Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459116 times)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #510 on: July 03, 2011, 05:44:58 pm »

Was hoping for a bigger discount on arma2 :(

Are the two DLC's worth the 9 euros combined?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 03, 2011, 07:38:14 pm »

They make the game waaaaaay better, most servers run them so if you don't have them you won't be able to join them.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 03, 2011, 07:58:41 pm »

They make the game waaaaaay better, most servers run them so if you don't have them you won't be able to join them.
You don't need dlc's to join servers, and no they're not worth it at all. I think themag is thinking about the expansion, OA. There really isn't much of a point not to buy combined arms since oa optimizes and adds so much to the game and there's way more servers running oa then vanilla arma2.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 03, 2011, 08:06:09 pm »

-.- I am actually getting through this sale without buying anything so far.
Same here. The only thing I found interesting to me which I don't already own was AssCreed2; but then I remembered that it has close to the worst DRM of anything ever. A pity, since the game itself looks quite enjoyable. My money stays safely in my wallet.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:15:27 pm by alway »

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 03, 2011, 09:52:54 pm »

You don't need dlc's to join servers, and no they're not worth it at all. I think themag is thinking about the expansion, OA. There really isn't much of a point not to buy combined arms since oa optimizes and adds so much to the game and there's way more servers running oa then vanilla arma2.

Hmm. Thanks for the replies. Damn the lousy sales for not making things insta-purchase ;)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 03, 2011, 09:56:31 pm »

Same here. The only thing I found interesting to me which I don't already own was AssCreed2; but then I remembered that it has close to the worst DRM of anything ever. A pity, since the game itself looks quite enjoyable. My money stays safely in my wallet.

Technically, the "always online" requirement was dropped from AC2. It checks once when you first connect, but the persistent requirement was removed - in other words, it's not really all that nasty any more. (AFAIK, the original, horrible DRM is still present in Brotherhood, though - Ubisoft seems to be dropping it from games after they've been released for a while.)

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 03, 2011, 10:23:18 pm »

Hmm. Thanks for the replies. Damn the lousy sales for not making things insta-purchase ;)
If you buy Combined Ops, join the DFC chat on steam we might be able to get a group together to play multiplayer!
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 03, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »

I believe free versions of the DLC are available from Bohemia Interactive to allow you to join servers running that content.  They use low-res textures and don't include the campaigns to encourage you to buy the content.

Just purchased Operation Arrowhead here, since I only picked up Arma II on the last sale.  I also recommend picking up Combined Ops if you don't have either yet.

KG

EDIT:  Yep, just finished installing OA, and the "Expansions" menu in game shows that I have "lite" versions of the DLC installed.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:31:23 am by kg333 »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 03, 2011, 10:56:27 pm »

Technically, the "always online" requirement was dropped from AC2. It checks once when you first connect, but the persistent requirement was removed - in other words, it's not really all that nasty any more. (AFAIK, the original, horrible DRM is still present in Brotherhood, though - Ubisoft seems to be dropping it from games after they've been released for a while.)
Ah, okay. *feels his wallet getting lighter*

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 04, 2011, 12:28:24 am »

I just finished Brotherhood a few weeks ago on PC, I think I had a total of one time where it auto-closed on me, which pissed me off at the time but didn't really impede my progress (Game saves fairly often unless you do long exploring spurts, which is less likely in this episode of the series). Granted, I've got a pretty good internet connection, so it is still something to consider. Price is still bound to go down sometime after the sale anyway, you can hold it off easily.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 04, 2011, 01:20:06 am »

If we're recommending games, Greed Corp for $2.49 (75% off) is a stellar deal. It's a turn-based, hex grid, light strategy game with a sort of steampunk aesthetic, in which you rape the earth for fun and profit. It plays more like a board game due to it's simplicity, but it's deceptively fun. Closer to Risk, than say Civilization. I can't speak to the replay value yet, but I've gotten two and a half bucks of entertainment out of it already.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:21:41 am by kinseti »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 04, 2011, 07:08:43 am »

If it has Securom, or certain other copy protection, or Punkbuster, it still goes in my list of "Never buying for the PC" games, meaning I'd only ever get it (a) for the 360, or (b) if they remove the copy protection later, e.g. the way X3 and X3:TC had their copy protection officially removed after a while.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 04, 2011, 07:23:53 am »

really was hoping for a better deal on Total war: Shogun 2. Guess I'll have to keep on waiting.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 04, 2011, 07:27:46 am »

really was hoping for a better deal on Total war: Shogun 2. Guess I'll have to keep on waiting.

In England, it'd be cheaper to buy it retail rather than buy it off Steam, even at the height of their sale.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 04, 2011, 07:37:08 am »

Retail prices here in Norway makes me   :'(
Shogun 2 at 22€ was half the cheapest store price here.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 1134