Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459114 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #495 on: July 03, 2011, 02:48:09 am »

Last Remnant is aone of the few games where the PC version is better IMO.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 03, 2011, 08:57:10 am »

Though i would mention steam is doing a insane paradox sale... You can get 95% of their gaming portfolio for 75 bucks.
..its.. quite a excessive amount of games, of many different types.
Everything from Eu3+expansions to mount and blade+expansions to heart of iron 3's stuff to majesty 2 and  cities in motion... Victoria 2... Magicka.. Some random other games...

I would buy it except i already own 1/3 of the games they have.. and the other 2/3 i wasn't as excited about.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 03, 2011, 11:10:29 am »

Though i would mention steam is doing a insane paradox sale... You can get 95% of their gaming portfolio for 75 bucks.
..its.. quite a excessive amount of games, of many different types.
Everything from Eu3+expansions to mount and blade+expansions to heart of iron 3's stuff to majesty 2 and  cities in motion... Victoria 2... Magicka.. Some random other games...

I would buy it except i already own 1/3 of the games they have.. and the other 2/3 i wasn't as excited about.

Yeah I wish I had the spare cash for it, its an awesome deal.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 03, 2011, 12:13:41 pm »

3. Did not enjoy GTA III at all, Vice City would get a 6.5/10 if I were rating it, and the last one I actually liked was GTA II and that was because of the LAN multiplayer.

Vice City was made for children of the 80's.
Fighting to takeover one of your houses is radical.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 03, 2011, 12:27:02 pm »

The download speed is amazing!
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 03, 2011, 12:42:52 pm »

The new set is up!
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 03, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »

Also, free ticket, just recommend a game you have.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 03, 2011, 02:06:27 pm »

I expect you mean that you're having similar problems. Steam servers busy and abysmal download speeds.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 03, 2011, 03:22:48 pm »

I expect you mean that you're having similar problems. Steam servers busy and abysmal download speeds.
Change the server. The Berlin server works for me.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 03, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »

3. Did not enjoy GTA III at all, Vice City would get a 6.5/10 if I were rating it, and the last one I actually liked was GTA II and that was because of the LAN multiplayer.

The only thing it had going for it was the 80s theme, which was great.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 03, 2011, 03:44:28 pm »

The only thing it had going for it was the 80s theme, which was great.

It was a marked improvement over III.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:50 pm »

Just got Torchlight for the price of a cup and a half of coffee. I don't think I can really lose in this situation. Even if I dont' like it, I'll get my $3 worth out of it. And I will like it. I love diablolikes.

EDIT: Just read a review that had "generic, ever more ridiculous, scaling loot" as a con. I'd say that's a pro.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:54:50 pm by freeformschooler »

Mirage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 03, 2011, 04:01:53 pm »

Few thoughts on today's deals:

Torchlight ($3) : Very fun little Diablo-clone hack n'slasher.  Not gonna see this any cheaper.
Tropico 3 ($3.75 or packaged with x-pack for $5) : Solid city-builder with a strong focus on political choice.
Defense Grid ($2.50) : A 3D tower defense game.  Haven't played it myself but hear it's good.
Dragon Age 2 ($36) : Ignore this unless you're a big fan of the series or CRPGs who doesn't already have it.  See the next deal otherwise.
Dragon Age 1 Ultimate Edition ($10) : Get this if you like RPGs at all and haven't played it yet.  You get main game + expansion + DLC for an amazingly low price.
Kane & Lynch 2 ($5) : This game came out less than a year ago and is already up for this price.  There's a reason for that.  Skip it.
Men of War Assault Squad ($8.75) : I played the demo for this and didn't like it, even though I love the WWII setting and strategy games.  Should I give it another shot?
ARMA II Combined Ops: ($22.50) : If you're interested in a a hardcore realistic military shooter get the Combined Ops pack, $2.50 extra and you get both games.
AC Brotherhood ($20) : Decent price considering it's a new port.  Only played this on consoles but it's pretty fun, especially if you have an interest in history.

Can anyone give me an opinion on Two Worlds 2?  Heard mixed things but I'm a big fan of open-world RPGs.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 03, 2011, 04:38:31 pm »

-.- I am actually getting through this sale without buying anything so far.

If you're interested in ArmA2, now is the time to buy. Make sure you get Combined OPs.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 03, 2011, 05:21:58 pm »

I was close to buying that Valve pack, and then was tempted by the THQ pack, and today nearly bought Tropico 3...in the end I purchased Torchlight. This is pretty terrible; somehow that Daily Deal ticker and the blaring 80% off in gray intertwine with the delicious ease of the Steam interface. The whole thing pushes me towards purchasing games. ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1134