroyline. The gunplay is a bit genetic and the game without being on the "Ranger" settings is pretty damn boring.

Preformance will be fine if you have a good rig, this is all about the eye candy. The game has this fetish about motion blur that is so over done and terrible (when has motion blur ever been good?) that I had to turn it down from DX 11 to DX 10 so it wouldn't be too bad.
The game is linear as hell but it uses it to expand the universe and charactors and you can still get a couple playthroughs. Steath was done rather well and can be quite fun.

All in all a great buy for 5 bucks. It apparently also uses steamworks now which is only a good thing.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 10, 2011, 10:04:03 pm »

I read in a review that stealth wasn't very good, that basically once one guard was alerted of an attack, everyone else knew instantly exactly where you were and rushed at you. (no need to actually look for you) How true is that?

GameSpot's isn't as pessimistic, which is quite a change.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 10, 2011, 10:31:27 pm »

If one guard is alerted of an attack he will yell to alert the closet allies or they will run to activate an alert bell. If taken down before that they cannot alert any of their friends.
The stealth system is very unforgiving but it's also rewarding, often letting you breeze through some of the hardest fights in the game with a mountain of ammo.

Stealth usally revolve around following guard pattens, avoiding traps and killing unaware guards in the right places. It can be quite fun to get all the timing down. Also at any time you screw up the stealth you can just pull out your AK and go to town. There is no massive penalty and no forced stealth sections.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:33:05 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:58 am »

Wow, that THQ pack is damn awesome. For $50 I got 13 games that I'd wanted for a while. Steam is the best thing ever.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #1061 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29:36 am »

Jagged Alliance 2: Worth it for $6.80?

I've never played any of the Jagged Alliance games, but I've heard good things about them.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 12, 2011, 09:30:54 am »

if you like turn based strategy squad management games it's one of the better series.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 12, 2011, 09:31:20 am »

I've never played any of the Jagged Alliance games, but I've heard good things about them.

I prefer it to XCOM.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 12, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

I'd say it's worth it.

If you buy it, don't forget to install fan-made 1.13 patch. (Or a mod, whatever you wish to call it)
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 1134