Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459700 times)

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1020 on: September 30, 2011, 11:47:58 pm »

is Bloodbowl fun singleplayer?

Hmm I played quite a few hours of it so I can't really say it's bad but it could have been much better. It really feels like playing multiplayer but against a bot(not a very good one at that). But frankly for 8 bucks I'd say go for it.

When I think about it I can't help but feel it could have been an awesome game if:
1)They hadn't wasted ressources doing the "real time" part of it(nobody plays it and it's just bad).
2)They had focused on providing a stronger single player experience.
3)They had more money for the audio commentaries, they are rather good but there are so few of them that they repeat themselves very quickly.

They added an advanced mode that permits to personalize the armor of your players, adds doping and plenty of good ideas.It sounds great until you find out that if you want that, you also have to take the additional rule of player leaving after a few matches because of "aging"...

Well for 8 bucks it's still worth it imo.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 01, 2011, 12:12:22 am »

is Bloodbowl fun singleplayer?

It is for me. I haven't played the multiplayer all that much, but I've put a good 40+ hours into the single player.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 03, 2011, 10:59:02 pm »

Ok, just reporting that the Transformer game was a lot of fun, not hugely replayable I guess but the action was tight, the bosses were annoying (as they should be) and the ending theme song was composed by none other than Stan Bush of "The Movie" fame :)

And lots of robots coming out of Bumblebee's clown car. The multiplayer part is alright but everyone seems to like to play Deathmatch almost exclusively, despite having campaign coop and coop survival ("Escalation").

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 05, 2011, 11:28:44 am »

Probably not the right place for this, but is it a good idea to mod a game in steam? Is it a bannable offense in any way?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 05, 2011, 11:32:27 am »

Probably not the right place for this, but is it a good idea to mod a game in steam? Is it a bannable offense in any way?

They have entire pages in the store dedicated to mods...Source is probably one of the most moddable game engines out today.  You're good.

KG

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1025 on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:08 am »

Note that some games on steam are harder to mod then their non-steam alternatives, though many mods work fine.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 05, 2011, 11:54:45 am »

I've run mods on a lot of my steam games with no issues.
However I imagine any mod that alters original files (which is rarer with modern mods) will cause the validation system to re-download the original.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 05, 2011, 11:55:12 am »

If you modify a DLL and try to play multiplayer on a VAC protected server, VAC will probably ban your account.
Other than that, almost anything goes.

Oh, it's probably also worth mentioning that I've never heard of a successful VAC ban appeal.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 05, 2011, 02:06:40 pm »

There is only a select few games that acutally use VAC and those that do support modding (Valve MP games, Killing Floor and a few othes). The only games that come to mind that don't support modding are the abortions that were the recent Call of Duty games.

It's pretty hard to be VAC banned without cheating. The only time I know of a semi-legit modding attempt that caused bans was a mod for the Goldsrc engine which modified .dlls.  Note that the players only got banned after connecting to a multiplayer game with the modfied .ddls. This cannot happen in the new Source engine since mods use their own files and resources.

P.S. Hack and use trainers all you want in single player. Only multiplayer servers are connected to VAC.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:21:41 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 05, 2011, 05:29:07 pm »

I have 12$, and I don't know what to do with it. Anyone here have any suggestions? Im open to pretty much any game type as long as its good.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 05, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »

Binding of Isaac. And you'll still have enough left for a cheeseburger.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 05, 2011, 05:53:17 pm »

I have 12$, and I don't know what to do with it. Anyone here have any suggestions? Im open to pretty much any game type as long as its good.

Hector - Badge of Carnage.
It's a point&click, in fact the best one I've played since Day Of The Tentacle(currently at -50% on steam for 10 euros)...
Watch the trailer before though, you may not adhere to the humor of the thing, I personally love it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 05, 2011, 05:56:30 pm »

Well, I just got Binding of Isaac and its downloading now. That leaves me with around seven dollars.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 05, 2011, 06:01:35 pm »

Well, I just got Binding of Isaac and its downloading now. That leaves me with around seven dollars.

Consider dropping it into the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle.  Pay $0.01, and get three games.  Pay more than $4.68 and get six + a preorder + a tech demo.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 05, 2011, 06:01:58 pm »

Consider dropping it into the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle.  Pay $0.01, and get three games.  Pay more than $4.68 and get six + a preorder + a tech demo.
Already dropped ten bucks into it :D
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1134