Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459191 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #570 on: July 05, 2011, 09:17:37 pm »

Is Guild Wars something good to pick up if you've got a friend to play it with?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 05, 2011, 09:22:20 pm »

I'd get the entire pack for $4.49 instead of buying them separately and using the prize tickets for the zenith remnant ($2.99 + $0.59 + $1.49 = $5.07). If you don't own the game, and you want everything, you'd be wasting 3 prize tickets and a small amount of money to not get the Alien Bundle.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 05, 2011, 09:25:52 pm »

Is Guild Wars something good to pick up if you've got a friend to play it with?
Yes, it's even worth it soloable, but particularly worth it with friends.

or hit me up in game.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 05, 2011, 10:02:00 pm »

I miss Guild Wars, those were good times, don't think I'm really up for the Download right now though.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #574 on: July 05, 2011, 10:24:02 pm »

How about King Arthur. I have and liek Total War games, does King Arther add anything that I am not getting with Total War? Is it worth it?
I got nothing

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 05, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »

How about King Arthur. I have and liek Total War games, does King Arther add anything that I am not getting with Total War? Is it worth it?

The biggest differences is that your heroes can cast spells in battle, and it contains more RPG elements than Total War.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 06, 2011, 09:13:03 am »

Keep an eye out for the "Best of Summer Sale" which is what they did in Christmas. It's where they put on the bestselling games of the last week on sale. That'll probably include Magicka etc.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 06, 2011, 09:32:23 am »

King Arthur is decent. The campaign tells a story rather than just being about conquest and strategy, and there are some interesting elements like choose-your-own-adventures.
The tactical battles are a bit lacking compared to Total War though. The spellcasting adds a twist, but the melee usually just ends up as a mosh pit no matter how hard you try.

Another game I'd say is worth a try is Hegemony: Philip of Macedon, which is 75% off. If you buy it on steam you can upgrade it to the Gold version on the developers homepage foairly cheaply as well.

stoney834

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 06, 2011, 11:49:39 am »

If you like Total War then King Arthur is worth getting at that price. I'd agree that the tactical battles aren't as good, but the more RPG like campaign makes it feel a bit fresher.  Also if you don't already own any of the games in it the paradox complete pack is very good value

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 06, 2011, 01:44:59 pm »

King's Bounty any good? It's 80% off on each title today, and the complete edition is 6 bucks.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #580 on: July 06, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »

It's pretty interesting. A mix between HoMM battles and RPG. It's like you're one of your heroes in the HOMM series, recruiting monsters and doing quests and stuff. Played it for quite a bit until it got super super hard and I had work to do instead of playing :) It's definitely a nice game, but personally I find it slightly generic (like nethack, where all types of monsters show up in a single dungeon).

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 06, 2011, 02:36:34 pm »

Armoured princess was less generic in that each island was themed and for the most part enemies would stick to that theme. If you enjoy this style of game it is definatly worth piunking up.

Edit: Olemars where is your avatar from? I know I recognise him from an old game but cannot place where from.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2011, 03:59:49 pm »

Note to you people:

instead of buying the STALKER package for 35 bucks, buy Shadow first then buy Pripyat with the promo bonus, total is 20 bucks and saves you 15.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 06, 2011, 04:14:49 pm »

The two-game (SoC + CoP) stalker package yesterday included the savings from buying SoC before CoP.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 06, 2011, 05:01:52 pm »

Edit: Olemars where is your avatar from? I know I recognise him from an old game but cannot place where from.

What has the world come to when the great mentat Radnor isn't instantly recognized.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1134