Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459467 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #780 on: July 11, 2011, 03:30:11 am »

8 Hours left before Greed Corp stops being 75% off. Seriously, buy it, it's great.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #781 on: July 11, 2011, 03:34:56 am »

I would just ignore the DoW RTS games. I played them, and the maps are the equivalent of a piece of paper with lines drawn on it. There is no height advantage, and all attacks can pass through and surface, like a bullet passing through 30 feet of metal and concrete and not losing any firepower. The terrain is only there for borders and looks.

Not to mention the community a bunch of hypocritical stubborn idiots.

I've never had any of these issues and different terrains grant cover bonuses.  I enjoyed the DoW games and I'm not even an RTS guy.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 11, 2011, 06:41:48 am »

I would just ignore the DoW RTS games. I played them, and the maps are the equivalent of a piece of paper with lines drawn on it. There is no height advantage, and all attacks can pass through and surface, like a bullet passing through 30 feet of metal and concrete and not losing any firepower. The terrain is only there for borders and looks.

I've never had any of these issues and different terrains grant cover bonuses.  I enjoyed the DoW games and I'm not even an RTS guy.

They aren't issues. Are you saying your weapons don't fire through solid terrain? Or that being on a virtually higher landing gives you more range?

Also the terrain is a texture on the ground that gives a defense bonus. Unrelated to what I was talking about.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #783 on: July 11, 2011, 07:37:17 am »

ok i need help deciding. Never played any of the Dawn of War games. I dont think I want to shell out for all of them, should I get the original Dawn of War 2 games or should I get Retribution?

You need Dawn of War 2 to play Retribution. It's an expansion pack.

No, you're completely wrong. It's entirely standalone. You need original DoW2 for Chaos Rising (which is a worthwhile singleplayer experience even if you're all multiplayer-focused), but you don't need anything for Retribution.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 11, 2011, 02:02:59 pm »

They aren't issues. Are you saying your weapons don't fire through solid terrain? Or that being on a virtually higher landing gives you more range?

Also the terrain is a texture on the ground that gives a defense bonus. Unrelated to what I was talking about.
have you updated your game since my orks always have to move around so they can get a LoS.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #785 on: July 11, 2011, 02:41:35 pm »

A friend of mine bought a 4pack of a game called Sanctum (I think) yesterday. Its a single/multiplayer sci-fi tower defense/first person shooter game. Moderately fun but very difficult.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #786 on: July 11, 2011, 03:00:33 pm »

Very, *very* difficult. It took me two tries to get past the first level; it seems like part of the key is going for turrets with spike damage or splash damage above all else, and not forgetting to hold up your end. I end up doing about 1/3 of the DPS when I'm successful.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »

First stage is easy if you know to exploit the terrain.

Make it so that the enemies have to turn right after going under the bridge and then have to cross the bridge by blocking the direct path to the core. Also, a fully upgraded sniper is awesome in the right hands.

Spoiler: Like so. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:06:49 pm by Darvi »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 11, 2011, 04:15:06 pm »

And those monsters, always dancing about in their top hats when they win, its horrible.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 11, 2011, 04:17:11 pm »

Wat?

I have to see that.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 11, 2011, 04:21:45 pm »

You were talking about the mistake, i bought Gmod + Counter strike source for 6 bucks, when i checked it again it was 16...
That was awesome.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 11, 2011, 04:27:52 pm »

And those monsters, always dancing about in their top hats when they win, its horrible.

In single player if you win you get a bunch of marines and the heroine dancing instead.   I suspect this whole war is over the best disco club locations.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 11, 2011, 04:30:32 pm »

Including the Caramelldansen. :V

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:03 pm »

Wat?

I have to see that.

I am sure there is a video on youtube somewhere, but I can get a screen cap image of it later once I get home.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #794 on: July 11, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »

You said that the terrain was only there for "borders and looks", and I pointed out that no, it does in fact have gameplay mechanics attached to it.   It's exactly what you're talking it about, but since you're set on hating the game and citing problems that other people don't have as the norm, or are demonstrably false, there's no point arguing further.   Have fun!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1134