Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459489 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #810 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:34 pm »

I just kind of regret the format. The game is great fun, but I have a hard time getting anyone motivated to play it once we beat the campaign. Challenges are good for 10 to 20 mins.....but for how fun Magicka is, I wish it had more longevity.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:20 pm »

Magicka broke for me. I got an update for it and suddenly couldn't play it anymore. Then i wasn't able to download it from steam after uninstalling it, it keeps saying the server is busy but it isn't.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 13, 2011, 12:56:10 am »

You shoulda been there for release....buggy barely even begins to describe the game then.

We still have some people who randomly crash/lock with Magicka. Fun, when you don't have problems.

Much as it pains me to admit, I do like some console ports (Mass Effect comes to mind) because they actually release bug free.

Not to derail the topic, but Mass Effect on consoles was just as horribly buggy as Mass Effect on PC (much like every Bioware game). I ran into my first game-breaking bug on Mass Effect for the 360 within 5 minutes of starting the game (the stuck on the bridge bug), and had to load from a save due to being stuck in terrain about a dozen times during my playthrough.

In my book console games are just as buggy as PC games at release now because the developers have gotten lazy and figure they can just patch anything that comes up. To make things worse, there's no way to apply fan patches or ini modifications to get around the bugs in the interim, and console devs take their sweet time bringing out patches.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 13, 2011, 01:34:50 am »

Mmmmm derail. Now that I've played multi a bit, it seems like just about all the bugs in Magicka crop up in online play.

I can say that apart from the odd unreal engine oddity I don't recall problems with either mass effect game, except one time where an event failed to trigger, but I can't remember what event or where it was. I played through 5 times, could never make myself go tech in either game.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mirage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 13, 2011, 02:22:41 am »

Alpha Protocol
Atom Zombie Smasher
Bad Company 2 + Vietnam
Deus Ex
Divinity II
Frozen Synapse
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Just Cause 2
Killing Floor
King's Bounty The Legend + Armored Princess
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Monday Night Combat
Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum
Sanctum
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Trine
Warhammer Dawn of War 2 Retribution
X3 Terran Conflict

Wow, looks a lot longer when I write it all out...

Total for all this was only about $110 though.  I love Valve.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 13, 2011, 12:39:16 pm »

This pack of mock-RPGs with "Breath of Death VII" & "Cthulhu Saves the World", both of which look great fun, is on sale for less than $3. I was gonna get Dredmor or whatever, but decided on this instead.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 13, 2011, 01:52:58 pm »

This pack of mock-RPGs with "Breath of Death VII" & "Cthulhu Saves the World", both of which look great fun, is on sale for less than $3. I was gonna get Dredmor or whatever, but decided on this instead.
Crap. More games I want. I think I'll pick up Dredmor, since I'm pretty sure it'll be good for a casual time waster, and wait for opinions on the two indie games. I've got so much stuff to play as it is, even my colossal amount of free time quivers at the thought of it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 13, 2011, 01:55:51 pm »

Crap. More games I want. I think I'll pick up Dredmor, since I'm pretty sure it'll be good for a casual time waster, and wait for opinions on the two indie games. I've got so much stuff to play as it is, even my colossal amount of free time quivers at the thought of it.

Opinion: Only played the skeleton game so far. Can't drag myself away. Too much fun, and too hilarious. Oh, and the level up system is very inventive! Plus there's a hard mode, and a boss attack mode.

Completely worth the approximately ~$1.25 I spent on it.

The only problem is it doesn't really have a wealth of usable items (only one "potion"). Progression is more character and equipment oriented.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:01:33 pm by freeformschooler »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 13, 2011, 02:56:54 pm »

I just didn't see much I was interested in.  My tastes seem to have moved away from AAA to indie.  Also, I really splurged last summer, and the Christmas before that, which filled out my back-catalog.

So I ended up with
  • SpaceChem
  • And Yet It Moves
  • Hammerfight
  • Greed Corp
  • Lume
For a total of $14.95.

Two weeks before the sale, I picked up FEAR Complete Pack on weekend discount, and threw in Terraria on impulse.  I don't regret paying full price for Terraria.  It's the only game I've been playing, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 13, 2011, 03:01:08 pm »

I bought an obscene amount of games. Lots of really good indie titles were 50-75% off the whole week, so mostly those, but they killed me when they put Portal 2 and Fallout New Vegas on sale the last two days.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 13, 2011, 03:06:54 pm »

Eh, I got Shogun 2
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 13, 2011, 03:07:02 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, I'd have likely missed those two otherwise.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 13, 2011, 03:09:40 pm »

I got the paradox pack, had a bunch of games that I wanted, a bunch that looked cool, and saved 90% off of them all.... Of course I realized, that maybe I would never find the time to play all of these games.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 13, 2011, 08:10:24 pm »

I missed my chance for Shogun 2. I was holding out for a better deal and blew it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 13, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »

I missed my chance for Shogun 2. I was holding out for a better deal and blew it.

Next time it's got a decent sale on, (and assuming I have cash at the time,) it's yours :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 1134