Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459151 times)

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #555 on: July 04, 2011, 09:51:16 pm »

Is Football Manager 2011 good enough to get my $14? I know there's a demo, but I want to get the opinions of the people here too. The Steam servers are so slow, it took me about five minutes to download Terraria...

EDIT: I'm installing EU3 right now, so that's why I can't download the demo.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:58:31 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 05, 2011, 12:31:08 am »

EU3: Complete is great, by the way. I have HoI II and didn't enjoy it that much, but EU3: Complete is very fun.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 05, 2011, 02:12:50 am »

Anyone wants to split frozen synapse twopack?

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 05, 2011, 06:00:37 am »

Is Football Manager 2011 good enough to get my $14? I know there's a demo, but I want to get the opinions of the people here too. The Steam servers are so slow, it took me about five minutes to download Terraria...

EDIT: I'm installing EU3 right now, so that's why I can't download the demo.

It's hands down the best manager game there is.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 05, 2011, 12:40:26 pm »

A.I War Alien bundle or that King Arthur Collection for around 5 dollars...Want... gonna have to convince myself to get one of these I think.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 05, 2011, 12:50:22 pm »

AI War: Fleet Command Bundle for 85% off.

BOUGHT WITH THE FORCE OF A THOUSAND EXPLODING SUNS.

It's amazing how many awesome games I'm getting for less than 10€ total from this sale.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 05, 2011, 01:09:05 pm »

It's amazing how many awesome games I'm getting for less than 10€ total from this sale.

Isn't it?  At the rate I'm going I'm going to end up with 15 to 20 new games for under 60 dollars.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 05, 2011, 04:06:51 pm »

Heey, I would buy majesty 2 for 4 dollars in a pinch.

Just like Majesty 1 right?

Honestly... in a lot of ways Majesty 1 is better.  After a while to me M2 just felt like I was playing just for the sake of saying I finished, not because I was really having that much fun.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 05, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »

Hmm, I own the first STALKER and enjoyed it...any others that are worth picking up?  Thought I'd heard one of them had very good mods...

KG

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 05, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »

Well Clear Sky is terrible. I've never finished it.

The faction war (which is pretty much the only thing the game has) starts out great.
I joined the bandits and were having a ball blasting up all the loners. Got some sweet loot and decided to go and do the main quest just when the loners did a counter attack. By the time I got back to teh warzone the weak arse bandits managed to lose 5 check points.

Pissed off I took them back very slowly when another counter attack was preformed and I lost some checkpoints on the other side of the map. Annoyed I took back those bases using up most of my ammo and BAM more fucking bases capped.
Got sick of the dance back and forth and decided to try and cap all the loners' bases to stop 'em coming.

Little did I know theres no way to order around those lazy arse gangstas and they were content sitting on their arses while getting shot at. So I had to try and cap the bases alone.
After hours, HOURS, of gameplay running back and forth between the two factions waging war and trying to defend my main base I managed to get some head way.

The problem? The lazy bandits refused to cap the bases. Apparently a faction can't be wiped out. Which makes you ask whats the point of it.

Raged and let the dopey fuck bandits die I ran off and did the quests. Got so far untill a game breaking bug where a loner npc that couldn't be killed started to shoot me on site because I used to be a bandit, couldn't advance what little plot there was so I gave up.

As for Call of Pripyat it's much much better.
The game was like heaven for me. Everything was great, the food mechanics, the gunplay, the quests, pretty much everything.

Untill...
The plot. Oh god the plot. It starts out fine, things start to heat up but without trying to spoil anything the game loses all direction near the end.
When you get to the main area of pripyat which the game was making out to be some sort of treasure cove of awesome and you find it completely empty. Well, it's a kick in the balls.

Summing up. CS, avoid. CoP better than SoC untill near the end where it falls flat on it arse and disappoints you.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:13:03 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 05, 2011, 06:09:45 pm »

How's AI War bundle for 4.5?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 05, 2011, 06:20:56 pm »

Let me quote the DFC announcement-

If you don't own AI War, Deus Ex, Stalker at this price, I hate you
3h 45m 55s overdue
Scheduled by: KaelGotRice
Maybe even Guild Wars too if you like RPGs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 05, 2011, 06:35:46 pm »

Yeah, the hate is mutual :V

stoney834

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2011, 06:47:45 pm »

If I don't already own AI wars is it worth getting the complete DLC bundle for an extra £1.20?  I have enough spare tickets to get the prize one free but do the other two add much to the game? 

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2011, 07:12:07 pm »

This is, of course, the day I run out of Paypal money. At least the fifty bucks extra I put in should transfer soon.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1134