Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458997 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #405 on: June 30, 2011, 03:27:06 pm »

The Lead and Gold achievement... I have no clue what the developers were smoking, but it's pretty much impossible without farming it. Seriously, 7 consecutive headshots? Bear in mind (at least from my experience) that a non-headshot resets the counter. Bodyshot someone, and you're starting over from the beginning.   >:(

...yeah. If you need a hand (and by 'hand' I mean 'somebody to stand still while you blow their head off repeatedly'), let me know. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thexor

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 30, 2011, 03:29:24 pm »

Seems like a nice price. Anyone think Borderlands is good for just two players who enjoy [MMO]RPGs as well as shootyfuntimes games?
Yup. Borderlands is well balanced for co-op. Enemies grow stronger, loot gets better and so on. Plus you can easily take different roles even if both of you have the same class.

I bought it with full price and thought it was well worth it.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 30, 2011, 03:29:59 pm »

Garry's mod is totally worth it, as is Borderlands.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2011, 03:30:05 pm »

Lead and Gold isn't something I'd leave installed on my hard drive anyways. Played it during a free weekend. Gave it longer than I gave Monday Night Combat, which I actually bought, which is kind of hilarious, though.

I can definitely recommend getting G-Mod, though, if you have the Orange Box to go with it - if not, pick it up too.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 30, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »

Do I need tOB to run Garry's Mod?
No.  Just a source game as the Gmod store page reads.
List of source games: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=16
NOT Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Not having Half-Life 2 will gimp your model collection somewhat, but it's not strictly necessary.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »

I don't have The Orange Box, actually. Didn't really care to get TF2 or Portal, [since the former didn't appeal to me and I'd already played the latter.] but I guess I could do with play Half Life.

Also, Borderlands GOTY worth it?

Also, Just Cause 2 for a mere $13. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes sandbox games akin to GTA and can actually run it.

Also, argh.. Front Mission Evolved is $20 and Lost Planet 1 is $13. The latter I already own, but would like to record via PC. The former I'm interested in as a mech-enjoyer, but this wallet of mine burns with the awesome power of unemployment.

I should probably pass, but.. Argh ~
Borderlands GOTY on sale again? fuck yes take it.

Recettear 4.99!!!!!!!!!!!
*grabs the game in a mouth-frothing mania*

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 30, 2011, 04:13:05 pm »

I don't have The Orange Box, actually. Didn't really care to get TF2 or Portal, [since the former didn't appeal to me and I'd already played the latter.] but I guess I could do with play Half Life.

Also, Borderlands GOTY worth it?

Also, Just Cause 2 for a mere $13. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes sandbox games akin to GTA and can actually run it.

Also, argh.. Front Mission Evolved is $20 and Lost Planet 1 is $13. The latter I already own, but would like to record via PC. The former I'm interested in as a mech-enjoyer, but this wallet of mine burns with the awesome power of unemployment.

I should probably pass, but.. Argh ~
Borderlands GOTY on sale again? fuck yes take it.

Recettear 4.99!!!!!!!!!!!
*grabs the game in a mouth-frothing mania*
As I said in the Bay12 steam community chat: If you don't have it already, grab Recettear now! GRAB IT! NOW!
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2011, 04:22:00 pm »

Thanks guys, ended up getting Braid and World of Goo. Actually, I ended up getting a metric shit-ton of games I wanted. I will never, ever have time to play them all.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 30, 2011, 04:43:22 pm »

My bank account is so screwed. Any indie game recommendations to watch out for? I'm grabbing Recettear (First thing I saw and got, like so many others) Aquaria and Capsized, and I just couldn't pass up the Square Enix catalog.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #414 on: June 30, 2011, 05:14:02 pm »

I'd been considering DoW II: Retribution, but the THHQ complete pack was pretty tempting. It turns out I already have ton of those games, but the other DoW IIs and Metro seemed worth it. I also picked up a few other games. Trouble is I don't have access to steam at the moment, so no chance of me actually playing any of those games for a while. It also means I won't get many of the tickets, which is a shame as I have a few of the games required and those with stuff on offer.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 30, 2011, 05:25:06 pm »

My bank account is so screwed. Any indie game recommendations to watch out for? I'm grabbing Recettear (First thing I saw and got, like so many others) Aquaria and Capsized, and I just couldn't pass up the Square Enix catalog.

Here is a list of a few I liked or disliked:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/_Levi/recommended/
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #416 on: June 30, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »

I'm hosting a Lead and Gold server for a few minutes so anyone wanting to get the 7-headshot achievement, you know where to look.

Host: [DFC]Itnetlolor
Gamemode: Shootout
Level: Deadwater Ranch

EDIT:
Server is closed
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:22:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 30, 2011, 06:04:00 pm »

It turns out that I'm spending more money one cheap things than expensive things, making the cheap things expensive and the expensive things cheap ???

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 30, 2011, 06:50:32 pm »

Why does Steam hate my bank so much?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 30, 2011, 06:54:08 pm »

Why does Steam hate my bank so much?
Because Steam considers your bank one of the responsible for the financial crisis.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 1134