Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458846 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2011, 11:46:29 pm »

So, Assasin's Creed like they say it is? Worth the investment?

Worth the $6.80 to experience parkour fights with 12 guards by running around on rooftops and beams.  Followed by stabbing their leader in the face.

KG

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2011, 11:56:52 pm »

Did they removed the ultra draconian in Assassins Creed, or Ubisoft still requires full time never dropping internet connection?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2011, 12:01:12 am »

Did they removed the ultra draconian in Assassins Creed, or Ubisoft still requires full time never dropping internet connection?

IIRC, they've removed it for the earlier games - AC2 is now "draconian free", though I believe the newer games still have it.  :-\

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2011, 12:38:50 am »

I love the Assassin's Creed series I have played, adn beaten all of them, but Brotherhood

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2011, 02:00:19 am »

I personally enjoyed AC1 more than AC2, but that might be because after an hour of play I accidently knock over the Xbox while the disc was running, ruining it. AC: Brotherhood is awesome but the story isn't that good compared to the other two, totally worth a buy though.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2011, 06:33:54 am »

I remember visiting my friend when he got AC1 for his Xbox.  We didn't stop playing until we beat the game, in one sitting; it was that good.

Then we finshed and everyone who was there at the end was disappointed by the ending. 
We hoped it was just because of the non-100% completion, it was not.

Never played 2, heard it was even better.  But what about AC Brotherhood, is that anygood?

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2011, 07:39:04 am »

Far Cry 2 is a really, really pretty game. Worth my $5.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2011, 09:01:25 am »

If I got far cry for 5 quid, I would have enjoyed it more.

As it stands, I got bored of clearing enemy camps only to come back 2 minutes later for it to be populated again.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2011, 02:53:06 pm »

Tom Clancy / splinter cell games are 66% off on steam now. Are they good games? And which one is the best? Because if I would buy them all it would still cost me 93,35 euros

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2011, 03:33:06 pm »

Tom Clancy / splinter cell games are 66% off on steam now. Are they good games? And which one is the best? Because if I would buy them all it would still cost me 93,35 euros

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is pretty fun coop if you have some friends, for $3.39 not bad at all. GRAW and GRAW2 used to have some pretty intense tactical communities that played them, not sure how they're doing now. R6V2 I would recommend for sure if you got at least one other person to play through the game with.

Conviction was pretty damn good on the 360, but I'm not sure if the PC version suffers from consolitis or not.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »

Conviction is bloody brilliant if you play it as a parkour movie shooter. I'm serious, I feel like i'm in an action flick when i'm jumping around taking out guards silently while they're spraying at the other side of the room cos thats where they last "found" me.

The best stealth one, I would think, is chaos theory.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »

I just bought portal two, and lo and behold Steam installed first. So while I was waiting for portal to update or whatever, I made an account and started screwing around with the functions. I decided that Portal 2 will be the last PC game I buy on a disk. What are the speed requirements for a good TF2 match? I had some lag during Portal's Co-op, and I'm hoping TF2 will handle that stuff better...
EDIT: And what's the difference between Classic and normal?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2011, 01:46:50 am »

TF classic is the original, and TF2 is the remake. Everybody plays the remake now.

Speed requirement for TF2 is listed on the store page as 1.7 GHz min, 3.0 GHz P4 recommended.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2011, 08:16:45 am »

Oh. I thought that was processor speed, not Internet.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2011, 08:21:34 am »

TF classic is the original, and TF2 is the remake. Everybody plays the remake now.

Um no. Classic was a remake of the Team fortress for Quake engine.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:23:17 am by Hiiri »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1134