Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459601 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #945 on: August 26, 2011, 10:06:54 pm »

If memory serves, running into Bonehead (the guy next to fyrestone) pops up a message saying to check his level and if it's too high, come back later. Probably not the best tutorial but I think it's a training thing to get players to check mob levels.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 26, 2011, 10:12:54 pm »

Yeah, I went up against Bonehead, even after doing all the other stuff, and found him moderately difficult. But managed to snipe him a few times and kill him after a few deaths
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 26, 2011, 10:58:49 pm »

IIRC, he was level 7, I was level 5, or somewhere close. There wasn't a big difference - he didn't have a skull next to it, or whatever was supposed to show someone too difficult for you.
All the same, it's just wrong to put something so inanely hard that early in the game. Definitely a negative point.
I've played the game since then. It's pretty fun if you want a mindless shoot-and-collect, driving through all your enemies (often literally).
I think it's about on level with Call of Duty, but that's a "shun the avid fans" level for me. Note: I've played all the recent games, and enjoy them occasionally, as with Borderlands.

On topic, I'd recommend Counter-Strike: Source for anyone who doesn't have it. CS:S + Gmod = many, many hours of (user-created) fun, and now for only... well, somewhere in the $6 range. The newest update slightly broke Steam for me.
Both are worth buying at full price, and now they're highly discounted - get the pair! I recommend this because Garry's Mod is supposed to be best with CS:S, as that's where things like TTT draw most of their textures, etc. from. So I've heard, and practiced flawlessly.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 26, 2011, 11:07:25 pm »

Hah.. you want insanely hard, EQ put griffins in the newby area (level 35 if I remember) in an area designed for level 10ish.  You'd die if they hit you.  No questions.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 27, 2011, 12:11:57 pm »

Huh. CS:S at 75% off only drops to $5? I still wouldn't buy it for that price. To me it's just a DLC pack for GMod, and I wouldn't pay more than $1 for it... CS:S itself is worthless to me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 28, 2011, 01:22:03 am »

Bone Head is level eleven, if you were level five that explains your problems.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 04, 2011, 04:38:13 am »

Stop derailing my damn thread, bring back those steam deals you cheap bastards >_>

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 05, 2011, 10:10:11 am »

So... The Call of Duty games are still on sale, although it doesn't seem very interesting.

There's also this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/16720/?snr=1_4_4__43
Which, from the screenshots, have one of the worst camera screws that I've seen in a good time.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 07, 2011, 11:24:42 am »

Cloning Clyde is on sale for less than $2.00. That said, I have no idea if it is as good as it sounds, because the bloody thing crashes at launch.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 07, 2011, 08:36:41 pm »

Hmm, I've got 6 guest passes to Booster Trooper if anybody wants to try it out.  They all expire 07-Oct-2011.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 07, 2011, 09:01:46 pm »

I remember playing a demo of a game a VERY long time ago called "Monkey Brains". Can't find it now, but it had a lot of game mechanics SUSPICIOUSLY similar to Cloning Clyde. And better (2D) graphics.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 07, 2011, 10:22:42 pm »

Hmm, I've got 6 guest passes to Booster Trooper if anybody wants to try it out.  They all expire 07-Oct-2011.

I would like one if you still have it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 08, 2011, 12:06:37 am »

I would like one if you still have it.

Yeah, I still have them all.  I added you to my friends list, I'll send the pass in the morning(looks like I can't send it to people not on my list).
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 08, 2011, 01:28:35 am »

I've been looking at my profile and noticed that I still have a spare copy of Frozen Synapse sitting around thanks to a no-good welching "friend", so I bring to you this special offer:

I may have been gypped but you don't have to be, since you may have my second copy of Frozen Synapse for $15 worth of stuff from my wishlist, saving you an astounding $10 off the standard price! I may even throw in my mysterious spare copy of Puzzle Agent if you are interested in that game at no extra charge.

In the interests of fairness, you should not buy anything prior to verifying with me that I still have the spare copy. If you too have ungifted games you are looking to get rid of I will consider your offer, but I only promise acceptance for wishlisted items. Lastly, I would prefer to get the X-Com complete pack instead of individual games, but Steam unfortunately denies me the ability to wishlist bundles.

EDIT: Sold.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:37:15 pm by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #959 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:07 am »

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. PM me here or message me at Steam (Fishbreath there, too) with whichever $15 of games you'd prefer.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1134