Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459599 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #930 on: August 26, 2011, 11:44:03 am »

I think I know the place. You were supposed to kick his ass using your vehicle, or a rocket launcher.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:13 am »

You probably just had shit guns tbh.
I guess you could just dismiss it as bad equipment. I had the best guns I'd found up to that point though and they worked fine for everything else.

I think I know the place. You were supposed to kick his ass using your vehicle, or a rocket launcher.
No, it was inside a level transition which you couldn't bring the vehicle.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2011, 11:57:37 am »

Hmmm. Maybe it was bone crusher. He was kind of a pain. Although he was sort of oddly difficult for that game. Most boss fights were a lot easier.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #933 on: August 26, 2011, 11:58:42 am »

That's the thing, it wasn't a boss. It was just some very large standard mob. The bosses weren't a problem, but I would run into these maniac guys who took almost no damage and had ridiculous health.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:37 pm »

That's the thing, it wasn't a boss. It was just some very large standard mob. The bosses weren't a problem, but I would run into these maniac guys who took almost no damage and had ridiculous health.

Weird. Never had anyone quite that hard. Even the nastier normal mobs usually went down pretty fast from a clip of bullets to the head.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 26, 2011, 03:10:11 pm »

Worst fight in Borderlands was the stupid giant bird. Here! Shoot thing you cant look up high enough to see!

Overall it was a decent game. With 75% off it is a great buy.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 26, 2011, 06:01:02 pm »

Weird. Never had anyone quite that hard. Even the nastier normal mobs usually went down pretty fast from a clip of bullets to the head.
Badasses have a ton of health compared to their buddies.
But that's the point.
He was either too low level (your damage scales quite dramatically depending on the level difference between you and your target) against a badass (BA = several levels up, iirc), or he had crap guns.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 26, 2011, 06:27:55 pm »

Furthering the Borderlands derail... it was a damn good time. I might even fire it up again in a few minutes. I'd say the worst though is Roland trying to solo Moxxi's Underdome at 69, it just seems like I didn't have enough recovery/escape to do it, no matter what spec/COM i tried.

More than worth the discounted price though, IMO.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 26, 2011, 07:47:12 pm »

Not exactly a steam sale per say but I stumbled on a decent deal for the new Deus Ex (which I have personally been thoroughly pleased with) with a free bonus copy of Just Cause 2. Still cost the whole $50 for Deus Ex but it's a decent perk if you were going to buy it anyway. Might not be the best deal overall, I saw some places selling it for $35 but that was before the release date and don't know if you can still find it that cheap.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #939 on: August 26, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »

He was either too low level (your damage scales quite dramatically depending on the level difference between you and your target) against a badass (BA = several levels up, iirc), or he had crap guns.
Then I'd have to point this out as poor game design. I played the game through doing each mission, I didn't go out of my way to advance quickly nor did I avoid side missions or other fights. If I advance through the content at the rate it is presented to me and I am not the correct level of experience or equipment to experience the next bit of content that I am presented with when ALL THE REST INCLUDING THE BOSSES are just fine, well that is poor design and balancing.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 26, 2011, 08:01:38 pm »

Then I'd have to point this out as poor game design. I played the game through doing each mission, I didn't go out of my way to advance quickly nor did I avoid side missions or other fights. If I advance through the content at the rate it is presented to me and I am not the correct level of experience or equipment to experience the next bit of content that I am presented with when ALL THE REST INCLUDING THE BOSSES are just fine, well that is poor design and balancing.

Honestly I'm sure a few of us are curious what you ran into and would gladly help you out on whatever it was, but your description of the event doesn't help me identify even where you were when you found whatever you couldn't kill. So no, there's no way to know if you were in a high level area, trying a red-level quest when you shouldn't have been, fighting a mob improperly, got an unlucky loot drop and badass spawn, or what. You might have a hard time convincing me that a game I played quite a few hours has some serious balance issues I've never encountered though. Probably same with the rest of us.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:03 pm »

What darkmere said.

I actually quite disliked the game for several reasons, but I was impressed with how well balanced it was.  It does sound like you either went into a high level area before you could cope with it or took on a mission out of your league.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #942 on: August 26, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »

Let's table this derail for now.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 26, 2011, 08:42:55 pm »

Bought Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II when it was $30. I've only played a little so far, but it's awesome. I don't like standard RTS games, but Dawn of War II is really fun. (I have StarCraft II, but haven't played it more than a few hours.)

Borderlands: Boring. I got GOTY for $15 or $20 a while back, but I wouldn't say it's even worth $7.49. It's an unusual game in a few respects, but overall very standard, monotonous. Drive around, shoot stuff. The art style looks interesting, but gets very dull after a bit.

Spoiler: Derail (click to show/hide)

Anyway, Steam sales are pretty great. I've gotten some great games I wouldn't have otherwise. (STALKER, for example.) I frown upon them for tempting me to spend money on poor games, though.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 26, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »

Lectorog that is a the last quest in that area, but the game gives it to you before you are prepared for it. If you do the rest of the quests in that area first, he isn't that hard. It is counter intuitive though. Regardless, you didn't get to experience much of the game it seems, which is too bad. Glad you are enjoying War40k2 though.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1134